• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E8 - Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! [FIRST POST 06/01]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I was so said when Butterfree left! Really undeserving decision!

I hope it stays. Or maybe we get a butterfree egg!? And a new evolution for gen 6! WISHFUL THINKING!

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I was so said when Butterfree left! Really undeserving decision!

I hope it stays. Or maybe we get a butterfree egg!? And a new evolution for gen 6! WISHFUL THINKING!

There won't be a fourth evolution to butterfree, so that's unrealistic thinking.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
There won't be a fourth evolution to butterfree, so that's unrealistic thinking.

it would be a branch evolution. and i know it would be unrealistic!

diakyu

What "obvious connection" is there with butterfree? Its all nostalgia and fan service.
Butterfree flew overseas far away to mate. Unova is faraway overseas. So it's safe to assume that Decorola is also pretty faraway from Kanto (and obviously overseas). I'm not saying that fan service and nostalgia wasn't a factor, but at least this comeback makes sense, much unlike Charizard's.

Lucas MV

Butterfree flew overseas far away to mate. Unova is faraway overseas. So it's safe to assume that Decorola is also pretty faraway from Kanto (and obviously overseas). I'm not saying that fan service and nostalgia wasn't a factor, but at least this comeback makes sense, much unlike Charizard's.

Right. Mewtwo was in a big faraway city too, and he is appearing in one in the next movie. So it's kind of the same logic with Butterfree. Him being in the Decorola Islands is logical. I agree on that. On the other hand, I fail to see why Charizard's return didn't make sense. Yeah, it was convenient to have a Kanto fair in Unova, but it is convenient for Ash to visit the place where Butterfree is living. Or Ash being in the right place and the right time when Genesect attack New Tork City... and do you know why all these things happen? Because he is the damn main character. Convenient stuff happen all the time for plot purpouses. Seriously, I don't see Charizard's return case being any different from that.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Could the Dekorola Islands also be where Pidgeot and his flock as well as Lapras and her pod migrated to as well? Could be plausible answers if we do see them too in this saga saying as how we're seeing Butterfree again?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Right. Mewtwo was in a big faraway city too, and he is appearing in one in the next movie. So it's kind of the same logic with Butterfree. Him being in the Decorola Islands is logical. I agree on that. On the other hand, I fail to see why Charizard's return didn't make sense. Yeah, it was convenient to have a Kanto fair in Unova, but it is convenient for Ash to visit the place where Butterfree is living. Or Ash being in the right place and the right time when Genesect attack New Tork City... and do you know why all these things happen? Because he is the damn main character. Convenient stuff happen all the time for plot purpouses. Seriously, I don't see Charizard's return case being any different from that.

But the difference is that not only did ash go to the kanto fair, but he also got super nostalgic and brought charizard all the way to kanto for no reason other than just bringing back for old times.

Lucas MV

But the difference is that not only did ash go to the kanto fair, but he also got super nostalgic and brought charizard all the way to kanto for no reason other than just bringing back for old times.

If you were in the same street where your old childhood friend is living, wouldn't you visit him/her? Yes. And the reason for that would be the same reason that Ash had to bring back Charizard.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
If you were in the same street where your old childhood friend is living, wouldn't you visit him/her? Yes. And the reason for that would be the same reason that Ash had to bring back Charizard.

He didnt also bring back either squirtle or bulbasaur.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

That's not a good analogy imo since said friend might not be home. Similarly, Ash could go to the islands where Butterfree is living, but not encounter him if Butterfree is off doing something else. I think it's too coincidental for Ash to reunite with Butterfree given how large the Pokemon world is. It's too convenient, which is why I still have my doubts that it's Ash's Butterfree; the lack of the yellow ribbon on this Butterfree adds to my doubts as that was Ash's Butterfree's most distinguishing feature since he left the cast.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
That's not a good analogy imo since said friend might not be home. Similarly, Ash could go to the islands where Butterfree is living, but not encounter him if Butterfree is off doing something else. I think it's too coincidental for Ash to reunite with Butterfree given how large the Pokemon world is. It's too convenient, which is why I still have my doubts that it's Ash's Butterfree; the lack of the yellow ribbon on this Butterfree adds to my doubts as that was Ash's Butterfree's most distinguishing feature since he left the cast.

Could have taken it off, on purpose or accident.

diakyu

It is a huge coincidence, but at least it has basis.

dman_dustin

I think it's too coincidental
The fictional world as well as the real world is built on coincidences. After all think why was it Harry Potter that was the protagonist of that series, why not Bob Monroe or something, why was it the potter family that was chosen.

