• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E8 - Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! [FIRST POST 06/01]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I swear my pants blew up when I saw Butterfree with Ash again

Probably because you guys don't know how much I loved Ash's Butterfree as a child, I thought he made the whole Butterfree species badass.

First Charizard, then Clair, now Butterfree? ZOMG PLEASE LET LAPRAS BE NEXT!

I still remember being so angry when Butterfree left, never to be seen again. :( But I am very happy he will finally appear (most likely) again. Somehow, I see Ash looking up at the sky, seeing something flying rapidly towards him, and just when he sees what it is, Butterfree crashes into his head, knocking them both out (to wake up later, happily hugging). That's unlikely to happen, but still.

Also, before Lapras, I wanna see poor Primape. D:

BlueDragonfangirl

YAY!! Lets bring back all of Ash's old Pokemon that left him!! Butterfree was one of my favorites among them, just awesome! I'm loving all these. And they are going to Kanto than? Man, I can't wait.

RealRaymon

Good series at last!
Butterfree will return!) We'll see it again! So many time has passed. I was a kid when Butterfree left, and so many time has passed. I am 20 now, and finally! FINALLY:)

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Weird. That scan page didn't show the scarf it had..

Why is Claire in the background?

sandy ketchum

if its really ashs butterfree i am gonna be so happy lol. its almost 700+ episodes since it left. it didnt last long in his team either. this should be interesting and butterfree has baby caterpies XD.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yea squirtle was there too, right next to bulbasaur, although it being there at least seems more reasonable.

Not more logical then Charizard being at Oak's lab. Definite retcon shift concerning the 'training'-paradigm. At first we always thought it was everlasting, and Ash sometimes calls upon them. This retcon shift, with Charizard being the proof at this point, and the opening being a secondary implication, we can deduce that 'training' doesn't last for ever, and that the 'intraining'-pokemon have been returned to Oak.

I just can't see it any other way. Perhaps Primeape was included at Oak's ranch because the target audience would be seeing the capture in BWn8, but would likely have never seen the 'intrainingment' of Primeape. And hence the writers thought: "oh what the heck, might as well retcon it and put all of the 'trainees' back at Oak.

I'm going to guess Butterfree is living in an island, something happens and Satoshi helps Butterfree and his family/friends and we get a sad goodbye at the end again,, well atleast Satoshi will know where his Butterfree is.

Also I forgot how cute Butterfree is :D.

Sounds like a good scenario, I'm expecting Beedrill to be the badguy here.

I swear my pants blew up when I saw Butterfree with Ash again

Probably because you guys don't know how much I loved Ash's Butterfree as a child, I thought he made the whole Butterfree species badass.

First Charizard, then Clair, now Butterfree? ZOMG PLEASE LET LAPRAS BE NEXT!

This is the most raunchy, nasty response I've ever read. I'm throroughly repulsed by it.

I think it is far more likely to expect: Charizard, Butterfree (June), Clair (taking Iris with her in September). And Lapras perhaps somewhere in the middle.

I still remember being so angry when Butterfree left, never to be seen again. :( But I am very happy he will finally appear (most likely) again. Somehow, I see Ash looking up at the sky, seeing something flying rapidly towards him, and just when he sees what it is, Butterfree crashes into his head, knocking them both out (to wake up later, happily hugging). That's unlikely to happen, but still.

Also, before Lapras, I wanna see poor Primape. D:

I think we'll just see Primeape at the lab, there's no reason for it not to be there considering Charizard was.

YAY!! Lets bring back all of Ash's old Pokemon that left him!! Butterfree was one of my favorites among them, just awesome! I'm loving all these. And they are going to Kanto than? Man, I can't wait.

