• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E8 - Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! [FIRST POST 06/01]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Locormus, that wasn't a real Entei.

Anyway, why are people surprised that Charizard hasn't really done anything important? Dawn and Piplup did squat.

Charizard came back to be part of the team again because hes popular basicly, just like Piplup and Hikari came back because Piplup is popular.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Locormus, that wasn't a real Entei.

Anyway, why are people surprised that Charizard hasn't really done anything important? Dawn and Piplup did squat.

It wasn't a real Entei, but Brock said that the Illusion Pokemon were stronger than the authentic ones. So probably that Entei was stronger than an average Entei. And I guess that that makes things slightly worse.

Anyway, why are we talking about Charizard in the Butterfree thread? Shouldn't we talk about Charizard in the Climax thread?

---

Considering what is going on, I'm not sure I want to see Butterfree back. I jokingly said that the cameos of older Pokemon would end ruined... and strangely that seems what's happening.

If they want to bring back Butterfree, they'd better do something good to him. Otherwise, I don't want him back to be shafted for nothing.

Still, Charizard is seen as Ash's strongest pokemon. He has been hyped by the company, and then we get him getting a bit roughed up a bit, and furthermore, not doing much of anything we had expected of it. Come on, when you need Pignite to back up a pokemon that fought toe to toe with an Entei and Articuno, it means that something is wrong with this show.

We may complain, and I think that guy is legitimately upset. I'm too, but I've already subconsciously given up on Best Wishes ever since BW60 or so. So I really don't care as much anymore.

We were told/hyped up to believe that this would be an awesome comeback for Charizard, but so far, he hasn't done much to warrant the comeback that other pokemon couldn't achieve had they been properly developed and given screentime. So, with one, or perhaps two episodes left for Charizard's cameo, what are we supposed to expect? We've seen no footage of Charizard vs. Reshiram yet, so what IS going to happen???

If Charizard doesn't go head to head, then he had no reason to be here.

And you can be sickened by these views all day, but it's the truth. I feel let down by the hype, and if I feel let down, then I rather not had the hype, nor the thing that was hyped up to be so cool for some reason.

They simply wanted to do Pignite's Onii-san I'll save you moment! Charizard didn't do much, that much I'll admit, but this doesn't undo the fact he went toe on toe with entei and articuno. Charizard had to defend there and take the shadowballs.

I admit the lack of a Charizard solo battle is disappointing, but hey instead of complaining it, why not enjoy one of the best episodes in Best wishes?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
It wasn't a real Entei, but Brock said that the Illusion Pokemon were stronger than the authentic ones. So probably that Entei was stronger than an average Entei. And I guess that that makes things slightly worse.

Even if that's the case, it should be called something else to specify it wasn't a real Entei. Also I thought that people don't really count the movie events in the anime? So that fight with the Illusion Entei should be discarded from Charizard's anime power. Only Articuno should count.

-

But they're right, this is Butterfree's thread.

As for Butterfree I still hope it returns to Ash and it's not like the Lapras episode.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Caterpie's dream was to fully evolve into Butterfree.

I still don't see what this has to do with anything now. That was a long time ago.

Even if Ash didn't know that, doesn't mean that Ash didn't help realize Caterpie's dream.

Ash probably didn't know what the hell was wring with his pokemon back then. But I'm sure it wasn't Ash who helped Catepie realize if it was going to be a Butterfree(which it was going to be one way or the other) or not.

After all one could argue Ash was the unintentional trigger, but still the trigger nonetheless.

The trigger was the pokemon that attacked it. All Ash did was say a few words. And again what does this have to do with what's happening right now.

I think that whole episode plot was stupid anyway, Ash didn't abandon Metapod, it just was carried off by Beedrill, it's not like Ash had very many options to rescue Metapod, especially since it was Misty that forced him to retreat.

Actually it was Samurai who you need to bash on. He saw that Misty forced him to retreat out and still said that Ash was responsible for abandoning it. And then Ash went and beat himself up about the whole thing. It was stupid as well as alot of things back in OS. But I'm not going t okeep going in off topic details about it anymore. But thanks for your feedback.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What situation? Butterfree fell in love, that's the situation.

The Pink Butterfree was all like "leave your trainer and come with me, an absolute stranger," and Ash's Butterfree was like "okay." That's basically how the whole episode played out in my eyes. Ash's Butterfree was seduced by the Pink Butterfree and left Ash and there was absolutely no foreshadowing to the whole "breeding" thing in previous episodes. It was just tossed in as an excuse to get rid of Ash's Butterfree, which I find depressing. I don't usually complain about bad writing in Kanto, but this might be an example of that imo.

