• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E8 - Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! [FIRST POST 06/01]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
^Actually, um yeah. XD For all we know, they really can be that close to him. Its Pokemon after all.

But Butterfree only knew Ash for a couple of months before he was released. I think he cared more about the Pink Butterfree anyway since he was willing to leave with her despite only knowing her for like a day. I'm not saying that Ash's released Pokemon don't care about him; I just think Ash's Butterfree had different priorities.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
But Butterfree only knew Ash for a couple of months before he was released. I think he cared more about the Pink Butterfree anyway since he was willing to leave with her despite only knowing her for like a day. I'm not saying that Ash's released Pokemon don't care about him; I just think Ash's Butterfree had different priorities.

Ash helped Caterpie realise his dream of becoming a Butterfree and went through so much together in such a short space of time as well as helping him win over said mate, surely that counts for lot doesn't it?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Ash helped Caterpie realise his dream of becoming a Butterfree and went through so much together in such a short space of time as well as helping him win over said mate, surely that counts for lot doesn't it?

I'm watching the episode now and I'm not seeing what you just typed. If I remember Ash appologized to Metapod for abadoning it and then it threw itself to pretect Ash from Beedril and then it evolved. I don't think Ash care of it's dream of becoming a Butterfree back then. It was mostly all random stuff that had happened.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm watching the episode now and I'm not seeing what you just typed. If I remember Ash appologized to Metapod for abadoning it and then it threw itself to pretect Ash from Beedril and then it evolved. I don't think Ash care of it's dream of becoming a Butterfree back then. It was mostly all random stuff that had happened.

Yeah, but writing down that Butterfree cared more about it's mate is a whole different matter though. Lets just write it up to Biology.. :p

dman_dustin

Caterpie's dream was to fully evolve into Butterfree.

Even if Ash didn't know that, doesn't mean that Ash didn't help realize Caterpie's dream.

After all one could argue Ash was the unintentional trigger, but still the trigger nonetheless.

I think that whole episode plot was stupid anyway, Ash didn't abandon Metapod, it just was carried off by Beedrill, it's not like Ash had very many options to rescue Metapod, especially since it was Misty that forced him to retreat.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I think that whole episode plot was stupid anyway, Ash didn't abandon Metapod, it just was carried off by Beedrill, it's not like Ash had very many options to rescue Metapod, especially since it was Misty that forced him to retreat.
Ash could've done more, but something tells me that Ash would've wound up hurt/dead.
To be fair, Ash was inexperienced, and both Samari and Misty distracted him. Ash might have been negligent, but he was not grossly negligent; most people in that situation with Ash's level of experience would've done the same thing.

I notice something about the OP's screenshot: It's similar to the shot of Ash saying goodbye to Butterfree. That could be a coincidence, but it's still interesting.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'm sure Ash and Butterfree bonded just fine, but the fact that Butterfree left Ash so easily shows that he had other priorities. I actually think it's kind of messed up how Ash cried when Butterfree left and really seemed depressed while Butterfree just sort of went off with some Pokemon that he barely knew. The whole thing seemed one-sided to me, but if this Butterfree is Ash's then I at least hope that the situation gets clarified.

gabric

the more i look at the photo the more it reminds me of the scenes before butterfrees departure. im thinking that their is an episode with wild butterfree and ash gets nostalgic about his first poke but doesnt actually see it or if he does itll be after he starts remembering

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
the more i look at the photo the more it reminds me of the scenes before butterfrees departure. im thinking that their is an episode with wild butterfree and ash gets nostalgic about his first poke but doesnt actually see it or if he does itll be after he starts remembering

Yea, but him going up to that specific one with his face reaction and with that background doesn't really seem like just a random butterfree.

naughtynun

If Ash sees his old released Kanto Pokemon, that will outweigh all of the terrible mistakes of the series by far! I would LOVE that to be Ash's! It is like literally a childhood dream!

