• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E7 - Croconaw & The Pirate King [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcySealeo

I think that Croconaw deserves some screentime. Bayleaf was Ash's and Casey's and Quilava is Ash's and Dawn's. So Croconaw is left alone with less screentime than the others.

PAndrews

I think that Croconaw deserves some screentime. Bayleaf was Ash's and Casey's and Quilava is Ash's and Dawn's. So Croconaw is left alone with less screentime than the others.

To be fair, Quilava didn't get much either, both have had few appearances in total and barely any wins.
Ash - Evolved and beat Team Rocket, then tied with Armaldo
Dawn - Evolved in the special, had an unfinished battle with Pikachu

Minor Characters
Macey - Fought Squirtle in the league and lost.
Clark - Used Charizard and Quilava vs Glalie & Groovyle, Quilava was taken out by Groovyle
Ryan&Bryan - Quilava & Croconaw vs Turtwig & Piplup (lost the first battle, won the rematch

Croconaw was indeed worse though.
Marina - Basically did nothing in the whole movie while Meganium and Typhlosion did all the real work.
Khoury - Totodile evolved in battle against Cyndaquil & Monferno but still lost.

Minor Characters
Dundee - Opening movie credits battle, got owned by Pikachu
Ryan&Bryan - Quilava & Croconaw vs Turtwig & Piplup (lost the first battle, won the rematch
Ranger Mason - Not much more then beating TR
Unnamed Trainer in the trainingschool episode.

In the end Ash should have had Croconaw and Quilava since mid-Johto instead of just a Bayleaf for some equal treatment.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
He has a point though. I mean at the beginning of the saga wasn't Unova made out to be so far far away from the other regions that Unovians did not even know the non-unovian pokemon? And suddenly there are duckletts in Johto/Kanto or wherever the heck they are...That's a little weird.

Thats how it works, didn't Gamefreak suddently change that?

Didn't Kanto have Hoenn and Johto pokemon in Fire Red/Leaf Green? Didn't HG/SS have Hoenn/Sinnoh pokemon?

Plus this is an archipelago between Kanto and Isshu apparently or between Pokeamerica and Pokejapan.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Thats how it works, didn't Gamefreak suddently change that?

Didn't Kanto have Hoenn and Johto pokemon in Fire Red/Leaf Green? Didn't HG/SS have Hoenn/Sinnoh pokemon?

Plus this is an archipelago between Kanto and Isshu apparently or between Pokeamerica and Pokejapan.

That doesn't change the fact that they never made a big deal about the distance of those other places lol.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
That doesn't change the fact that they never made a big deal about the distance of those other places lol.

They made it this time because its a diferent continent but like I said, Gamefreak already changed that and once again like I said, the next games are in Europe and it will have American and Japanese pokemon and a japanese pokemon actually gets a new evolution in Europe.

They(Gamefreak) felt like doing that because it made sense that the pokemon from a diferent continent are diferent but then they crapped on it with the second game and now Europe even thoguh its a diferent continent, doesn't have its own Dex of Europe only pokemon and thats basicly because this is going to be a smaller generation, so Gamefreak will change ideas all the time to fit their current game design and once again if it changes in the game it should be reflected in the anime, they didn't use old pokemon first because Gamefreak didn't.

Look at what they did with Belle and Cheren? Cheren is the older version of himself and Belle is the younger version, why? because they didn't use Cheren first and used Belle, then Cheren aged became a gym leader and they decided they could do an episode about it.

Just don't complicate stuff, first it was how is there a Jirachi in Isshu, now Dekorola is not Isshu apparently its Kanto and now its, why is there a Ducklett in here.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They made it this time because its a diferent continent but like I said, Gamefreak already changed that and once again like I said, the next games are in Europe and it will have American and Japanese pokemon and a japanese pokemon actually gets a new evolution in Europe.

They(Gamefreak) felt like doing that because it made sense that the pokemon from a diferent continent are diferent but then they crapped on it with the second game and now Europe even thoguh its a diferent continent, doesn't have its own Dex of Europe only pokemon and thats basicly because this is going to be a smaller generation, so Gamefreak will change ideas all the time to fit their current game design and once again if it changes in the game it should be reflected in the anime, they didn't use old pokemon first because Gamefreak didn't.

Look at what they did with Belle and Cheren? Cheren is the older version of himself and Belle is the younger version, why? because they didn't use Cheren first and used Belle, then Cheren aged became a gym leader and they decided they could do an episode about it.