Why was it Goku who primarily saved humanity from the evil threats, what makes his being better than some other similar species that dragonball may never have touched upon.

Why did Professor Oak catch a Pikachu for the sole purpose of it being given to Ash has his starter. Or why were Bulbsaur/Squirtle/Charmander chosen as starter Pokemon, etc, etc.

Why was it Randy Quaid's character that ended up finding a way to destroy the creatures when sacrificing himself in Independence Day.

the lack of the yellow ribbon on this Butterfree adds to my doubts as that was Ash's Butterfree's most distinguishing feature since he left the cast.

We've been over this. It's a single screenshot with little to no context.

There are many reason why Butterfree would not have that ribbon.

Just because something is given to you, even as a symbol of a distinguished feature does not mean said person has that object days/weeks/months/years later, when there are many reason for that not to be the case.

Besides the yellow ribbon was not part of Buttefree, it was a gift, a remembrance, and those things don't last for all eternity.

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

Explain why Ash looks sad when looking at Butterfree? At first glance it would mean Ash just misses his own Butterfree but it's a different story when that Butterfree also shares the same expression.

I'm just going to guess that the plot will involve them looking for the yellow scarf because it came off of Butterfree. It's not like they brought back Butterfree so it can participate in the Elite 4.XD

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Or maybe it's a hint that it isn't Ash's Butterfree? To quote an earlier post: "Ash isn't the only trainer in the world who owned a ;012;"

It is a huge coincidence, but at least it has basis.

Exactly what basis does it have? :confused:

Explain why Ash looks sad when looking at Butterfree? At first glance it would mean Ash just misses his own Butterfree but it's a different story when that Butterfree also shares the same expression.

I think it's the other way around; the Butterfree seems sad. Ash just looks surprised and/or slightly worried to me. That could easily be explained by Ash noticing that the Butterfree seems depressed and knowing him, he'd probably go out of his way to help it (from the Beedrill I'm assuming if they appear here).

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
It would be awesome to see Ash's Butterfree back.And if they bring the ugly bug,they might aswell bring Pidgeot too.

diakyu

Lucas MV

Or maybe it's a hint that it isn't Ash's Butterfree? To quote an earlier post: "Ash isn't the only trainer in the world who owned a ;012;"

...Where did I hear that before?... Oh yeah, with ;006; ... and look how it turned out... it seems like that argument is a bit inadequate.

Why would the Butterfree and Ash shot be in that specific part of the scan, alongisde Oshawott's broken shell episode, Cilan's tasting time with Purrloin and Roselia (which probably will be something important to his character), Ash and Iris fight episode, and Iris and Cilan departure at the end of DA!, which are the most important episodes of DA, if the Butterfree was just random? Answer: Because it's Ash's.

Plainly simple and plainly logical. Not much more to think about.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

...Where did I hear that before?... Oh yeah, with ;006; ... and look how it turned out... it seems like that argument is a bit inadequate.

I strongly agree, I don't understand anyone's poor logic.

"If something doesn't have something it had before it automatically means it's not the same character."

That's like arguing that if Ash doesn't have his hat on, it's not him.

Poor logic.

The yellow ribbon was not part of Butterfree's design, it was a GIFT, a FREAKING GIFT, if people cannot understand that, then they have no business arguing.

I'd buy the argument that Decolora Islands could not have been the place Ash's Butterfree went because the Decolora Islands were thought of many years after it's release, than the "yellow ribbon" argument based on a single screenshot, with little context.

Of course that argument can be easily countered by the fact we have no idea where Butterfree flew off, and just because a region was later created than the release doesn't mean it couldn't end up there. Each anime only location or game location that's created is obviously going to have retcon properties.

And I also have to question this following logic as well.

"Just because Ash has Pokemon X doesn't mean he's the only one who has that Pokemon (species)."

Sure but arguing that is like ignoring that Ash does have Pokemon X. So what if he isn't the only one with Pokemon X? He does have a Pokemon X.

Besides what purpose would it serve for Ash to "fraternize" with a Butterfree that isn't his. Why not Cilan? I can see Cilan helping out a Butterfree.

And no, I don't buy "Because Ash had a Butterfree, that's why he's helping this one" argument. How about we either focus on Ash's Pokemon he currently has OR we focus on the other characters who are getting booted off in a couple of months.

Not some pointless filler about a random non important Butterfree, and Ash helps it.

If it has to be about Ash and a Butterfree, it better because it's HIS Butterfree, or this episode could've been devoted to Scraggy/Palpitoad/Kingler/Tauros/Torterra/Gible/etc/etc/etc.

sandy ketchum

Maybe butterfree gave its scarf to one of its babies or the pink butterfree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.