• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E9 - Ash and Iris Break It Off!? Highway to Separation!! [FIRST POST 05/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yes, but they're clearly not going to change something that major just so the animators don't have to do something.

You answered your own question, it's random. Just like the Onix situation not so long ago.

Are you not understanding what I mean? the animators said it would be a pain or wtv, to draw Fraxure out all the time and the writers probably concede, I doubt if he was in a pokeball he wouldn't be evolved by now, since they made the thing dream about evolution.

Are people actually thinking Iris is leaving in this episode?

Dude she's scheduled to be in the next one. -_-; Plus there's the whole Clair thing that needs to come up. [

Have we actually seen anything that shows her in the jirachi ep? not that I'm expecting her to leave for good, but an episode or two (maybe one focusing on Ash and Cilan and one focusing on her) before a big reunion

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No, I think most people think that this episode will be a setup for her eventual leaving. Of course she isn't leaving here.

*Looks at first couple of pages* I saw at least one comment where someone seemed surprised/upset that Iris wasn't leaving in this episode, which seemed obvious since she hasn't even met Clair yet and we know she's in future episodes. Plus why would she leave in the middle of DA? It makes no sense for her to leave after just one little argument imo.

Graham Aker

Have we actually seen anything that shows her in the jirachi ep? not that I'm expecting her to leave for good, but an episode or two (maybe one focusing on Ash and Cilan and one focusing on her) before a big reunion

Yes, she was shown in the short little preview we got of the Jirachi episode.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Are you not understanding what I mean? the animators said it would be a pain or wtv, to draw Fraxure out all the time and the writers probably concede, I doubt if he was in a pokeball he wouldn't be evolved by now, since they made the thing dream about evolution.

What DMerle probably meant is that there are only a few episodes left before XY. One thing is to draw a Fraxure for 10 episodes, another thing is to draw the same Fraxure for 100~ episodes. And besides what? They can easily make him mostly static and give him a few movements when needed.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
If anything, Ash would be a hypocrite if he said anything about it. Of course it's not his fault that Pikachu doesn't go inside a Poké Ball, but do you remember at all just how many times Ash & group had to stop in their tracks and devote time to rescuing/protecting/searching/whatever because *something* happened to Pikachu again? I don't like it either when the writers resort to the getting lost plot for the eleventy billionth time when they're being their usual uninspired selves but seriously, I think from an in-world point-of-view, no one from the group considers Axew to be anymore of a handful than Pikachu, if at all.

Also, Iris has never thought of, much less called Ash a "newbie" to my knowledge, plus Ash has called her out on her child remarks at least once. I don't like it when people put the blame for unimaginative scripts and plots onto characters they don't like or feel deserve some twisted kind of punishment for not being written the way they want them to be - namely, standing in the background 70% of the time and soft-soaping Ash 24/7. Ash isn't a poor, defenseless thing when confronted with Iris. Most of the time he doesn't take her remarks seriously and only snaps at her when he feels like getting angry and venting, which I think is a much classier way of handling things than the revenge lash-out you want to (and perhaps *will*) take place here :)
The whole KODMO NE is exactly that, Langley tells her that, that she is a KID herself, its a joke, about criticizing Satoshi as usual I'll say, you guys are always bashing the freaking character but when a character in the anime tells him he is wrong, that character is "detestable" because a friend can't criticize you apparently, I'm guessing if some of you guys friends wanted to jump from a ****ing bridge to their death you guys would be like "Sure i'm his friend I'm not going to stop him/her, I'm going to SUPPORT HIM/HER", anyone who doesn't get the joke by now...something something.

Just like when Dent goes over the top with his fabulous stuff and she makes her face like, "OH not this again!".

This are the reasons why Iris is basicly the best written girl in the show and with the most human personality.
Exactly, people that see Kodomo Ne as being malicious never made sense to me. Trying to find something fundamentally wrong about a gag is scraping from the bottom of the barrel and I figure it's that reason for two reasons:

1.Either so focused on disliking Iris you nitpick for an excuse.
2.Throwing a fit because Iris is a girl who's willing to call the main character out on his crap when necessary.

She's realistic and that's what I like. Regarding Axew. Piplup, Togepi, and Pikachu have caused trouble for the group before. Axew was kidnapped in the Scrafty episode and was asleep in the Durant episode, he only got lost in the league episode. Otherwise Axew is hardly a hand full.