Just don't complicate stuff, first it was how is there a Jirachi in Isshu, now Dekorola is not Isshu apparently its Kanto and now its, why is there a Ducklett in here.

That's not what I was saying -_-...you said because it is 5 gen, there has to be a 5 gen pokemon which I am saying is crap.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Typo, I meant 5th gen.

So when did I say there has to be a 5gen? I said there is no problem with Ducklett there, it could be a Wingull or wtv, we were just talking about your Johto thing as far as I'm concerned, I'm not even sure but at most I migth have said that its not surprising a 5gen is there but I believe I didn't say it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So when did I say there has to be a 5gen? I said there is no problem with Ducklett there, it could be a Wingull or wtv, we were just talking about your Johto thing as far as I'm concerned, I'm not even sure but at most I migth have said that its not surprising a 5gen is there but I believe I didn't say it.

Ok I know I read that somewhere....

It would be the same as there being a random Lumineon in a group of Psyduck, Goldeen, Staryu, Shellder, and Seel.

dman_dustin

That's not what I was saying -_-...you said because it is 5 gen, there has to be a 5 gen pokemon which I am saying is crap.

No, no, no, you're looking at this wrong.

We are still in 5th gen anime, so there still will be 5th generation Pokemon.

It makes no sense to solely focus on non 5th generation Pokemon. Otherwise Zoroark would never be showing up, and we wouldn't be having an Oshawott vs Dewott episode.

And before you argue what I know you are going to argue, Region =/= Generation. Because I'm pretty sure the Battle Frontier did not happen in the 1st generation.

My point is Ducklett being here makes sense because we are still in 5th generation anime. The other Johto Pokemon make sense because we are at the end of 5th generation and so other generation Pokemon showing up, makes sense.

Questioning why a 5th generation Pokemon is showing up in 5th generation ANIME, now that's bullcrap.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
No, no, no, you're looking at this wrong.

We are still in 5th gen anime, so there still will be 5th generation Pokemon.

It makes no sense to solely focus on non 5th generation Pokemon. Otherwise Zoroark would never be showing up, and we wouldn't be having an Oshawott vs Dewott episode.

And before you argue what I know you are going to argue, Region =/= Generation. Because I'm pretty sure the Battle Frontier did not happen in the 1st generation.

My point is Ducklett being here makes sense because we are still in 5th generation anime. The other Johto Pokemon make sense because we are at the end of 5th generation and so other generation Pokemon showing up, makes sense.

Questioning why a 5th generation Pokemon is showing up in 5th generation ANIME, now that's bullcrap.

Let's look at it this way. If the group of pokemon was: Psyduck, Mudkip, Buizel, Corsola, and Ducklett, then obviously there wouldn't be a problem cuz they are just random watr types.

But they are obviously focusing on the johto water types here so I don't see the need for Ducklett seeing as they could of just used the groups fifth gen pokemon to represent the fifth gen.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Let's look at it this way. If the group of pokemon was: Psyduck, Mudkip, Buizel, Corsola, and Ducklett, then obviously there wouldn't be a problem cuz they are just random watr types.

But they are obviously focusing on the johto water types here so I don't see the need for Ducklett seeing as they could of just used the groups fifth gen pokemon to represent the fifth gen.

Well if anything, croconaw is the odd one out because the other three are all in black/white 2.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well if anything, croconaw is the odd one out because the other three are all in black/white 2.

Lol they are still Johto though.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Lol they are still Johto though.

Okay....but they're not in johto, they're in the islands between kanto and unova. We don't even know what the episode is going to be about yet, but it's not going to be like a johto festival or something. Ducklett is a pokemon of the current gen, so it's not out of place at all.

dman_dustin

Because there isn't a 2nd generation water/flying Pokemon that can fly and walk on land.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Because there isn't a 2nd generation water/flying Pokemon that can fly and walk on land.

Well since they are on a raft I would assume the walking isn't really too important. A Mantine could of sufficed as a flying type.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Well since they are on a raft I would assume the walking isn't really too important. A Mantine could of sufficed as a flying type.

I can't believe you're making such a big deal out of this. They're Water-types, a random assortment of Water-types. That's that, nothing more nothing less. No Jouto symbolism in the slightest, just Water-type Pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I can't believe you're making such a big deal out of this. They're Water-types, a random assortment of Water-types. That's that, nothing more nothing less. No Jouto symbolism in the slightest, just Water-type Pokemon.

And the random part of having three johto pokemon is??.....

The Ducklett is random though, your right about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.