I hope I'm wrong though. I hope that if this is Ash's Butterfree, we get some revelations. I kind of hope that the Pink Butterfree was working for a poacher or something and was used to lure strong Butterfree away from their trainers. Maybe I'm reaching, but I really don't want Kanto to be tainted by bad writing. :x

LizardonX

Banned
I hope I'm wrong though. I hope that if this is Ash's Butterfree, we get some revelations. I kind of hope that the Pink Butterfree was working for a poacher or something and was used to lure strong Butterfree away from their trainers. Maybe I'm reaching, but I really don't want Kanto to be tainted by bad writing. :x

2 things.

1. I really doubt the writers really was going to put something in that deep.
2. Ritchie's existence was bad writing. People say Cameron was bad, but I was literally shouting at my TV when the episode for Ash losing Kanto aired. The fact that Ash actually cared about losing says much for the episode.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
2 things.

1. I really doubt the writers really was going to put something in that deep.
2. Ritchie's existence was bad writing. People say Cameron was bad, but I was literally shouting at my TV when the episode for Ash losing Kanto aired. The fact that Ash actually cared about losing says much for the episode.

Cameron is worse because not only did he literally come out of nowhere, bur they even go out of their way to specifically make him out to be terribly incompetent at a lot of times, and then giving a fairly OP team , minus swana, in relative to the other main anime characters. And the having his signature pokemon evolve right in being on the edge of losing to ash.

Last edited:

Lucas MV

Even if that's the case, it should be called something else to specify it wasn't a real Entei. Also I thought that people don't really count the movie events in the anime? So that fight with the Illusion Entei should be discarded from Charizard's anime power. Only Articuno should count.

-

But they're right, this is Butterfree's thread.

As for Butterfree I still hope it returns to Ash and it's not like the Lapras episode.

So that Mewtwo that appeared in the anime scaping from Giovanni was not movie's Mewtwo? And Pikachu and Ash have like 15 other clones of themself. Wow. That's news to me. /sarcasm.

The characters and pokemon on movies are still the same characters from the anime. So that was Ash's Charizard, the same Charizard that is on Ash's team now, and he fought an Entei, illusory and even stronger (it even had the field in its favor because of the Unown's help).

About Butterfree, I really hope it is Ash's. I still think it will be something like the Lapras episode in Johto, which I wouldn't dislike. But I would like it more if Butterfree would somehow be able to fight for Ash after that episode. Like Squirtle, Charizard (and maybe Gliscor).

Last edited:

diakyu

Cameron is worse because not only did he literally come out of nowhere, bur they even go out of their way to specifically make him out to be terribly incompetent at a lot of times, and then giving a fairly OP team , minus swana, in relative to the other main anime characters. And the having his signature pokemon evolve right in being on the edge of losing to ash.
Cameron really didn't come out of nowhere. We got to know him before the league. And his Team isn't OP. He is dumb, but he knows how to raise and train Pokemon.

WaterShuriken

So that Mewtwo that appeared in the anime scaping from Giovanni was not movie's Mewtwo? And Pikachu and Ash have like 15 other clones of themself. Wow. That's news to me. /sarcasm.

The characters and pokemon on movies are still the same characters from the anime. So that was Ash's Charizard, the same Charizard that is on Ash's team now, and he fought an Entei, illusory and even stronger (it even had the field in its favor because of the Unown's help)..

What a lame example. Obviously the first movie was canon to the anime due to the tv special. I'm not saying they aren't the same characters, it's just the events don't really matter. Like in the Victini movie, Pikachu beat Serperior and Oshawott beat Emboar yet he didn't know what those pokemon were when they showed up in the anime. So no one really counts Pikachu and Oshawott's movie wins when doing counts for the anime. It should be the same with Charizard. People only make an exception for the sole reason it's Charizard, which is dumb.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
On topic remarks, still don't think Butterfree is staying with Ash

What a lame example. Obviously the first movie was canon to the anime due to the tv special. I'm not saying they aren't the same characters, it's just the events don't really matter. Like in the Victini movie, Pikachu beat Serperior and Oshawott beat Emboar yet he didn't know what those pokemon were when they showed up in the anime. So no one really counts Pikachu and Oshawott's movie wins when doing counts for the anime. It should be the same with Charizard. People only make an exception for the sole reason it's Charizard, which is dumb.
It's the same for every anime/manga... when a character is well loved and even with all their flaws, a double stander is made just to make them seem like angels while another character suffers their wrath for doing the same thing ._. In Pokemon's case, Charizard is the savoir while Pikachu is the demon

diakyu

I don't expect Butterfree to stay. But I do want Butterfree to be able to be called upon like Charizard or Squirtle. But I do know that's unlikely.