Iris is also way past the point of having to be taught that Ash is competent; she knows that. By now, she is absolutely supportive and loyal to him on the inside, but that doesn't mean she's obligated to show that on the outside all the time :/
Exactly.
This is the one part where I agree with you, Bluedragonfangirl - because they forcedly weaved Axew into the plot and pushed it into the center of the decisive argument, I'm worried that it might all boil down to "Iris forgives Ash if he apologizes to Axew", which would essentially make the plot revolve around a Pokémon again. Which, in this case, would suck. I desperately want the Pokémon to take a backseat on this, but given how Team Rocket seems to play a role here, it's almost inevitable that at least the resolution part will be an homage to TBTB.
Though I'd largely prefer a human-centric episode, I don't have a problem with Axew being a catalyst at least.

I didn't expect Dunsparce to actually appear in DA!, so that's nice. I'm fan of the Pokemon itself, wondering if we'll get Swanna and Altaria.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Sounds like a great episode.

I hope the argument is serious and not just some silly:

- "omg ur such a kid ash 4 lettin dunsparce escape"
- "no it was axews fault iris plz listen"
- "no ash u suck"

idawnhikari

No Need to Worry!
This sounds interesting...I have a feeling they are going to rekindle their friendship though after the fight. I do say this though, this episode is going to
be a dream come true to Negaishippers. Why? After they make up there is going to be an even stronger bond between those two. I could just imagine
Iris and Ash being so sad after they part (for awhile) then start missing each other. Sounds like a great episode, can't wait to see it xD

BlueDragonfangirl

Really.

A fight over a freaking Dunsparce.

Unless it's getting an evo and that's why Ash is busting his head over it, that's the lamest reason to get in a fib.

But hey, this is stupid Axew, so I guess it's reasonable.

I would have flipped out at it already since Axew keeps getting lost, come on Iris learn your freakin lesson already and keep that thing in its Pokeball if its going to keep getting lost sheesh!!

The crazy thing is, we've never seen Ash get angry at a Pokemon like this before, should be intresting and I'm happy its at Axew cuz we all have been getting annoyed at it as of late.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I would have flipped out at it already since Axew keeps getting lost, come on Iris learn your freakin lesson already and keep that thing in its Pokeball if its going to keep getting lost sheesh!!

The crazy thing is, we've never seen Ash get angry at a Pokemon like this before, should be intresting and I'm happy its at Axew cuz we all have been getting annoyed at it as of late.

I don't know. I don't really think it's Axew's fault. I kind of think Axew might have tripped or something scaring it away (Dunsparce are really timid). Just because I see it being a misunderstanding, I don't really see Ash getting mad at Axew seriously (he probably was just more mad about it getting away). Plus, that gives more basis as to why Iris would storm off. Of course she'd be mad if she felt he was being unfair.

BlueDragonfangirl

I don't know. I don't really think it's Axew's fault. I kind of think Axew might have tripped or something scaring it away (Dunsparce are really timid). Just because I see it being a misunderstanding, I don't really see Ash getting mad at Axew seriously (he probably was just more mad about it getting away). Plus, that gives more basis as to why Iris would storm off. Of course she'd be mad if she felt he was being unfair.

Ash isn't normally one to get upset at a Pokemon, its gotta be a good reason why he is. If it is a misunderstanding and Iris storms off cuz of that, thats just sad.
Do you know how many times hes had to deal with Iris attitude this entire series? Yet, he still lets her travel with him.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Ash isn't normally one to get upset at a Pokemon, its gotta be a good reason why he is. If it is a misunderstanding and Iris storms off cuz of that, thats just sad.
Do you know how many times hes had to deal with Iris attitude this entire series? Yet, he still lets her travel with her.

Yeah because it caused him a capture--at least that's how it sounds right now. He was probably just upset, and didn't mean it. Like I said, I think Iris has a good reason to storm off if she felt he was being unfair. It *is* a bit immature if both of them "call off" their friendship though. But they are like only 10 year olds. Little kids always do that.

hopefully cilan has a fairly big role here. as a mediator ot something.

gohan5

Irisboy
Do you know how many times hes had to deal with Iris attitude this entire series? Yet, he still lets her travel with him.

Because they're friends, you're basically saying they're fighting because they hate each other. What lol? It's already clear that they are friends and like traveling together, but hey a small thing between friends happens all the time. It has nothing to do with her attitude, refer to Sushi's post for the rest.

BlueDragonfangirl

Yeah because it caused him a capture--at least that's how it sounds right now. He was probably just upset, and didn't mean it. Like I said, I think Iris has a good reason to storm off if she felt he was being unfair. It *is* a bit immature if both of them "call off" their friendship though. But they are like only 10 year olds. Little kids always do that.

I don't see it like that, hes missed trying to catch a Pokemon before and never gets angry about it.
If Ash gets upset and didn't mean any thing about it than thats unfair on Iris part, shes done tons of things to tick him off yet he trys to keep the friendship between him and Iris.

Status
Not open for further replies.