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I'm sure Ash and Butterfree bonded just fine, but the fact that Butterfree left Ash so easily shows that he had other priorities. I actually think it's kind of messed up how Ash cried when Butterfree left and really seemed depressed while Butterfree just sort of went off with some Pokemon that he barely knew. The whole thing seemed one-sided to me, but if this Butterfree is Ash's then I at least hope that the situation gets clarified.

What situation? Butterfree fell in love, that's the situation. There's not much more to it, and Butterfree also cried when it was flying away. It wasn't one sided at all, it was just Ash trying to help his Pokemon :p

LizardonX

Banned
If Ash sees his old released Kanto Pokemon, that will outweigh all of the terrible mistakes of the series by far! I would LOVE that to be Ash's! It is like literally a childhood dream!

I was duped by Charizard. I won't be looking forward to anything else in BW. It was bad enough having dawn and piplup screwed over but now we have Charizard get taken down by a couple of shadow balls and need bailout.

Last edited:

shac

I was duped by Charizard. I won't be looking forward to anything else in BW. It was bad enough having dawn and piplup screwed over but now we have Charizard get taken down by a couple of shadow balls and need bailout.

It wasn't a bail out, was it? I thought Ash recalled his pokemon so that Colress could not take over them.

diakyu

It wasn't a bail out, was it? I thought Ash recalled his pokemon so that Colress could not take over them.
I think he's referring to how Pignite had to protect him.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

That's it exactly, and that was long after Charizard got hit by the Shadow Balls, the multiple Shadow Balls from multiple Pokémon at the same time. It wasn't taken down, it was knocked back a bit but it didn't faint or anyhing

People are just looking for reasons to complain at the moment

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Unfortunately, isn't that what the internet is also for?

I don't care if this episode isn't too eventful, but I want flashbacks. Even if not much occurred. I would love it if Tears, After Cloudy Weather played during them.

fitzy909

Just another guy

Everyone is complaining about something. They are never satisfied with what they're given. I mean i want to see ash's buterfree return, but it isn't likely. I'm not to bothered either way. it will probably be like bw116, ash will see a buterfree and it will remind him of his. It might not happen, but that's what i expect to see.

Your view on things sicken me. Charizard was protecting N and Ash and was hit on by a barrage of shadowballs (especially the one coming from Golurk). He wasn't taken down, just knocked out a bit. Had Charizard been on the offensive things would have been different. I wish people stop complaining about everything and perhaps every millisecond of the anime.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Your view on things sicken me. Charizard was protecting N and Ash and was hit on by a barrage of shadowballs (especially the one coming from Golurk). He wasn't taken down, just knocked out a bit. Had Charizard been on the offensive things would have been different. I wish people stop complaining about everything and perhaps every millisecond of the anime.

Still, Charizard is seen as Ash's strongest pokemon. He has been hyped by the company, and then we get him getting a bit roughed up a bit, and furthermore, not doing much of anything we had expected of it. Come on, when you need Pignite to back up a pokemon that fought toe to toe with an Entei and Articuno, it means that something is wrong with this show.

We may complain, and I think that guy is legitimately upset. I'm too, but I've already subconsciously given up on Best Wishes ever since BW60 or so. So I really don't care as much anymore.

We were told/hyped up to believe that this would be an awesome comeback for Charizard, but so far, he hasn't done much to warrant the comeback that other pokemon couldn't achieve had they been properly developed and given screentime. So, with one, or perhaps two episodes left for Charizard's cameo, what are we supposed to expect? We've seen no footage of Charizard vs. Reshiram yet, so what IS going to happen???

If Charizard doesn't go head to head, then he had no reason to be here.

And you can be sickened by these views all day, but it's the truth. I feel let down by the hype, and if I feel let down, then I rather not had the hype, nor the thing that was hyped up to be so cool for some reason.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Locormus, that wasn't a real Entei.

Anyway, why are people surprised that Charizard hasn't really done anything important? Dawn and Piplup did squat.

Status
Not open for further replies.