• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E6 - Professor Oak [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Muk is funny because it mud rapes people, if the muk belonged to Oak and mud rapped him we would still find it funny, the funny part is on the pokemon not the owner.

Then we disagree. I'm happy to see Muk most of the time, because it's Ash's and it acts funny. If a random Kingler would pinch Oak, then I wouldn't be as happy than if it were Ash's Kingler. Therein lies the difference.

Its multiple rotoms, its actually a cool pokemon to make the episode funny, also its the usual suspects.

I'm not such a big Rotom-fan. I find that giving a pokemon that many forms actually hurts it. Just look at Eevee, you almost can't have an Eeveelution without getting some hype about it. Same happens to Rotom, you can only showcase Rotom, by showcasing the other forms as well. Rotom has therefore become defined by the forms, and not by itself. I think that's hurting a design and hurts for me to see it as funny. It's just the writers using the same old schtick again.

Oak befriends the Rotom, I believe that means the Rotom lets himself be caugth by him or goes with him wtv.

Sigh.. Befriending is so lame.. It's typical Ash-like..

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Poor rotom. People are judging him before the episode even airs. give him a chance people.

This is Rotom we're talking about. A Pokemon whose sole purpose is to possess electronics and cause chaos. There's nothing deep about the species imo, so it's quite easy to judge them given what we know about them already. And apparently I was right in thinking that nothing important will happen in this episode thanks to our prophet.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Then we disagree. I'm happy to see Muk most of the time, because it's Ash's and it acts funny. If a random Kingler would pinch Oak, then I wouldn't be as happy than if it were Ash's Kingler. Therein lies the difference.

I'm not such a big Rotom-fan. I find that giving a pokemon that many forms actually hurts it. Just look at Eevee, you almost can't have an Eeveelution without getting some hype about it. Same happens to Rotom, you can only showcase Rotom, by showcasing the other forms as well. Rotom has therefore become defined by the forms, and not by itself. I think that's hurting a design and hurts for me to see it as funny. It's just the writers using the same old schtick again.

Sigh.. Befriending is so lame.. It's typical Ash-like..

Again, the point isn't Muk being him you find him funny because like you said, he acts funny, being happy because he belongs to Satoshi is a diferent sentiment, I like to see Satoshi old pokemon too, if the Muk was from Oak from the begining we would call it Oak Muk and we would still find it funny, no you wouldn't notice any diference on how funny he is or is not because of the owner.

Ok

Wtv.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
myriada said:
It looks like the region prof's lab.
It's not.A lab isn't mentioned in the preview and any proffesor what means that a lab isn't happening. Easy prediction.
Hoping Kenji appears too.
He doesn'tKenji isn't appearing because Kenji will appear in the VA as a main character. Easy prediction unless you consider an error like the Dragonite's capture episode.
Maybe it shows off a new Rotom form?
It doesn't. If there were a new Rotom, we will know that by now. Easy prediction.
Ash and gang better get ready for their afros.
They don't get any.They doesn't appear that they get afros.
I'm hoping there are multiple Rotom, enough to show all of them together in all the forms.
There aren't..Apparently there are 3 but myriada could confirmt he number of Rotom.
I hope we can see some of Ash's oaked poKemon
We don't. This is a bit more tricky. I don't expect that, however.
I hope Oak uses Dragonite to battle
He doesn't.I don't think that anything of the Mastermind special will be canon. Easy prediction.
However, I think that there might be a little town in that island.
There is. How do you know that there is a town? What name is that town?
What??? No James dressing up as Oak this time?
Correct. Team Rocket are attempting to catch Rotom with a machine.
Well he battles Rotom with something so he has another pokemon, we just don't know what.
He doesn't.. How do you know that?
will he battle it with something or just befriend it
Befriend it. To see if it's catched, befriended or catches through the gang's poemon you have to see the episode. And the episode hasn't aired.
Excadrill, Snivy, Leavanny, Chairzard, Crustle and Boldore could appear.
They don't. How do you now that any of them are appearing?
If the va is listed as voicing Rotom then excadrill won't appear
It doesn't.
Another Purrloin, I wonder if its the boat(even though its not the same boat) one
It's not. How do you now that isn't a Parer purrloin

Might battle one of then. just because Krookodile is in it doesn't mean it will battle.
It doesn't battle the Rotoms Ho0w do you now that? And what Krookodile do
Im betting Purrloin belongs to Parker.
It doesn't. How do you now that? Is a wild Purrloin?
-Looks like Rotom controls a robot.
It doesn't Rotom control electric appliances, not robots.
What if he catches all of them?.
He doesn't. DHow do you now that and what Rotom wil catch?
And to end, he sends a very specific prediction.
19.And is this ep the first time a non-Unova Pokemon has been featured in a Livecaster? Do you have seen the LC of this episode.

