• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E8 - Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! [FIRST POST 06/01]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Butterfree! It's been ages since we last saw him. I wish he could rejoin Ash, or at least be called upon for battles from time to time. But I think the most likely thing is an episode where they meet again, and then another sad goodbye.

Well atleast now we all know that no one has completely abandoned it. I'm happy so that this can finally be at rest. Maybe give the jerks on youtube something to keep their mouths shut.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope Butterfree is returning. If he does they could eventually have Squirtle and Primeape return to the lab, and the other Pokemon Ash left behind like Larvitar

Canada

Banned
If that's Ash's Butterfree I wonder how it was able to take off that scarf by itself. You know, the one Ash's Butterfree was wearing when it left that this one isn't?

Also pretty convenient how it flew right to the area where Ash is atm.

yeah I don't think that's his

Blessed

16 years later and it's coming back, I can't at the gimmicks right now. Hope it continues with characters as well as it could be very beneficial for them.

Canada

Banned
16 years later and it's coming back, I can't at the gimmicks right now. Hope it continues with characters as well as it could be very beneficial for them.

That's not confirmed yet though, it could easily be another Butterfree.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
Where is his scarf?? The writers are obviously trolling us...like they did with the battle frontier opening!! and the other time Ash wanted to catch another caterpie!!

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
If that's Ash's Butterfree I wonder how it was able to take off that scarf by itself. You know, the one Ash's Butterfree was wearing when it left that this one isn't?

I don't think Butterfree just shows up where Ash is. I think Ash shows up where Butterfree now lives. It traveled over the ocean, right? It had to stop somewhere. I bet it lives on that island. ^^

Lucas MV

Right, pretty convenient? Like it was convenient for a Kanto fair to appear out of nowhere with just a Charmander that casually gets hurt and makes Ash remember his Charizard.

Yeah, the writers love to create convenient situation for things like this. Butterfrees can use psychic type moves, so he could taken the scarf off with that.

Besides, no reason for showing Ash with a sad face with a random Butterfree, because if it's not his, that wouldn't be important enough to be shown in the scan.

So yeah, it is Ash's Butterfree.

Canada

Banned
I don't think Butterfree just shows up where Ash is. I think Ash shows up where Butterfree now lives. It traveled over the ocean, right? It had to stop somewhere. I bet it lives on that island. ^^

Maybe.

So yeah, it is Ash's Butterfree.

Not confirmed, sorry. Also why would Ash be sad to see his own Butterfree?

Lucas MV

Please no, not again. I had enough with people saying Charizard wasn't Ash's before.

Butterfree and Ash are sad because they have to separate again. That's why Ash is indicating Butterfree with his hands to leave.

Besides, why would they show a picture of Ash with a Butterfree in the saga scan, if it weren't Ash's? It wouldn't be important enough it if were a random Butterfree.

Canada

Banned
Please no, not again. I had enough with people saying Charizard wasn't Ash's before.
Too bad~

Butterfree and Ash are sad because they have to separate again. That's why Ash is indicating Butterfree with his hands to leave.
That isn't confirmed though.

Besides, why would they show a picture of Ash with a Butterfree in the saga scan, if it weren't Ash's? It wouldn't be important enough it if were a random Butterfree.
Who says it wouldn't be important enough? There have been episodes where Ash has helped out random unimportant pokemon bofore. Not like it can't happen again.

nuzamaki90

Maybe.

Okay Butterfree has its own family by now
Has a girlfriend
Has a new home

So any person woul feel pretty crappy if they even thought about trying to take Butterfree from its happiness. Unless Butterfree joins Ash by choice, of course it would be sad for Ash to say goodbye to a friend he hasn't seen in years, or in anime terms, days.

Too bad~

That isn't confirmed though.

Who says it wouldn't be important enough? There have been episodes where Ash has helped out random unimportant pokemon bofore. Not like it can't happen again.

Look at the scan, Ash is seriously looking heartbroken as he looks at the Butterfree. That should just shout "REUNION". Plus, the Dekorola Archipelago is near Kanto, in the middle of the ocean, didn't Ash's Butterfree fly away with the others over the ocean into the sunset? I know it's not confirmed but just like with Charizard, it's pretty freaking obvious it's Ash's.

Last edited:

Lucas MV

T

I'm not saying it wouldn't be important enough to happen in the anime. I'm saying it wouldn't be important enough to be shown in the scan. The only way it could be that important is because it is Ash's. If you won't change your mind till you see the actual episode, please don't answer to me, I don't want to have this type of argument again. After all, I was right before and I'm right now.

Look at the scan, Ash is seriously looking heartbroken as he looks at the Butterfree. That should just shout "REUNION". Plus, the Dekorola Archipelago is near Kanto, in the middle of the ocean, didn't Ash's Butterfree fly away with the others over the ocean into the sunset? I know it's not confirmed but just like with Charizard, it's pretty freaking obvious it's Ash's.

Exactly!. Thank you, I see people still conserve some common sense.

Last edited:

diakyu

I think the writing is on the wall. It's Ash's. It can't NOT be. This is a very similar situation as when charizard was first shown.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I hope Butterfree is returning. If he does they could eventually have Squirtle and Primeape return to the lab, and the other Pokemon Ash left behind like Larvitar

Others like gliscor and primeap and squirtle yes...
But wasn't larvitar brought back to its mother?

If it is ash's butterfree I see it visiting briefly and then having to return to its family
Quick thought! Maybe its one of butterfrees children! Hahaha
On a serious note, I can't see it staying on ash's team like charizard has done
I mean of course its a fan demand for it to return
But ash all ready has 2 from his original kanto team, I mean having half would be a bit much? Along with the 3 starters.....

______

As if said before
I think it will be a flash back, butter free will simply get a cameo
Maybe ash is remembering his first caught pokemon or his released pokemon

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I'm not going to dismiss the possibility that this is just from a flashback scene, reanimated like the ones in Charizard's return episode. Ash could be reminiscing about pokemon he's had to let go in the past as part of the episode where Oshawott possibly leaves. It's nice fanservice either way, but no guarantee of Butterfree coming back permanently or temporarily. If Butterfree DOES come back, surely they've got to be building to something here. First Charizard and now possibly another Kanto original... I wonder if maybe Ash will compete in the Indigo League again at the end of the Best Wishes saga, primarily using all his old Kanto pokemon. It might sound like a longshot, but I can see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.