Lucas MV

What a lame example. Of course no one counts Pikachu's win against Serperior and Oshawott's win against Emboar in that movie, but not because "movies are an completely alternate universe that shouldn't be count", but because VICTINI gave them the power to win. Even Scraggy beat an Hydreigon. So of course those won't count.

Besides, it's not like the pokemon couldn't do the same it did in the movie in the anime. It's the same pokemon after all. The power levels don't change that much.

On topic remarks, still don't think Butterfree is staying with Ash

It's the same for every anime/manga... when a character is well loved and even with all their flaws, a double stander is made just to make them seem like angels while another character suffers their wrath for doing the same thing ._. In Pokemon's case, Charizard is the savoir while Pikachu is the demon

Just because some people think Charizard is stronger than Pikachu, it doesn't mean they hate Pikachu. I like both Pikachu and Charizard. But I think Charizard is stronger, just like I think Pikachu is one of his strongest (with Snorlax, Sceptile and Infernape). It doesn't mean I hate Pikachu. Just like you thinking Pikachu is stronger than Charizard doesn't mean you hate Charizard.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
What a lame example. Of course no one counts Pikachu's win against Serperior and Oshawott's win against Emboar in that movie, but not because "movies are an completely alternate universe that shouldn't be count", but because VICTINI gave them the power to win. Even Scraggy beat an Hydreigon. So of course those won't count.

Besides, it's not like the pokemon couldn't do the same it did in the movie in the anime. It's the same pokemon after all. The power levels don't change that much.
Someone didn't watch the movie... Pikachu and Oshawott won with there own power ;P

Just because some people think Charizard is stronger than Pikachu, it doesn't mean they hate Pikachu. I like both Pikachu and Charizard. But I think Charizard is stronger, just like I think Pikachu is one of his strongest (with Snorlax, Sceptile and Infernape). It doesn't mean I hate Pikachu. Just like you thinking Pikachu is stronger than Charizard doesn't mean you hate Charizard.
While as much as I wanna say this is what I meant, it wasn't. I'm talking about the people here that hate that Ash uses Pikachu too often. Is it annoying, sure, but it's pointless to complain about it

Last edited:
What a lame example. Of course no one counts Pikachu's win against Serperior and Oshawott's win against Emboar in that movie, but not because "movies are an completely alternate universe that shouldn't be count", but because VICTINI gave them the power to win.

Both of those battles happened before Victini started powering up Ash's Pokemon. Victini only did that for Tepig vs. Samurott and Scraggy vs. Hydreigon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oshawott beat Emboar

Omg, why hadn't I heard about this sooner? Now I have a reason to actually watch the Victini movies. Brb, gonna go and watch my fave defeat a fully-evolved Pokemon.

Anyway, I've always thought that Butterfree's departure seemed really forced. Like what was the point anyway? Ash got a free slot on his team for Primeape, who was released like five episodes after he was caught and Ash didn't replace him; he wandered around Kanto after that with only five Pokemon. The writers really messed up and although I want that plot hole to disappear, I don't think bringing back Ash's Butterfree now would do the trick. It's just really late and I think the damage is done and can't be fixed.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Omg, why hadn't I heard about this sooner? Now I have a reason to actually watch the Victini movies. Brb, gonna go and watch my fave defeat a fully-evolved Pokemon.

Anyway, I've always thought that Butterfree's departure seemed really forced. Like what was the point anyway? Ash got a free slot on his team for Primeape, who was released like five episodes after he was caught and Ash didn't replace him; he wandered around Kanto after that with only five Pokemon. The writers really messed up and although I want that plot hole to disappear, I don't think bringing back Ash's Butterfree now would do the trick. It's just really late and I think the damage is done and can't be fixed.
He basically made that sixth slot a rotation pokemon. I don't think butterfree leaving was forced, but earlier than it needed to be.

WaterShuriken

Pikachu and Oshawott won with their power.
Tepig and Scraggy didn't.

[/QUOTE=]Besides, it's not like the pokemon couldn't do the same it did in the movie in the anime. It's the same pokemon after all. The power levels don't change that much.[/QUOTE]

Then it's funny how then Oshawott failed against all the fire types he faced but somehow could take down an Emboar. Also how Pikachu didn't have issues against that Seviper but needed DEM to beat Trip's.

That's all you got. Okay. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.