1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

BWS2DA!E8 - Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! [FIRST POST 06/01]

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Spin Attaxx, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spin Attaxx

Spin Attaxx 2012-2013

BWS2Da!08: Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day we meet Again!
    Airdate: June 13, 2013
    Pictures:
    1) http://up.null-x.me/poverty/img/poverty53493.jpg
    2) http://i44.*******.com/kegmy1.jpg
    3) http://i39.*******.com/6scnqh.jpg

Summary: On Migration Island, Ash remembers the Caterpie that once traveled with him.

Translation Picture 2: Having arrived on Migration Island, Ash and his friends witness the moment a swarm of Metapod, the "Cocoon Pokémon", evolve into Butterfree, the "Butterfly Pokémon". The group is moved, but then a single Caterpie, the "Worm Pokémon", appears before them...
    - Caption: This Caterpie seems to have failed to keep up with the swarm's evolution.

Translation Picture 3: Hang on, Caterpie! Ash's special training!

Ash finds a Caterpie that has been separated from its swarm. He does his best to help it return to its swarm!

He wants to help Caterpie, which does as it pleases! Caterpie has quite a lazy personality. At this rate, will it be able to evolve into Butterfree at all?

- Caption 1: Ash takes an afternoon nap with Caterpie... Hey, are they really going to be okay?!
    - Caption 2: Its companions evolve into Butterfree one after another and fly away!

Pink box:
    Caterpie is a Pokémon that brings back memories for Ash!
    It's the first wild Pokémon that Ash got. It was a precious friend that grew up under his care.
    - Caption: After evolving into Butterfree, it parted with Ash to set off with its companion.

This image shows Butterfree making an appearance. Judging from the screenshot, it's possible it's going to be Ash's.

Talk away, then.

http://i43.*******.com/4fu97s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
  2. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

You could have asked a mod, you know...

Anyway, as I said earlier, if this is indeed Ash's Butterfree I wonder what could be its new moves. I hope for something like that:

- Sleep Powder
    - Confusion / Psybeam
    - Gust
    - Silver Wind / Bug Buzz

3. Everlasting

Everlasting Bright but faded.

BUTTERFREE WILL COME BACK !
    I really hope Butterfree comes back because I really liked that Pokémon. I hope he joins Ash team instead of Charizard.

4. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

It's possible we dont see any of its moves at all because I don't know that it will battle.

But charizard already did join his team....so that can't happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
  5. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

If its Butterfree it'll be like Lapras in Johto, a 1 episode thing.

6. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Wow, just wow. After all these years, Butterfree might actually come back? All we need is Primeape and Pigeot and my early years of watching anime will be complete XD Off topic: I see a shiny Drudigon back there.

7. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

Maybe some Beedrill, as a reminder of his evolution episode? I remember seeing a picture of many Beedrill in a scan. Maybe Butterfree saves the gang from them, like he did when he evolved?

8. Thriller

Thriller Its almost time

Fweehee! I'm lovin' the appeal to Kanto fans here!!

Nooaaawww, really?

9. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

People forget that Ash remembered Butterfree twice in DP, complete with flashbacks too. So this would be a follow up.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  10. Cuddy

Cuddy Cyndaquil Master

I wonder if the Butterfree can even get caught by another trainer? I do not remember Ash destroying the ball like Jessie did with her Dustox.

11. MastersOfMonsters

MastersOfMonsters ~Yaoi FanBoy~

Really hope that's Ash's Butterfree (and it'd be strange if it wasn't). I just hope the Pink Butterfree will show up, too. I liked it~

12. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

I doubt someone could, because he didn't destroy the ball, and he technically didn't release him....just let him go with his girlfriend.

13. Thriller

Thriller Its almost time

Okay now. They have no excuse not to do a Primeape episode now. This is the perfect opportunity.

14. Akuroma

Akuroma Well-Known Member

I wonder why Ash and Butterfree are upset. Hm. It really leave you with a question mark about this.

15. Virgil134

Virgil134 Eevee Trainer

Coming back to this post from the deleted thread

Pigeot was only gonna protect them temporarily until Ash would be back from the Orange Islands. He was never suppose to protect them permanently.

16. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Likely, but who knows, perhaps the pink Butterfree will be retconned, or imposed to have died in childbirth?

Could definitely see that Beedrill shot be from the Butterfree episode. It really makes sense, and when we got the toy-list, we should've put the two together. Too bad that the Croconaw is now not as likely to be Totodile evolving, but oh well: BUTTERFREE!! :O

True.. Wait a second, didn't you make a post about Primeape in this thread? Or was that somebody else?

In the sense of why they had Primeape in Oak's lab and not Butterfree? To answer that question, even if you didn't post it, it might be because of the flashback in BWn8 only showed Ash catching Primeape, while if Butterfree returns in this episode, it will have been clear that it has been released at one point or another. Meaning that if they don't necessarily address that a pokemon has been released, or set to training, then they'll just fake it being at Oak's and retcon the 'release', which is why we see Primeape, Charizard and Gliscor at Oak's. Forget if we saw Squirtle or not.

In response to Thriller, I think they retconned some releases already. Pokemon not at Oak's weren't officially released but set to train, and they retconned that to a limited time of training, and they have come back to Oak since. Hence why Charizard came from Oak, why Squirtle, Primeape and Gliscor are in that shot as well, and why Butterfree, Pidgeot and Lapras aren't.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  17. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

Yea squirtle was there too, right next to bulbasaur, although it being there at least seems more reasonable.

18. This sounds interesting if it is Ash's butterfree. I don't think it'll be staying for long though.

19. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

I'm going to guess Butterfree is living in an island, something happens and Satoshi helps Butterfree and his family/friends and we get a sad goodbye at the end again,, well atleast Satoshi will know where his Butterfree is.

Also I forgot how cute Butterfree is :D.

20. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

I swear my pants blew up when I saw Butterfree with Ash again

Probably because you guys don't know how much I loved Ash's Butterfree as a child, I thought he made the whole Butterfree species badass.

First Charizard, then Clair, now Butterfree? ZOMG PLEASE LET LAPRAS BE NEXT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.