• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E6 - Professor Oak [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Does Oak even do enough to warrant this capture? What is Muk and Rotom now gonna gang up on him every time Ash makes a phone call?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Does Oak even do enough to warrant this capture? What is Muk and Rotom now gonna gang up on him every time Ash makes a phone call?

Do enough? if he wants to study the pokemon and none of the people in his lab have it whats the problem? he studies pokemon thats his job, I just wonder where the heck this is taking place if its at the lab I hope Satoshi pokemon help him.

gliscor&yanmega

Do enough? if he wants to study the pokemon and none of the people in his lab have it whats the problem? he studies pokemon thats his job, I just wonder where the heck this is taking place if its at the lab I hope Satoshi pokemon help him.

It's on one of the island.

On May 30th, they visit the Mutoro Island where Profesor Oak goes against the Pokémon Rotom, with Professor Oak apparently capturing one.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So Oak comes to the islands? well I saw him on the island so that was dumb question to ask I guess, so no chance of seeing Satoshi older pokes.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well I meant onscreen Pepsi ^^;

Onscreen as in what? you want to see him study Rotom? there really isn't much to it, he is a professor he wants to study a pokemon, making an episode about him capturing said pokemon is perfectly reasonable, I mean if he asked Satoshi to capture one because he wanted to study it, it would be cooler but I don't see a problem, hes not a main character so what we see "onscreen" is him transfering pokemon to Satoshi but he has more to do then that or are we going back to stuff doesn't happen onscreen?

Like Torkoal, Cyndaquil, etc coming back stronger? Yet they did come back stronger
Like Palpitoad, Leavanny not being trained because they don't appear? Yet they did get traning because they had new moves and Satoshi said he teached them that in preparation for the league

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
So Oak comes to the islands? well I saw him on the island so that was dumb question to ask I guess, so no chance of seeing Satoshi older pokes.

Why does it mean none of Ash's Poké's? Oak could bring some of them with him, or an assistant like Casey could transfer them over. I'm not bothered if there are any old ones but I don't see how it means no chance of them turning up.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Onscreen as in what? you want to see him study Rotom? there really isn't much to it, he is a professor he wants to study a pokemon, making an episode about him capturing said pokemon is perfectly reasonable, I mean if he asked Satoshi to capture one because he wanted to study it, it would be cooler but I don't see a problem, hes not a main character so what we see "onscreen" is him transfering pokemon to Satoshi but he has more to do then that or are we going back to stuff doesn't happen onscreen?

Like Torkoal, Cyndaquil, etc coming back stronger? Yet they did come back stronger
Like Palpitoad, Leavanny not being trained because they don't appear? Yet they did get traning because they had new moves and Satoshi said he teached them that in preparation for the league
DX I don't know, it just seems silly for him to capture the thing but never really use it

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Why does it mean none of Ash's Poké's? Oak could bring some of them with him, or an assistant like Casey could transfer them over. I'm not bothered if there are any old ones but I don't see how it means no chance of them turning up.

He has his own pokemon why would he bring a trainer pokemon with him and conviniently be Satoshi pokemon while Satoshi somehow meets with him in a random island?

DX I don't know, it just seems silly for him to capture the thing but never really use it

Ok then lets have Oak travel with Satoshi next region, who needs a boy and a girl with Satoshi, lets get Old man Oak and his Rotom.

People don't have pokemon just to battle, not ingame and not in the anime.

I don't get why do you guys have to complicate such simple stuff all the time, we still don't know the entire plot of it but I'll say it again if he just want to catch a Rotom to study it, hes a pokemon preofessor whats the big deal? What about the twins? they caugth a Corpish and a Buizel, booh we are never going to see that Corpish and Buizel battle, why do they need them?

Plus Rotom hasn't appeared much this is probably the writers showing a pokemon thats hasn't get much attention doing someting.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Mutoro Island?

Oh haha, it's "Rotom", but with the characters switched around.

That's not clever in the slightest.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Mutoro Island?

Oh haha, it's "Rotom", but with the characters switched around.

That's not clever in the slightest.

The island where people dump their appliances... hence why there is a Rotom here. XD

I wonder if in this episode they will talk about Rotom's ability to switch types. It could be interesting. :)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The island where people dump their appliances... hence why there is a Rotom here. XD

I wonder if in this episode they will talk about Rotom's ability to switch types. It could be interesting. :)

...Why would anyone just dump something on an island.

Does recycling not exist in the Pokemon world?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

Ah, no idea. We should ask them. :p

---

However, I think that there might be a little town in that island. Who knows, maybe Rotom is causing some problems to the habitants and Oak stops and catch it?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Does Oak even do enough to warrant this capture?

I wondered the same thing. I mean let's face it, Oak rarely ever appears and when he does it's usually to showcase some research. And I don't know why Oak would want to capture a Rotom; if he really wanted to research the species, I'm sure he could have just borrowed one or studied one in its natural habitat (his kitchen perhaps?). I don't know. I just don't think Oak needs to capture a Pokemon just to do some research. He's an older guy who isn't even a real trainer anymore. A capture just seems redundant imo.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Oy, one shock and Rotom's the next Muk??

Canada

Banned
An island where people dump their appliances? Man, people in the pokemon world can be such pigs~

UnovaCastaway

It could be a message about electronic waste.

Even though there are electronic recycling facilities in the real world, there are still places where people dump them. I saw a video of a villiage in China that's right next to an electronics dump, and it was NOT pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.