• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E8 - Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! [FIRST POST 06/01]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
I can't say enough how much I'm looking forward to this episode...seeing butterfree again, I think I'm gonna cry when I see the pics ^^

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Why can't Ash keep this Butterfree? First this and then Dunsparce a week later. The writers like to troll me.

I wonder how Metapod evolves. Rematch with Ursaring maybe or vs TR? Or maybe just randomly after training/bonding with Ash

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
You can't say that for sure. Likely yes, sure not.

Why not? We got Misty and Brock flashbacks without them appearing physically. The same may happen here, especially if they give the main focus to Ash and Caterpie. And honestly, I will be quite mad if they don't show the part where Caterpie evolves in its entirety:

[spoil][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/003/EP3336.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/003/EP3339.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/003/EP3346.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/003/EP3348.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/003/EP3358.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/003/EP3359.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/003/EP3360.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/003/EP3371.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/003/EP3374.jpg[/IMG139][/spoil]

A chance to see Ekans and Koffing and Misty once more? Heck, yes!

Good lord they better not dare to touch their hands on those scenes! I don't want to see Ash's Caterpie evolving in a shiny blue light with red eyes, the String Shot evolution was unique and shouldn't be changed. After watching the preview, I'm sure that I don't ever want to see these scenes remade. But apparently, Ash's Butterfree isn't even appearing in the flesh.

Preview
- Multiple Butterfee flying in the sky.
- Ash playing with Caterpie.
- Caterpie fights Ursaring using String Shot and evolves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HINSXk9z7OM

Wow.. If this is it, then I'm not even going to watch it. It's definitely just Ash 'reliving' his first capture with this wild Caterpie, that doesn't have half the personality that Ash's first capture had. Yet again fallen victim to misleading Best Wishes-titles/episodes.

Episode starts:
- Group arrives on Migration Island
- Ash spots a Caterpie, remembers his own.
- Apparently, this Caterpie has missed the Butterfree/evolution-spree.
- Ash wants to help Caterpie evolve, but it keeps on falling asleep..
- Through circumstances, it manages to evolve twice.
- Butterfree leaves to be with the rest of the Butterfree.
- End of episode.

Really, I don't even want to see this episode anymore.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
...Oh boy, the art & animation look absolutely horrifying in this episode.

Kinda looking forward to this episode. I didn't find Ash's Butterfree that spectacular after evolution and OS021 I mostly love for nostalgia reasons, so I don't think anything about the content of this story will "offend" me (except if it's a mindless rehash instead of an homage). I like cute episodes, and cuteness definitely seems to be featured here if only it wasn't for the horrid art style.... It's also always great to see Ash taking care of and being emotionally invested in a Pokémon, so that's something I'm excited for.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Probably through bonding with Ash, which is ironic as it took 51 episodes for Swadloon to do the same.

It isn't ironic. If something's ironic, I can at least laugh at it. It's just another showcase how the writers can't handle Ash this series.

Well, this went fr.bring the most anticipated episode, to maybe one of the least.

Can't agree more. I'm starting to think that 'Butterfree' in the title isn't even referring to the old Butterfree. It seems as if Da is rehashing plot/thematical elements from all memorable OS-episodes and giving them lackluster endings.
- Zoroark: Island of Giant Pokemon - But with none of the plot (groups intermingling to find their friends again) or themes (pokideology) that made the episode stand out.
- Croconaw: Squirtle Squad
- Butterfree: Butterfree-rehash
- Jirachi: Ghost of Maiden Peak? Would probably give the Jirachi-episode too much credit anyway.
- You tell me..

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It isn't ironic. If something's ironic, I can at least laugh at it. It's just another showcase how the writers can't handle Ash this series.

Can't agree more. I'm starting to think that 'Butterfree' in the title isn't even referring to the old Butterfree. It seems as if Da is rehashing plot/thematical elements from all memorable OS-episodes and giving them lackluster endings.
- Zoroark: Island of Giant Pokemon - But with none of the plot (groups intermingling to find their friends again) or themes (pokideology) that made the episode stand out.
- Croconaw: Squirtle Squad
- Butterfree: Butterfree-rehash
- Jirachi: Ghost of Maiden Peak? Would probably give the Jirachi-episode too much credit anyway.
- You tell me..