It's a bit too much for me really. Charizard coming from Oak's lab must have meant the retcon of Primeape, Squirtle and Gliscor as well. Which means we'll only have issues with Pidgeot, Lapras and Butterfree. We know where Pidgeot is, we will now know where Butterfree is, the only one we don't really know is Lapras as he drifts over the oceans between OI, Kanto and Johto. If we find Lapras in this arc as well, then it will likely be in a set place from there on out. From this point on, these three released pokemon could be called up again, just like Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor were. It's just too much of a backwards development.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Part of me is excited and feeling nostaligic about its return, however another part of me is thinking that having Butterfree reappear kinda takes away the beauty of Ash releasing it in the episode. For me, Butterfree was all about letting go of someone you deeply care about in order for them to have a better life, and its goodbye scenes always felt so emotional knowing we wouldn't be seeing it again.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Oh good. So maybe now people can shut up about people hating Ash because Butterfree was never to be shown again. I'm glad that's takened care of. How about they just get all of the Kanto pokemon out of the way, that way people don't have to say they never saw them again?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Part of me is excited and feeling nostaligic about its return, however another part of me is thinking that having Butterfree reappear kinda takes away the beauty of Ash releasing it in the episode. For me, Butterfree was all about letting go of someone you deeply care about in order for them to have a better life, and its goodbye scenes always felt so emotional knowing we wouldn't be seeing it again.

True, and probably when Ash says goodbye to it again in this episode it probably won't be done as well. Reminds me of when Lapras appeared again at the end of Johto.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Someone showed off this picture on another thread (Cilan and Iris farewell I guess), so, is it confirmed ?
I hope this time Butterfree has learn many impressive moves instead of what he had in the past.

- Silver Wind
- Quiver Dance
- Acrobatics/Aerial Ace/Gust
- Confusion/Psybeam/Psychic

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
@Locormus
True. If we do see it in the lab, I hope it gets some needed attention, and not just being in the background or something. ^^ (I also wanna see it steal Ash's hat again)

Bluelatios*

My reaction to the poster showing Butterfree went something like this; "HUH? BUTTER....BUTTERFREE!? OMGZOMGASDFGHJKL YES YES YES!!! :D :D :D ok ok I'm good, I'm cool... ohhh yeeeeeeeah." So in a rare moment my inner fanboy got to breath some fresh air from the surface. I mean, there was Charizard and that mananged to make me grin, but then Butterfree just unleashed me :p. No these nostalgic moments won't "fix" certain other things, but I'm starting to think they're definitely on the right track.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Not more logical then Charizard being at Oak's lab. Definite retcon shift concerning the 'training'-paradigm. At first we always thought it was everlasting, and Ash sometimes calls upon them. This retcon shift, with Charizard being the proof at this point, and the opening being a secondary implication, we can deduce that 'training' doesn't last for ever, and that the 'intraining'-pokemon have been returned to Oak.

I just can't see it any other way. Perhaps Primeape was included at Oak's ranch because the target audience would be seeing the capture in BWn8, but would likely have never seen the 'intrainingment' of Primeape. And hence the writers thought: "oh what the heck, might as well retcon it and put all of the 'trainees' back at Oak.

Sounds like a good scenario, I'm expecting Beedrill to be the badguy here.

This is the most raunchy, nasty response I've ever read. I'm throroughly repulsed by it.

I think it is far more likely to expect: Charizard, Butterfree (June), Clair (taking Iris with her in September). And Lapras perhaps somewhere in the middle.

I think we'll just see Primeape at the lab, there's no reason for it not to be there considering Charizard was.

It's a bit too much for me really. Charizard coming from Oak's lab must have meant the retcon of Primeape, Squirtle and Gliscor as well. Which means we'll only have issues with Pidgeot, Lapras and Butterfree. We know where Pidgeot is, we will now know where Butterfree is, the only one we don't really know is Lapras as he drifts over the oceans between OI, Kanto and Johto. If we find Lapras in this arc as well, then it will likely be in a set place from there on out. From this point on, these three released pokemon could be called up again, just like Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor were. It's just too much of a backwards development.

Charizard still came from the Charicific Valley to Oak's lab and Oak transferred Charizard to Ash. There was no retcon. Why are people going on about a retcon again?

I really hope it's Ash's Butterfree! A Butterfree VS Beedrill episode would be awesome! I'm surprised about Clair too

Lucas MV

Butterfree! It's been ages since we last saw him. I wish he could rejoin Ash, or at least be called upon for battles from time to time. But I think the most likely thing is an episode where they meet again, and then another sad goodbye.

Haunter ゴースト

So Ash's Butterfree could potentially re-appear in person.

This will mark a lot of things in the anime and for the future considering it'll be the longest departure and return. Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.