• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E9 - Ash and Iris Break It Off!? Highway to Separation!! [FIRST POST 05/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
If this Dunsparce has an interesting moveset I think it could be caught later on. Animators don't usually like spending money making unique move animations for pokemon if they can't reuse them later.
The animators don't want to make moves that can't be stocked. They could do unique move animations to the main cast pokemon if 1) they can stock it and 2) if they planned to use once/twice/thrice.

There are a lot of stocked animation in Best Wishes. More than other saga, specially DP (I watched a Gym battle episode from DP and there aren't so much stock animation).

Saying things like the animators are cheap about spending money making innovative designs and animation for moves because of your annoyance with some moves be overused doesn't make making false claims okay. It only spreads more misinformation around.
@Doryuzu, I wonder if you didn't notice that the design are stocked again because you love the animation.

Either way there is some truth to that as everything costs money. If a company can save a bit of money, they will. .
True.

Going by your logic in your original post that means the writers didn't like spending money on Emonga's Volt Change, Kibago's Outrage and Giga Impact, Eevee's Trump Card et cetera.
All of these attacks has played once or has played very few times in the series. The problem resides when they are used frequently through various episodes.

I think it's fair to mention here that about 90% of all footage of Jessie's Woobat is recycled or stock footage. Some of its appearances are completely comprised of recycled footage, from Jessie sending it out to it using a move (usually Air Slash, which uses the same animation 95% or more of the time) to the last time it's seen.

Thanks for giving a example of an attack that is stocked a lot.

Note: I don't think that stocked animation are bad at all. And sometimes is necessary to not sent more money into the episode. However, in Decolora I noticed that some pokemon are getting new animations of old attacks from time of time.

However, I don't see any big problem in stoack animation that causes the not capturing Dunsparce. It's more, I'ma abit optimistic because Dunsparce is voiced Iris' Excadrill/Paul VA and not an one time VA.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
fer92 thanks for responding to Doryuzu, now I don't have to make a large post. Although I will say that Emolga's Volt Change, Axew's Outrage and Giga Impact, and Eevee's Trump Card are all moves used by Pokémon belonging to important characters. Even then, Emolga hasn't used Volt Switch since BWS1, Axew only used Outrage once and Giga Impact like twice, and we only saw Eevee use Tump Card once. Most wild Pokémon usually get generic looking moves or moves that are easily animated in.

For Dunsparce we've seen Screech so that does give me some hope of it having a unique moveset. I would love it to have Screech, Drill Run, Ancient Power, Ice Beam/Charge Beam.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I'm crossing my fingers for a capture here, but I'm gonna be realistic and comprehend that we likely aren't getting anything

Yeah, it feels like whenever a capture is involved it is nothing more than a plot at that point.

It just seems a little too random for Ash wanting to catch a Dunsparce only to be a plot but so is Iris's flower garland, I guess. :p

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
fer92 thanks for responding to Doryuzu, now I don't have to make a large post. Although I will say that Emolga's Volt Change, Axew's Outrage and Giga Impact, and Eevee's Trump Card are all moves used by Pokémon belonging to important characters. Even then, Emolga hasn't used Volt Switch since BWS1, Axew only used Outrage once and Giga Impact like twice, and we only saw Eevee use Tump Card once. Most wild Pokémon usually get generic looking moves or moves that are easily animated in.

For Dunsparce we've seen Screech so that does give me some hope of it having a unique moveset. I would love it to have Screech, Drill Run, Ancient Power, Ice Beam/Charge Beam.
Once again, at the end of the day your opinions and speculations you try to pass off as fact are simply just that, speculation and conspiracy theories that further create and cause rumors that circulate throughout the fandom rather than any real confirmation that could be taken at face value. It's okay if these are your opinions and speculations, I'm not criticizing you for your ideas, but please please please don't attempt to pass them off as fact. It doesn't help anything only misinforms the people further on how Pokemon works from a technical standpoint.(Ratings, Animation, Episode production, things like that.)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Never did.

If this Dunsparce has an interesting moveset I think it could be caught later on. Animators don't usually like spending money making unique move animations for pokemon if they can't reuse them later.
That is stating something as fact, but I'll just drop it in any case.

I apologize if my post came off as rude and/or aggressive btw, that wasn't the intention at all.

Ninfia

Fairy type
So, is Dent actually going to do anything besides fart around Ash all episode, or is he going to just be an third wheel? I really want him to do something, I like Dent.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So, is Dent actually going to do anything besides fart around Ash all episode, or is he going to just be an third wheel? I really want him to do something, I like Dent.

Imo, the fact that he's still hanging out with Ash is proof that he's siding with him. The summary would have us believe that he's neutral, but if he was he wouldn't be with Ash as shown in the preview; he would go off on his own for a while and wait for Ash and Iris to make up. I'm not sure what more Cilan will do to be honest.

So....no spoilers this week? I was hoping Ash catching that Dunsparce!

You should probably ask myriada, although I think the events of this episode have already been spoiled to the point where we have a very good idea of the outcome.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Imo, the fact that he's still hanging out with Ash is proof that he's siding with him. The summary would have us believe that he's neutral, but if he was he wouldn't be with Ash as shown in the preview; he would go off on his own for a while and wait for Ash and Iris to make up. I'm not sure what more Cilan will do to be honest.

You should probably ask myriada, although I think the events of this episode have already been spoiled to the point where we have a very good idea of the outcome.

I wouldn't call being with ash siding with ash, as cilan left the gym to accompany ash, not iris, so what she does shouldn't have any effect on him...

Ps myriada hasn't posted anything since the 8th, Idk if he's banned or alive or whatnot :p

Status
Not open for further replies.