• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E8 - Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! [FIRST POST 06/01]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

I don't think anyone is worried. I've been waiting for any and all troll moments from this show since the league ending. So I won't be surprised on what happens here.

Maybe worried was the wrong word, but people do seem to be disappointed:

Well Sushi translation makes it more and more like we won't see his Butterfree

So Ash's Butterfree probably isn't even going to appear?

I got too excited for this one.

Well, I guess it was better to not get my hopes raised high.

--

Yeah, all of the writers trolling has been to be expected all throughout BW really.

The League was the worst time, but all throughout they've caused us to believe these amazing events would happen when nothing at all like it happens.

Maybe worried was the wrong word, but people do seem to be disappointed:

--

Yeah, all of the writers trolling has been to be expected all throughout BW really.

The League was the worst time, but all throughout they've caused us to believe these amazing events would happen when nothing at all like it happens.

The word trolling reminds me of fer92's long post on how the writers are being casual this arc and making troll moves all the way.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Maybe worried was the wrong word, but people do seem to be disappointed

The writers didn't make the poster Haunter, I don't see how this can be blamed on them.

Haunter ゴースト

The writers didn't make the poster Haunter, I don't see how this can be blamed on them.

Ah no, I mean with everything.

Advertisements, trailers, posters... even storyline hints in the actual show which never seem to amount to anything. So many things have been featured in Best Wishes, but a tonne of them have looked incredible only to turn out that they've been executed properly.

Movie 16 is a different department (Anime =/= Movie) but i'm still on guard for it, Mewtwo returning is great, but so far things have made me weary. The voice for example is definitely a worry.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Even if Ash's Butterfree doesn't make an appearance, it is still nice to see Ash in total fangirl mode with this Caterpie.

JoaquinLorie

After reading the translation, there are two possibilities: Either the caterpie during the episode evolves twice and joins its swarm, or it joins Ash since he is just lazy and goes on his own pace and is bonding with Ash.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
We don't know if Butterfree will appear, we don't know if it won't appear. You guys are jumping to conclusions. I don't think Butterfree is gonna appear but acting like it's confirmed is silly.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If Butterfree doesn't appear now it likely never will. They're not going to make another Butterfree episode anytime soon especially with a new gen in October.

We don't know if Butterfree will appear, we don't know if it won't appear. You guys are jumping to conclusions. I don't think Butterfree is gonna appear but acting like it's confirmed is silly.

I would agree but the title says "Until the day we meet again" which implies this will just bring back memories for Ash.

If Butterfree doesn't appear now it likely never will. They're not going to make another Butterfree episode anytime soon especially with a new gen in October.

Well the writers have thrown us a bone here so it will happen someday. Maybe in a future movie?

Matsuyamakun

I think Ash will dream and see his Butterfree.Because he is sleeping with wild Caterpie.(Third picture).Then Ash helps and evolves that Caterpie.
I still hope Ash sees his Butterfree at the end of episode, but we can't see pink Butterfree either.

JoaquinLorie

I think that it is foreshadowing the future return of Butterfree, but in another episode! Dont think it will be anytime soon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Not in my memory! Obviously another retcon waiting to happen. Go ahead Best Wishes, butcher the OS again! I'll forget it ever happened anyway.. >.>

I hated the Charizard episode. I dislike editing existing footage to fit newer styles. It really gets me out of my mood. Opposed to Charizard, Butterfree doesn't have that many notable flashback moments that we haven't seen flashbacked twice already:
- Capture
- Vs Pidgeotto, and lets hope they get the colors right this time!
- Vs Team Rocket/Evolving
- Vs Samurai/Evolving
- Vs Misty
- Being traded away for a Raticate
- Leaving with Pinky

You should. I see's no point in this episode if Butterfree doesn't show up.

Yes, but Butterfree isn't easily retconned to be at Oak's lab now is he?

Oh my god -_-....how many freaking times are you gonna ignore us when we tell you Charizard was at the valley -_-.....

Oh my god -_-....how many freaking times are you gonna ignore us when we tell you Charizard was at the valley -_-.....

This is what happens when you watch Japanese episodes without knowing Japanese. The other day someone else was talking about a plothole lol. (But hey I think the translations for the Charizard ep are ready).

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Would be even better. Ash would be a grandpa playing with the little one.

Then at the end of the episode, Daddy Butterfree comes and sees Ash help fully evolve his son/daughter in a happy reunion, but then another sad departure but with a hope of new adventure, and a foreshadowing of another reunion /endfanfic

Matsuyamakun

Then at the end of the episode, Daddy Butterfree comes and sees Ash help fully evolve his son/daughter in a happy reunion, but then another sad departure but with a hope of new adventure, and a foreshadowing of another reunion /endfanfic

If this happens it will be one of the best Pokemon episodes for sure!

jh941

At least Butterfree will be mentioned, will probably only be a few flashbacks as it didn't get to do a great deal, probably its capture, both evolutions, its release, and possibly battling against TRio or Misty.

I could see it appearing at the end, like the group say goodbye, they leave the island and then there is like a 10 second bit at the end showing that Butterfree was there or something, although I have a feeling they will meet again some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.