• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E6 - Professor Oak [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I wonder if Oak is capturing Rotom for Delia. Maybe Mr. Mime has run off to the circus again.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I wonder if Oak is capturing Rotom for Delia. Maybe Mr. Mime has run off to the circus again.

Da fuq o_O?? Why the heck would this ever happen??

Last edited:

dman_dustin

That Special was commissioned by 4kids and had a few errors iirc.

There was only one real error, that could've easily been made even if this was all done by the Japanese.

The ONLY error is Max erroneously states that Aggron cannot learn thunder wave which it can.

However the Japanese have made the error of stating that Metal Sound lowers defense rather than special defense, while TPCI changed it to be correct.

Look, it may have been financed by 4kids and later TPCI (after they bought the rights), but it was still a Japanese production. 4kids/TPCI may have had some control over it, but that doesn't mean it was fully created by 4kids/TPCI, again it was primarily a Japanese production, who was at best financed by a western company, and somehow given special privileges of airing it first (probably because of the money spent on it).

That doesn't make it non-cannon, because no main cast member had any Pokemon that they didn't already have. I mean after all Ash didn't whip out a Deoxys, did he? No, and besides we hardly if at all see any of Professor Oak's Pokemon.

All we know is that he has a Charmeleon (who might've died), Dragonite and/or Pidgey, that's it, there is nothing but the writer's choice to determine which Pokemon Oak uses or not. I'm sorry to say this, but you have no say in the matter, what YOU believe to be canon or not canon is completely irrelevant, it's at the sole discretion of the writers.

If the writers want Oak to use Dragonite, what is stopping them from doing so? Especially when there IS precedence, over say Oak using Swampert.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Look, it may have been financed by 4kids and later TPCI (after they bought the rights), but it was still a Japanese production. 4kids/TPCI may have had some control over it, but that doesn't mean it was fully created by 4kids/TPCI, again it was primarily a Japanese production, who was at best financed by a western company, and somehow given special privileges of airing it first (probably because of the money spent on it).

That doesn't make it non-cannon, because no main cast member had any Pokemon that they didn't already have. I mean after all Ash didn't whip out a Deoxys, did he. No, and besides we hardly if at all see Professor Oak's Pokemon.

All we know is that he has a Charmeleon (who might've died), Dragonite and/or Pidgey, that's it, there is nothing but the writer's choice to determine which Pokemon Oak uses or not. I'm sorry to say this, but you have no say in the matter, what YOU believe to be canon or not canon is completely irrelevant, it's at the sole discretion of the writers.

If the writers want Oak to use Dragonite, what is stopping them from doing so?
.....I never once stated my opinion to be fact, I said "as far I was concerned" the Mastermind Special isn't canon to the current show. The writers are perfectly capable of having him have any Pokemon, a Pigeon, Kairyu, Lizardo, but I've never taken that Special to heart and simply don't think he has such a Pokemon since he was never shown to.

dman_dustin

simply don't think he has such a Pokemon since he was never shown to.

As opposed to what?

Look you may think it's non-canon, but it still happened.

You're acting is if Oak pulling out a Golem makes more sense than Dragonite.

I'm not saying if Oak uses a Pokemon it's going to be a Dragonite, but it makes FAR more sense for Oak to use a Pokemon we have seen him use before, canon or not, it was still an anime special, and is a precedence. The special showed us with Oak and Dragonite.

Have we seen Oak with a Golem, in any anime production, movie, television, specials? No. Have we seen him with Swampert? No. Have we even seen him with a Bellsprout? No.

The only three Pokemon, well two Pokemon we have ever seen him with was Dragonite and Pidgey, Charmeleon is so suspect because Sammy had Charmeleon, we never saw Professor Oak as he is with it. So far all we know it died/got released and so forth. And if you want to take away Dragonite, then technically he only has a Pidgey because that's the only Pokemon we have ever seen him with in the relative "present" and not in a special.

That's it. And you know even if Oak has never been seen with a Golem, Swampert, or a Bellsprout, there's nothing stopping Oak from using one in this episode, because we technically only know of ONE current Pokemon based on "as far as your concerned logic" but at least Dragonite makes far more sense to use than a Pokemon we HAVE never seen him use, but it's still likely to see something new. Because Oak is solely treated like a human with lots of Pokemon knowledge, with no mention of the Pokemon he has himself.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
That's it. And you know even if Oak has never been seen with a Golem, Swampert, or a Bellsprout, there's nothing stopping Oak from using one in this episode, because we technically only know of ONE current Pokemon based on "as far as your concerned logic" but at least Dragonite makes far more sense to use than a Pokemon we HAVE never seen him use, but it's still likely to see something new. Because Oak is solely treated like a human with lots of Pokemon knowledge, with no mention of the Pokemon he has himself.

....It's just my opinion, it's okay if you think different I don't care ._.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Relevance!

Rotom becomes Delia's house slave, Ash takes Mr Mime to Pokefrance, it evolves and becomes a battle powerhouse.

Not even a little bit lol.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I would rather see Tracey and his Scyther, Marill and Venonat.

