• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E8 - Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! [FIRST POST 06/01]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I think it would be a really good idea if Butterfree returned and Ash to catch him again. Also I would love it if Ash got Pidgeot and Primeape back.

Wasn't it show that Primape was back? Or was I seeing things back then?

Lucas MV

>So the episode takes place on Migration Island
>Butterfree left to migrate and mate with Pink Butterfree and all the others
>An official picture shows Ash and Butterfree interacting sadly
>Ash reminisces about his first captured Pokemon
>If Caterpie inhabit this island, this episode will be just like Charizars's episode.

> People still think its not Ash's Butterfree and that it won't appear

This... SO ****ING TRUE!
I'm actually surprised by how hard is to convince people here. People ask for official confirmation. Even when we have tons of hints, they won't accept it till the thing has already happened. And I'm not talking of Butterfree only, Charizard's case was the exact same thing, and it's the same with other things. Like some people doubting if Clair will own the shiny Druddigon (when they are together in the opening).

It's amazing how this people can believe that there is an invisible man in the sky that created us and all the things in existence, that it can see everything everyone is doing all the time and can do absolutely everything. And all this without a single real proof.
Yeah... but if someone says to those people that the paint is fresh, they'll have to touch it to believe it (it applies to pokemon too xD).

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Charizard also returned in any flashback episode for him.

And I'm referring to the fact Butterfree's "return" was shown in a magazine over 2 months ago.

Again, show me anywhere a simple flashback episode was shown in a magazine months prior to the episode, and showcased alongside text and pictures of major characters leaving the show.

I dare you.

What on earth? It was only advertised because all the episodes of this filler saga were on that poster advertising this arc. Its nothing special.

I love how your're ignoring that Dawn was on the BW2 poster and we knew May was appearing in DP a few months before they appeared too. How is this new?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
>So the episode takes place on Migration Island
>Butterfree left to migrate and mate with Pink Butterfree and all the others
>An official picture shows Ash and Butterfree interacting sadly
>Ash reminisces about his first captured Pokemon
>If Caterpie inhabit this island, this episode will be just like Charizars's episode.

> People still think its not Ash's Butterfree and that it won't appear

I have no idea why that image of Ash and Butterfree is being used as hard evidence. It doesn't even show Ash "interacting sadly" with Butterfree imo; it just shows Ash standing there looking mildly surprised and the Butterfree is the one who looks sad. It's just one image and I don't think it conveys anything important at the moment. Everything else is spot on though. I'm beginning to see the connections, although I still think it's way too convenient for Ash to stumble upon the island where his Butterfree ended up. I mean there's bound to be hundreds of thousands of islands and Ash just happens to arrive at the right one? It's unbelievable, but apparently we're supposed to play along. :p

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
It's unbelievable

Really? Have we been watching the same show? Compared to other things this is not the most Farfetch'd

Lucas MV

^ yeah plus in the ep that Butterfree left, Brock said they fly over the ocean to lay there eggs. We saw a span of water with land on the other side. The other side is Unova? That's very far-farched since it was way back in 1998.

First: It doesn't matter, it wasn't Unova back then, but it can be right now. And it wouldn't be Unova, it'd be Decorola Archipelago.
Second: Mewtwo appearing in the next movie and the last time we saw him he was in a big city from a far away region, does that say something to you?

I have no idea why that image of Ash and Butterfree is being used as hard evidence. It doesn't even show Ash "interacting sadly" with Butterfree imo; it just shows Ash standing there looking mildly surprised and the Butterfree is the one who looks sad. It's just one image and I don't think it conveys anything important at the moment. Everything else is spot on though. I'm beginning to see the connections, although I still think it's way too convenient for Ash to stumble upon the island where his Butterfree ended up. I mean there's bound to be hundreds of thousands of islands and Ash just happens to arrive at the right one? It's unbelievable, but apparently we're supposed to play along. :p

I have no idea why you can't see the expressions in Ash and Butterfree faces like every other human being here has done. And that " way too convenient" argument isn't valid. Why? Because the whole thing was imagined by the person who wrote this episode. So it's not like that big coincidence it's happening in real life. Convenient things happen all the time in anime and series for plot-purpouses. Specially in something like Pokemon that doesn't use logic that much. Why is this any different from Ash arriving to Oshawott's Island (that served a plot purpouse) instead of Tepig's Island (which would've been useless because Tepig already evolved) ?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
^ yeah plus in the ep that Butterfree left, Brock said they fly over the ocean to lay there eggs. We saw a span of water with land on the other side. The other side is Unova? That's very far-farched since it was way back in 1998.

You act as if every part of the Pokemon world was created back in Gen 1. Just because we don't know about something in a game,show or book at first does not mean it doesn't exist. Nobody knew Naruto's dad was the 4th Hokage in Naruto but that did not change the fact he was

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Ash needs to stop "reminiscing" about his old Pokemon and kidnapping them. He has a team that he should train before they're dropped off for 3 years.

I'm glad that the Butterfree identity is confirmed, thought the title already hints that they'll leave each other again.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Ash needs to stop "reminiscing" about his old Pokemon and kidnapping them. He has a team that he should train before they're dropped off for 3 years.
I agree so much with this, though unlike Charizard we haven't seen Butterfree in forever and it's not like he's rejoining the team anyway.

Grei

not the color
I'm not sure if it's Ash's, but the fact that the one picture of it that we have is almost identical to one in the infamous final scene in Bye, Bye, Butterfree makes it pretty obvious that it is.

It's pretty hilarious to see the forum in such an uproar about this, though. People like Ciccone arguing incessantly to convince people that it isn't Ash's Butterfree is clearly a result of either some personal insecurity or some personal dream that this is a wild Butterfree.

EDIT: Oh, it actually is Ash's Butterfree. What a surprise!

Zariful

Sweet !

I loved Butterfree.
Please rejoin the team . I know it's not likely but IDC. I love him

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

Mildly surprised? Are you on crystal meth Kira?????

diakyu

Please rejoin the team . I know it's not likely but IDC. I love him
The only outcome I can see happening that involves Butterfree coming back in the future is that Ash knows where Butterfree now lives and can call on him at anytime. But this probably a one time thing like lapras.

fitzy909

Just another guy
The only outcome I can see happening that involves Butterfree coming back in the future is that Ash knows where Butterfree now lives and can call on him at anytime. But this probably a one time thing like lapras.

probably. he is just going to see his old friend again. it seems to be a recurring theme in the anime recently. i like buterfree and it's good to see some of ash's old pokemon again.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Butterfree isn't rejoining the team. It has a family and its like Lapras' return in Johto.

This gen is ending soon, there's not even any point of old pokemon returning now.

I wonder.

If this episode just features flashbacks instead of actual butterfree reappearing. The flashbacks get Ash wanting to meet Butterfree again so later on when he learns of Jarachi, he wishes to see butterfree again

Status
Not open for further replies.