• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E6 - Professor Oak [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

Well it should be able to change shouldn't it??
It should be able to, but it probably won't change in the episode due to their already being a rotom in wash form. It really doesn't matter, I just love me some wash rotom.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It should be able to, but it probably won't change in the episode due to their already being a rotom in wash form. It really doesn't matter, I just love me some wash rotom.

It can always change later lol. I'm just happy we're seeing Oak battle again.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Things that make this episode somewhat interesting for me:

-Okido-Hakase battling and capturing a Pokemon.
-Seeing Rotom outside of that one DP episode.
-Possibility of seeing one or two of Satoshi's older Pokemon and/or Barriered.
-Maybe seeing Iris and Dento meet Kenji.
-Satoshi maybe using a lesser used Pokemon like Gamagaru, hell this episode would be great for me if he got a win and if Iris used her Doryuzu/Kibago and got a win and Satoshi using Zuruggu/Tsutarja and getting a win.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If Oak gets that Rotom I hope we'll see it in future episodes. Hopefully Oak'll use one of his older Pokemon to catch it or show us a new one

Oak:
- Charmeleon/Charizard: Depending on whether Mo4 is canon or not.
- Dragonite: Depending on whether Mirage Mastermind is canon or not.
- Pidgey: Who knows what has happened to this fella! :p
- Rotom: Nice addition.

I have a feeling this episode was made just to give Oak a main Pokemon that appears whenever he does. A pokemon has never really been associated with Oak in the anime.

Or the games, or any other media or whatsoever! I still don't get Rotom's appeal. Sure, Wash Rotom is good, but that doesn't justify it getting such focus episodes?

Oak has pokemon, and I want Muk to show up whenever he does!

Every time Oak appears Tracey never goes with him. At least to give him an appearance, just lol really. Anyway Rotom looks similar to Chimecho

Darn.. Your signature looks like bad fanart, yet it's one of the remade scenes.. Goes off and cries in a corner of a ruined childhood.

Well it should be able to change shouldn't it??

It probably will, the image showed a barrage of utensils... :p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I honestly don't see the point of Oak getting a new Pokemon. I mean the guy rarely appears and when he does he usually just gets kidnapped a speaking role and not an action role. It just seems redundant for a Pokemon to be captured when it's rarely (or maybe never) going to appear again. But of course, I know I'm the only person who thinks this way.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I honestly don't see the point of Oak getting a new Pokemon. I mean the guy rarely appears and when he does he usually just gets kidnapped a speaking role and not an action role. It just seems redundant for a Pokemon to be captured when it's rarely (or maybe never) going to appear again. But of course, I know I'm the only person who thinks this way.
Your clearly forgetting that I was the first one to question this decision (Oak capturing Rotom) XD

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Meh, it gives him the chance to battle in the future.....

Locormus

He can darnwell use his Charmeleon/zard and Dragonite if he wants to battle! Lord knows we haven't overexposure of those two in the recent months!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
He can darnwell use his Charmeleon/zard and Dragonite if he wants to battle! Lord knows we haven't overexposure of those two in the recent months!

Teh sarcasm o_O!

People for some reason don't count those as cannon so a new pokemon can't be disputed.

Bluelatios*

I'll tell you what I'm excited about. The possibility that Stuart Zagnit might reprise his role as Oak :D. He did get to do Cedric Juniper not too long ago so yeah.

bryanjuan

I wonder why the professor oak does not show all their pokemon their badges and trophies? will be that Professor Oak was already the champion of kanto?

gliscor&yanmega

A capture doesn't have to only happen for characters who are going to appear often or battle. People do have Pokemon for other reasons.

Locormus

A capture doesn't have to only happen for characters who are going to appear often or battle. People do have Pokemon for other reasons.

Exactly! Like Deliah and Mr.Mime.. And lets not forget Tracy's Venonat and Scyther, even though epic oldgeezer status, was undershowcased as well. Even his Marill, a new pokemon at the time.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So now its a big deal about Prof. Oak?

Prof. Oak appeared in Hoenn in the middle and in DP in the middle. Prof. Oak usually gets an episode out of the lab in every saga. Why is anyone shocked?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So now its a big deal about Prof. Oak?

Prof. Oak appeared in Hoenn in the middle and in DP in the middle. Prof. Oak usually gets an episode out of the lab in every saga. Why is anyone shocked?

People are trying to justify an episodes focus on him lol.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Well Oak already has other Pokemon and like I said, he doesn't appear often enough to get a lot of chances to battle in the first place. He's a professor anyway so he shouldn't have to battle at all in my opinion.

Well aside from possibly catching Rotom for research purposes, I can't see what else Oak would want a Rotom for. :x

People dare question the motives of the mighty Oak? The disrespect. I'm glad OG professor is doing something different on screen for once.

I love Oak deep down, but why do I get the feeling that he'll end up being kidnapped by either Rotom or Team Rocket at one point in the episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.