• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E4 - Oshawott vs. Dewott [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Please don't tell me we are getting the " I like my current state I don't want to evolve!" Nonsense again Piplup was an exception because Dawn was a coordinator but seriously?

What does Dawn being a Coordinator have to do with Piplup not evolving? I mean what would have hindered her if she had Prinplup/Empoleon instead of Piplup? I don't understand why the Oshawott evolution thing is such a hot topic of debate when, to be quite fair, we don't know that it won't evolve. Yes I'm playing Devil's advocate.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
What does Dawn being a Coordinator have to do with Piplup not evolving? I mean what would have hindered her if she had Prinplup/Empoleon instead of Piplup?.

One of the animators called Prinlup/Empoleon ugly, not suited for contests.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I'd go with C, only going off of the recent movie posters.

Most recent movies have been aired in between episodes that couldn't be possible. Zekrom/Reshiram Movie airing during the Don Battle Tournament Arc, the Zoroark Movie airing in the Sinnoh League Arc, so I wouldn't be surprised if the events of the Genosect Movie happening after they encounter it in the March 28th Episode or after the last N Episode which is on April 18th. Not getting my hopes up either, since I've already accepted the butt monkey to stay as it is for the remainder of the series.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Just from the image alone I would say that it's a safe bet that this will play out just like the Charizard release episode: Oshawott tries to measure up to the ones living on the island, initially can't, TR shows up with a dumb scheme, and then he gets stronger and proves himself.

Fun...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
One of the animators called Prinlup/Empoleon ugly, not suited for contests.

That didn't stop them from having her use Ambipom and Mamoswine in Contests though. I'm not sure I like the excuse that the writers came up with for the Piplup incident.

This episode just screams "angry reaction from fanbase" regardless of what happens, I know that much.

Y'all know I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the show. I'm practically on cloud nine since I'm almost 100% sure that I know how the episode will play out.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Just from the image alone I would say that it's a safe bet that this will play out just like the Charizard release episode: Oshawott tries to measure up to the ones living on the island, initially can't, TR shows up with a dumb scheme, and then he gets stronger and proves himself.

Fun...

which is one of the outcomes i see that will make the fandom angry, and yes probably the most obvious.

Then there's the possibility of it trying to copy Pikachu's Goodbye, which would also warrant tension.

and of course if it chooses to stay with the oshawott's then that will also gaurantee anger from the fanbase, granted it could also evolve, but i doubt either option is likely unless the movie poster is subjective to updation, which while it has been in some cases, hasn't been for most of them.

A cute starter vs its evolution? Its obvious where this is going. Its a writer's way to say that Oshawott won't evolve, ever. We have known that for a while and this episode just warrants that.

There are chances that Oshawott might evolve but the possibility of that happening is really low. Besides I don't think they do the poster update thing anymore.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Even though I don't believe its evolving, the only thing I can see with the farwell is Oshawott evolving, I don't see him leaving, its the main mascot of the series makes no sense or its just a tease title like the TR brreak up ones which is my bet since like I said I find it hard to believe its evolving.

Edit: Nevermind about evolving, just saw dman say it is an Oshawott in the movie I totally forgot that, so yeah new move for Oshawott here hopefully and the final rock(if it wasn't buried enough) in the chance of Oshawott ever evolving.

Last edited:
meh im conflicted. on the one hand more Oshawott & Dewott. so yay.

On the other it's yet another pokemon vs its evolved form battle. god how I deteste those. I just find then so unappealing

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
A cute starter vs its evolution? Its obvious where this is going. Its a writer's way to say that Oshawott won't evolve, ever. We have known that for a while and this episode just warrants that.

There are chances that Oshawott might evolve but the possibility of that happening is really low. Besides I don't think they do the poster update thing anymore.
You never know, they realize their making mistakes so evolving Oshawott maybe their step in the right direction.
Maybe the poster was made long before new episode ideas were thought out.

knux-the-killer

Another anti evolution propaganda episode. I bet they are gonna talk ill of Dewott. We don't need further proof that derp snowball will never ever evolve.

matt0044

Please Evolve Oshawott!

Like that will ever happen.... :(

Well, it should be nearly the end for BW so if he evolves, it'd be fine since this saga's ending.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
My initial thoughts:

- Oshawott won't leave (In the movie for one, and one of Ash's most popular and marketable Pokémon, will stay until the end of the saga)
- Another "I don't need to evolve I'm strong enough not to" episodes, Oshawott probably confronts his fear of his evolved forme and confirms he doesn't wish to evolve
- I'm going to love the different Oshawott's! Hopefully we get loads with different attitudes/personalities
- Meowth going under cover to steal Oshawott possibly?

Status
Not open for further replies.