You predicted everything right in the past two episodes, with things that you have to watch the episode to be sure of that.

The questions, why do you now everything about the episode two days before airing? Because I don't know any channel that airs Pokemon before TV Tokyo.

If your 19 predictions are right, you have been watching those past n3 episodes somewhere. How do you see the episodes?

And because you are a predictor, I predict this things to you, myriada. COnfirm or denied that if you think that are true or false.
-Krookodile will battle Team Rocket.
-Oak will be here because Oak wants to investigate the Rotom.
-Rotom will make Team Rocket blasting off.
-Oak will meet Team Rocket in Best Wishes (easy to make, honestly).
-The ending will be the version with the girls in it.
-Oak will catch one of the Rotoms. But not two of them.
-The gang will be zapped by one of the Rotom.
-Team Rocket's motto will be a stocked version of the motto that we see now.
-Emolga will have more screentime than Stunfisk.

-And finally, a more trickier prediction. Dawn will appear in the Live Caster of this epoisode or in the next. If she doesn't appear, the Live Caster will go to Koffing.

Last edited:
You predicted everything right in the past two episodes, with things that you have to watch the episode to be sure of that.

The questions, why do you now everything about the episode two days before airing? Because I don't know any channel that airs Pokemon before TV Tokyo.

If your 19 predictions are right, you have been watching those past n3 episodes somewhere. How do you see the episodes?

And because you are a predictor, I predict this things to you, myriada. COnfirm or denied that if you think that are true or false.
-Krookodile will battle Team Rocket.
-Oak will be here because Oak wants to investigate the Rotom.
-Rotom will make Team Rocket blasting off.
-Oak will meet Team Rocket in Best Wishes (easy to make, honestly).
-The ending will be the version with the girls in it.
-Oak will catch one of the Rotoms. But not two of them.
-The gang will be zapped by one of the Rotom.
-Team Rocket's motto will be a stocked version of the motto that we see now.
-Emolga will have more screentime than Stunfisk.

-And finally, a more trickier prediction. Dawn will appear in the Live Caster of this epoisode or in the next. If she doesn't appear, the Live Caster will go to Koffing.

O.O

Why don't we assume this kid knows something we don't and leave it at that? :eek:

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I can imagine Rotom and Muk just going on Prof Oak when he calls ash lol

Maybe, I could see Rotom puffing up Professor Oak's hair or messing up the phone call with Ash by sending him funny images instead.

I want him to catch it now. XD

I'm setting myself up that Emolga will suffer her first defeat. It breaks my heart how much damage she takes in this episode. Is that anyway to treat the Queen?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Lol, maybe....the queen of iris's four pokemon....kidding.

I wonder if Oak will foreshadow what will happen as soon ash gets to kanto though.

I wonder if Oak will travel back to Kanto with Ash via the boat once this episode is over or if he'll just go back to his lab offscreen?

I'm not seeing him sticking around. I'm sure it would of been mentioned if he's in later eps

diakyu

O.O

Why don't we assume this kid knows something we don't and leave it at that? :eek:
He has successfully 100% predicted the endings of both of the last two episodes. He even mentioned Pikachu cleaning the floor in the zoroark episode before it even aired.

Well know that we've been told a bit more about this episode, I guess I'll still watch it. Should be fun no matter what.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Unless he/she is psychic, everyone has the right to their own opinions in here since we know nothing until we get evidence of things.
If you want to believe that then it's fine , but he did just get a few predictions completely right in a row.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
If you want to believe that then it's fine , but he did just get a few predictions completely right in a row.

I got a few back in the past as well as some others but that doesn't make me God. However, I'll take this topic aside since this will have little to do with professor oak later on down the road. I can predict that as well.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I'm not seeing him sticking around. I'm sure it would of been mentioned if he's in later eps

I thought Professor Oak shares his VA with the Narrator or something?

If he does join Ash, he doesn't need to be mentioned in any summary if he's not contributing to the plot or anything, he could just stay on the ships. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.