Honyemitsu, a combination of forest grumps, scare in the air, and any episode with beedrill.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
What absolutely terrible, off-model art.

Aside from that, I love the preview. The Butterfree and Caterpie are both really adorable, I like the species a lot itself so that probably helps. Caterpie looks full of personality, not an incompetent and low confidence-having one like Satoshi's but a big eater and lazy kind of kid and a bit hyper. It looks like a really cute episodes, I'm eagerly looking forward to it.

Haunter ゴースト

This episode looks great.

The animation looks fine, and I fail to see how the plot is rehash anymore. Ash is purposely training the Caterpie so that it can evolve and migrate with the other Butterfree.

If it was a rehash, Ash would simply have wanted to catch the Caterpie, let it evolve on it's own accord over the space of two episodes and eventually have it fall in love 15 episodes down the line.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
A rehash doesn't have to literally be the exact same things happening. Obvious he wasn't going to catch another butterfree and happen to release 15 episodes later. It's a rehash because ash bonds with a caterpie, and it evolves into a metapod by stringshoting a threatening bigger pokemon. Then it will evolve into its aspiring butterfree form and it will have an emotional leave of ash, which is that original shot we saw.

Haunter ゴースト

A rehash doesn't have to literally be the exact same things happening. Obvious he wasn't going to catch another butterfree and happen to release 15 episodes later. It's a rehash because ash bonds with a caterpie, and it evolves into a metapod by stringshoting a threatening bigger pokemon. Then it will evolve into its aspiring butterfree form and it will have an emotional leave of ash, which is that original shot we saw.

So any similarities to an episode count as a rehash?

Ash, Iris and Cilan walk in every single BW episode, I can't believe the writers are so ridiculous enough to rehash that, they should ride bikes instead.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Ash, Iris and Cilan walk in every single BW episode, I can't believe the writers are so ridiculous enough to rehash that, they should ride bikes instead.

Wow, way to be that guy. If there are sequential events very similar or even nearly resemble events of a previous episode in a blatant manner, that is rehashing. Things like in honeymitsu, TRio acting as dake ticket venders trying to get the gang to on a boat. In scare in the air they did exact same, but for a blimp. Or the obvious tepig being abandoned by its former cruel trainer, like chimchar and charmander. They have rehashed so much over. The years, but it doesn't automatically make it a bad thing.

Last edited:

Anima

So what? The vast majority of the anime's plots aren't remotely focused on their chosen mode of transportation. It's just a detail.

An episode's entire plot-line though? That's important, and when they are replicating old plots, even if the minor details and pacing are changed to accommodate a single episode plot, that's a rehash. If they were even trying to not make this look like a rehash, they wouldn't have used the Caterpie line in the first place.

Haunter ゴースト

Wow, way to be that guy. If there are sequential events very similar or even nearly resemble events of a previous episode in a blatant manner, that is rehashing. Things like in honeymitsu, TRio acting as dake ticket venders trying to get the gang to on a boat. In scare in the air they did exact same, but for a blimp.

Ridiculous.

The whole plot of this episode is the fact that Ash see's Caterpie and Butterfree, and hypes over his old Butterfree. Because of this, he wants to help this new Caterpie evolve so it can go and migrate with the other Butterfree which they are known to do. From the summaries and previews, we see that Ash tries to train Caterpie but it is too lazy, until it ends up fighting an Ursaring. It wins and evolves. It somehow evolves again although i'm not sure how and then it goes off to migrate as planned.

The whole plot of Ash's Butterfree episodes back then was that Ash wanted to catch his first Pokemon which he did. His Caterpie evolved, after defeating Team Rocket. An episode later, Metapod fights a trainer but winds up being caught by a swarm of Beedrill. Ash saves Metapod and it evolves into Butterfree. Roughly 16 episodes pass and Butterfree falls in love, so to be with it's loved one it goes and migrates with the rest.

TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PLOTS.

This is not a rehash at all.

If this isn't the case as you apperently pointed out, I suppose Team Rocket's many appearances where they blast off are rehash's too. So that's 500+ episodes down the drain.

If they were even trying to not make this look like a rehash, they wouldn't have used the Caterpie line in the first place.

You realize the plot of this episode is heavily based on Ash's love for his old Butterfree. Why would they make a reference episode if it showcased any other line of Pokemon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.