Who? You know I've been thinking and I really like the way the writers are bringing back characters from the past, even if it's only for small cameos in most cases. The fact that Oak is back in the flesh in this episode gives me hope that we may see the return of more characters in the future. I mean if Oak can get an episode where he chases a Rotom around, what's stopping characters like Brock from coming back? The writers could make this arc slay so hard if they focus on bringing back characters from days of yore. Please don't let Professor Oak be the last retro character to appear.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Who? You know I've been thinking and I really like the way the writers are bringing back characters from the past, even if it's only for small cameos in most cases. The fact that Oak is back in the flesh in this episode gives me hope that we may see the return of more characters in the future. I mean if Oak can get an episode where he chases a Rotom around, what's stopping characters like Brock from coming back? The writers could make this arc slay so hard if they focus on bringing back characters from days of yore. Please don't let Professor Oak be the last retro character to appear.

They should have done that since the beginning. That whole fresh start thing grew old very quickly.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
As opposed to what?

Look you may think it's non-canon, but it still happened.

You're acting is if Oak pulling out a Golem makes more sense than Dragonite.

I'm not saying if Oak uses a Pokemon it's going to be a Dragonite, but it makes FAR more sense for Oak to use a Pokemon we have seen him use before, canon or not, it was still an anime special, and is a precedence. The special showed us with Oak and Dragonite.

Have we seen Oak with a Golem, in any anime production, movie, television, specials? No. Have we seen him with Swampert? No. Have we even seen him with a Bellsprout? No.

The only three Pokemon, well two Pokemon we have ever seen him with was Dragonite and Pidgey, Charmeleon is so suspect because Sammy had Charmeleon, we never saw Professor Oak as he is with it. So far all we know it died/got released and so forth. And if you want to take away Dragonite, then technically he only has a Pidgey because that's the only Pokemon we have ever seen him with in the relative "present" and not in a special.

What if he uses one of Ash's reserves?

dman_dustin

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I suggested Muk in an earlier post during this argument.

Muk's one of the only ones that I can see obeying Oak without question.

There's Bulbasaur, but I'd rather see Muk.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?601373-BWS2DA!E-Professor-Oak&p=15800076#post15800076

I don't think Satoshi pokemon would disaboey him, he has taken care of them for a while, I still don't see a reason for him to bring one of Satoshi pokemon when he has his pokemon and has other pokemon in the ranch, he should bring someone pokemon and possibly put said pokemon in danger without talking to the owner anyway.

dman_dustin

I don't think Satoshi pokemon would disaboey him,
I know it's not going to be a big deal or anything, would just be awkward just because....

I still don't see a reason for him to bring one of Satoshi pokemon when he has his pokemon and has other pokemon in the ranch, he should bring someone pokemon and possibly put said pokemon in danger without talking to the owner anyway.

Ash is going to be there.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I know it's not going to be a big deal or anything, would just be awkward just because....

Ash is going to be there.

Yes but apparently its going to be a coincidence not Oak saying hey SAtoshi I'm going to be on X island and Oak thinks since I'll be with him I'll bring one of his pokemon if not it doesn't really make sense to bring one of Satoshi pokemon specifically, I wouldn't mind but its one of those things like Hikari somehow being in Isshu for a battling competition out of nowhere just to fit her in the story instead of trying to make sense, something like the Charizard situation like last week makes more sense, he sees one remembers his, wants to see it, what I mean is there should be a reason why a certain pokemon appears.

dman_dustin

Yes but apparently its going to be a coincidence not Oak saying hey SAtoshi I'm going to be on X island and Oak thinks since I'll be with him I'll bring one of his pokemon if not it doesn't really make sense to bring one of Satoshi pokemon specifically, I wouldn't mind but its one of those things like Hikari somehow being in Isshu for a battling competition out of nowhere just to fit her in the story instead of trying to make sense, something like the Charizard situation like last week makes more sense, he sees one remembers his, wants to see it, what I mean is there should be a reason why a certain pokemon appears.

Why can't Oak bring Muk just for the hell of it, can't see why it has to be because Oak thought he was going to battle a Pokemon but he actually does?

But then the question becomes, why would Ash care? I mean this is Professor Oak we're talking about he's not going to torture and abuse Ash's Pokemon, so what if he uses Ash's Pokemon to battle without Ash's permission, and that's even assuming Oak doesn't contact Ash off-screen to ask permission. I mean this sort of thing isn't entirely necessary for us to see on-screen, because there would be no way to fit it in.

I wouldn't be surprised if oak brought unfezant with him and left with Charizard at the end of the ep

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Why can't Oak bring Muk just for the hell of it, can't see why it has to be because Oak thought he was going to battle a Pokemon but he actually does?

But then the question becomes, why would Ash care? I mean this is Professor Oak we're talking about he's not going to torture and abuse Ash's Pokemon, so what if he uses Ash's Pokemon to battle without Ash's permission, and that's even assuming Oak doesn't contact Ash off-screen to ask permission. I mean this sort of thing isn't entirely necessary for us to see on-screen, because there would be no way to fit it in.

I'm talking about it being too convinient and the old man having his own pokemon.

He isn't torturing them but hes in an expedition he can hurt them by mistake or any kind of weird circumstances.

Again if he somehow talked to Satoshi sure otheriwse out of all the pokemon he can bring if he bring one of Satoshi that just doesn't make much sense, just like how you guys wanted Charizard to somehow cross an ocean and find his trainer all the way from Johto didn't make any sense and the way writers did it was the logical way.

You won't see me crying if he somehow brings one of Satoshi pokemon, I'll be happy, I'm just saying it makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.