• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E7 - Croconaw & The Pirate King [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
Nah, I don't see Palpitoad showing up, most likely it's going to be Oshawott/Dewott (still have some small hope, just to be horribly and painfully snuffed out), I mean come on really Palpitoad, we all know such a Pokemon doesn't exist....I mean I guess it could a wild Palpitoad, but whatever.

I'd rather see a big badass Seismitoad instead.

Speaking of which, am I the only who noticed his scalchop broke in half? :p

Speaking of which, am I the only who noticed his scalchop broke in half? :p

No. xD It's been all over the forums so far. I'm hoping that he gets a new move utilizing his two broken Scalchops; however, I think the writers will just have him get a new one from the island..

Perapmanta_017

Probly not Ash's :( We need to see Ash's Totodile evolve like Cyndaquil did

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Probly not Ash's :( We need to see Ash's Totodile evolve like Cyndaquil did

It's practically confirmed that the Croconaw isn't Ash's since it's shown leading a group of random Water-type Pokemon. Not that it really bothers me; I've never cared for this "evolution for the sake of evolution" stuff in the first place. I just want to be entertained right now and this episode (which might be a fun filler) could get the job done easily since a Ducklett is featured and the species is hilarious imo.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So you'd prefer those Pokemon didn't get development, and don't want the writers to fix their Johto mistakes.

Why?

Coming back years later and evolving cyndaquil randomly isn't fixing johto's mistakes. You can't heal a broken leg with a bandaid.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So you'd prefer those Pokemon didn't get development, and don't want the writers to fix their Johto mistakes.

Why?

It's such a common misconception that evolution always fixes problems that Pokemon may have, when in reality that doesn't always happen and there have been cases where it actually makes things worse. Also, this notion that Johto must be redeemed is becoming tiresome in my opinion given that it ended over a decade ago. I just think it's time to forgive and forget. Besides, most people only seem to want certain Pokemon to evolve because they're bored of them and want something new, hence why I used the term "evolution for the sake of evolution." I'm not saying that's bad, but it's something that I've seen a lot of lately. Anyway, the Croconaw isn't Ash's so there's not much we can do about it. :x

dman_dustin

Coming back years later and evolving cyndaquil randomly isn't fixing johto's mistakes. You can't heal a broken leg with a bandaid.

I'm talking about the mistakes with the Pokemon.

It's such a common misconception that evolution always fixes problems that Pokemon may have

I'm sorry but let's look at Snivy for example, same moveset as it was when she was first was caught (and no, I don't count leaf blade), and was remained that way for more than 100 episodes.

Yeah let's see how evolution DOESN'T help her problems of being stale.

In Johto only one Pokemon evolved, Chikorita, and yes I'm only referring to Ash's Pokemon. I don't see why "randomly" evolving them (as if such a concept could exist, since there's no such thing as randomly evolving a Pokemon) would not fix any of the problems.

I mean is Ash worse off now that he has a Quilava? I don't know but I'd say Ash is somewhat better off.

And before we bring up the whole Torterra debacle, because I know someone is dying to bring it up. It's not like Torterra was really used in a whole lot of battle.

3 battles:

1 was against an Elite Four Member, yeah we all know why that didn't result in a win.

1 was against Volkner, can't have the ground type do good in an electric type gym.

1 was against Paul, and outside of the idiocy of that fight, Torterra suffered from not being the one who was meant to win.

None of Torterra's battles were written in a way it could've believably win, although one was definitely an unbelievable loss. I get the Drapion is super effective against Torterra, but having it use synthesis, and then just hit with an attack that should've dealt less damage than all that poison type attacks, yeah idiocy.

I would $50 that had Torterra been in another battle, just any other battle, not against someone where the loss/win of said character affects the plot of the storyline, that Torterra would've won.
---------------

But yeah, this isn't about Ash's Totodile/Croconaw/whatever, it's just a boring water Pokemon filler, that Palpitoad better be used in.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'm talking about the mistakes with the Pokemon.

I'm sorry but let's look at Snivy for example, same moveset as it was when she was first was caught (and no, I don't count leaf blade), and was remained that way for more than 100 episodes.

Yeah let's see how evolution DOESN'T help her problems of being stale.

In Johto only one Pokemon evolved, Chikorita, and yes I'm only referring to Ash's Pokemon. I don't see why "randomly" evolving them (as if such a concept could exist, since there's no such thing as randomly evolving a Pokemon) would not fix any of the problems.

I mean is Ash worse off now that he has a Quilava? I don't know but I'd say Ash is somewhat better off.

And before we bring up the whole Torterra debacle, because I know someone is dying to bring it up. It's not like Torterra was really used in a whole lot of battle.

3 battles:

1 was against an Elite Four Member, yeah we all know why that didn't result in a win.

1 was against Volkner, can't have the ground type do good in an electric type gym.

1 was against Paul, and outside of the idiocy of that fight, Torterra suffered from not being the one who was meant to win.

None of Torterra's battles were written in a way it could've believably win, although one was definitely an unbelievable loss. I get the Drapion is super effective against Torterra, but having it use synthesis, and then just hit with an attack that should've dealt less damage than all that poison type attacks, yeah idiocy.

I would $50 that had Torterra been in another battle, just any other battle, not against someone where the loss/win of said character affects the plot of the storyline, that Torterra would've won.
---------------

But yeah, this isn't about Ash's Totodile/Croconaw/whatever, it's just a boring water Pokemon filler, that Palpitoad better be used in.
You're kind of going in circles around the obvious thing. The evolutions are "random" because ash basically never uses the old rehional pokemon ever again, which is why it doesn't mean anything. Mayne ash isn't worse off that cyndaquil evolved but is it helping ash now in unova or later in the next region? The point is, going back to try and fix old region mistakes in the current region doesn't help anything.

LizardonX

Banned
You're kind of going in circles around the obvious thing. The evolutions are "random" because ash basically never uses the old rehional pokemon ever again, which is why it doesn't mean anything. Mayne ash isn't worse off that cyndaquil evolved but is it helping ash now in unova or later in the next region? The point is, going back to try and fix old region mistakes in the current region doesn't help anything.

Evolved Pokemon are always welcome. It shows that cyndaquil has finally shed his marketing curse.

Evolved Pokemon are always welcome. It shows that cyndaquil has finally shed his marketing curse.

Shedding his marketing curse after ten years? More like he isn't marketable any more, right? I mean Dawn they gave a Dawn Cyndaquil, there was no need for Ash to have one.

Luthor

Shedding his marketing curse after ten years? More like he isn't marketable any more, right? I mean Dawn they gave a Dawn Cyndaquil, there was no need for Ash to have one.

well i think it would've been good. I personally think the actual evo was a good thing. The real problem was that in its battle where it should've been allowed to showcase it's improved battling against Armaldo the battle was cut to show tr selling stuff.Had quilava got to truly battle I doubt anyone would've had such a problem with it.

LizardonX

Banned
well i think it would've been good. I personally think the actual evo was a good thing. The real problem was that in its battle where it should've been allowed to showcase it's improved battling against Armaldo the battle was cut to show tr selling stuff.Had quilava got to truly battle I doubt anyone would've had such a problem with it.

Armando should have won not tied....

Status
Not open for further replies.