• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E6 - Professor Oak [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what I'm excited about. The possibility that Stuart Zagnit might reprise his role as Oak :D. He did get to do Cedric Juniper not too long ago so yeah.

Yeah, it's definitely possible. :D

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

sandy ketchum

I think carter cathcart did oaks voice.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Any new information.

[IMG139]http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae32/Playerking95/Decolora_Scan_3_zps6023ef8d.png[/IMG139]

Who did his voice in the subway two parter?? And the first few BW episodes??

Carter Cathcart/Jimmy Zoppi has done his voice since Battle Frontier and in those episodes.

I've actually talked to him before on Facebook. He's a very nice person despite his Oak voice being pretty...yeesh. I have a lot of respect for him even though I don't show it that often.

I prefer his older voice, though (along with the others myself).

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Carter Cathcart/Jimmy Zoppi has done his voice since Battle Frontier and in those episodes.

I've actually talked to him before on Facebook. He's a very nice person despite his Oak voice being pretty...yeesh. I have a lot of respect for him even though I don't show it that often.

I prefer his older voice, though (along with the others myself).

Exactly, so why would they change now lol??

I think carter cathcart did oaks voice.

Correct. Yeah, it's definitely him. While I do like Cathcart's James (since it sounds like Stuart's with a cold-- I prefer Eric's James the most out of the dub voices since he made him the most hilarious char on the show), Carter's Meowth is pretty rough and deep (though his voice acting is alright), and his Professor Oak is just...satisfactory/alright, IMO.

Exactly, so why would they change now lol??

Good point. I mean, he IS the newer generation's Professor Oak, and Cathcart is still on the show. I doubt it'll happen, but us older dub fans can always hope Mr. Zagnit comes back in the role since he plays Professor Juniper's Dad now in TPCi. I always liked Professor Oak's voice in 4Kids. :)

Anyway, back on topic, the prospect of Oak getting a Rotom in BWS2: Da! is pretty interesting to say the least. Is he gonna do one of his famous senryu's for us? ;)

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Correct. Yeah, it's definitely him. While I do like Cathcart's James (since it sounds like Stuart's with a cold-- I prefer Eric's James the most out of the dub voices since he made him the most hilarious char on the show), Carter's Meowth is pretty rough and deep (though his voice acting is alright), and his Professor Oak is just...satisfactory/alright, IMO.

Good point. I mean, he IS the newer generation's Professor Oak, and Cathcart is still on the show. I doubt it'll happen, but us older dub fans can always hope Mr. Zagnit comes back in the role since he plays Professor Juniper's Dad now in TPCi. I always liked Professor Oak's voice in 4Kids. :)

Anyway, back on topic, the prospect of Oak getting a Rotom in BWS2: Da! is pretty interesting to say the least. Is he gonna do one of his famous senryu's for us? ;)

Lol most likely, he always does a poem.

Lol most likely, he always does a poem.

I hope we get to see him put his finger up again and hear the little JPN sounds in the background. That'd be great. :)

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
We got scenes of the Rotom formes wrecking stuff. One using Flamethrower, one using Leaf Storm, etc.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So the Rotom are messing around and destroying stuff for their own entertainment; where have I seen that before? Seriously, the writers didn't do much to differentiate this episode from the Old Chateau one from DP. It's almost like I'm watching the exact same episode. That's not a good sign of things to come. :c

Janovy

Banned
It's almost like I'm watching the exact same episode.
You sound like Pokémon anime hasn't done this thousands of times already, lol.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So the Rotom are messing around and destroying stuff for their own entertainment; where have I seen that before? Seriously, the writers didn't do much to differentiate this episode from the Old Chateau one from DP. It's almost like I'm watching the exact same episode. That's not a good sign of things to come. :c

But hey at least thing Rotom gets caught. Could you imagine if Brock caught Rotom back then? It would have livened up Brock's staleness.

Status
Not open for further replies.