• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E9 - Ash and Iris Break It Off!? Highway to Separation!! [FIRST POST 05/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
We don't know. He most likely won't catch it though, he has other things on his mind after all.

Would be neat however if Dunsparce got interested in the group and followed them for a while, so it could be caught later.

Kinda like Aipom, Gible and Sandile? That would be interesting. It's been a while since Ash kept a pure Normal-type not called Snorlax or Tauros.

dman_dustin

but in the preview ash said he wanted to catch one but he didn't how do we know if he'll actually catch dunsparce in this episode

I just meant why waste episodes on Ash wanting to catch something, when it's going to be episodes, and episodes and episodes before catching something, likely in 6th gen.

Wanting to catch a Dunsparce, is weird because it goes no where, and it's a ridiculous way to get two people fighting, considering that I will be extremely annoyed if it's not Ash's fault that this happens, and Iris is just being petty.

So how could Axew be blamed for Ash's failure to capture Dunsparce? Axew decides to ignore the pretty battle going on standing behind Ash doing something, that results in a ridiculous set of chain events leading to this fight between Ash and Iris.

Or the better question, what the hell was this flower or whatever the hell it is, doing anywhere near Ash that results in him falling on it and crushing it.

And my other problem is if Ash wants to catch a Pokemon and he's going to fail at it, why would the writers choose something like a Dunsparce, why not something more trolling like a Riolu (don't even start, I said fail to catch).

This Dunsparce just creates a dilemma, what if Ash caught it? What would have been the point of Ash catching it? Is it because it does have a 6th gen evolution? Or they just are giving it to him for the sake of it. Because without tournaments and stuff, it seems pointless for Ash to catch something he's just going to dump while going to the Kalos region because it isn't relevant to 6th generation.

If Ash was going to catch and fail at something, I would've liked something that wasn't a standalone Pokemon that could evolve in the future, how about something that already has an evolution, like Teddiursa.

I get the thought of giving Dunsparce some more screentime, but then why not Klank, why Dunsparce? Why not a Hoenn Pokemon like Whismur who is also a normal type, and it would give Ash more 3rd gen Pokemon if he were to catch it which he wouldn't have (but Ash doesn't know that).

Dunsparce is too random, especially just used for fodder for Ash and Iris to fight. Ash training one of his Pokemon like Palpitoad and then something weird happens resulting in the two fight would've been a better alternative, than Ash trying to capture a Dunsparce.

But let's say the episode ends with Ash finding Dunsparce and does catch it, or maybe while trying to make up with Iris, Dunsparce attacks and he catches it then because he had no choice? What would the point be in Dunsparce? When would we see it again, two or three times in DA after capture, MAYBE if we are lucky. And then maybe he takes it with him to 6th generation because it might be relevant.

I just think if this was all a waste, and Ash had to fail at trying to catch something, I would've gone with a Pokemon who likely wouldn't be relevant to the Kalos region (new evolution wise).

Dunsparce is just an odd Pokemon for Ash to want to catch, since I can't see the point. Where is the sudden "I want to catch everything that might even slightly interest me" amongst "Oh a strong wild Pokemon, causing problems, yeah no interest in catching it, whatsoever.

That said at least Dunsparce makes more sense than Ash wanting to catch an Onix.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I would like Cilan to catch Dunsparce. As proposed by FlyAsADunspace, Dunsparce could follow the group, just like Aipom, Gible and Sandile to finally end up in one of the main character's party.

I would like Cilan to catch Dunsparce. As proposed by FlyAsADunspace, Dunsparce could follow the group, just like Aipom, Gible and Sandile to finally end up in one of the main character's party.

beverages gonna happen. there not gonna have ash attempt to catch it just to turn around and give it to cilan instead

Everlasting

Everything stays.
beverages gonna happen. there not gonna have ash attempt to catch it just to turn around and give it to cilan instead

Well this scheme did happen once (not including the Pokémon following the group), no ? Bianca attempt multiple times to catch Emolga while Iris was just looking for her to give her apple back and, at the end, it's Iris who caught Emolga. Isn't it a 'bit similar ? Of course I'm not expecting it happening but it's still a possibility to think of, right ?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Kinda like Aipom, Gible and Sandile? That would be interesting. It's been a while since Ash kept a pure Normal-type not called Snorlax or Tauros.

And just like Snorlax and Tauros, Dunsparce would probably spend the rest of its life at Oak's lab doing nothing important if it was captured by Ash imo. :x

Anyway, I think it's out of character for Ash to suddenly want a Dunsparce out of the blue. He likes Pokemon and all that, but to suddenly want to catch one when he's usually satisfied with just seeing Pokemon seems quite odd to me. The writers are trying too hard to make Dunsparce relevant imo. It's like they're forcing it down our throats which wouldn't have bothered me in the past because Dunsparce is a cute species, but I'm worried that it will be captured, which is something I'm not prepared for. I'm satisfied with Ash's team at the moment.

Matsuyamakun

I hope Ash doesn't catch that Dunsparce.Why is he trying to get weak pokemons?I really don't want to see another 3 vs 6 match in XY.
Ash already has decent normal type pokemons like Snorlax, Tauros even Dunsparce evolves in Gen 6.I hope Axew helps Dunsparce escaping!

I just meant why waste episodes on Ash wanting to catch something, when it's going to be episodes, and episodes and episodes before catching something, likely in 6th gen.

Wanting to catch a Dunsparce, is weird because it goes no where, and it's a ridiculous way to get two people fighting, considering that I will be extremely annoyed if it's not Ash's fault that this happens, and Iris is just being petty.

So how could Axew be blamed for Ash's failure to capture Dunsparce? Axew decides to ignore the pretty battle going on standing behind Ash doing something, that results in a ridiculous set of chain events leading to this fight between Ash and Iris.

Or the better question, what the hell was this flower or whatever the hell it is, doing anywhere near Ash that results in him falling on it and crushing it.

And my other problem is if Ash wants to catch a Pokemon and he's going to fail at it, why would the writers choose something like a Dunsparce, why not something more trolling like a Riolu (don't even start, I said fail to catch).

This Dunsparce just creates a dilemma, what if Ash caught it? What would have been the point of Ash catching it? Is it because it does have a 6th gen evolution? Or they just are giving it to him for the sake of it. Because without tournaments and stuff, it seems pointless for Ash to catch something he's just going to dump while going to the Kalos region because it isn't relevant to 6th generation.

If Ash was going to catch and fail at something, I would've liked something that wasn't a standalone Pokemon that could evolve in the future, how about something that already has an evolution, like Teddiursa.

I get the thought of giving Dunsparce some more screentime, but then why not Klank, why Dunsparce? Why not a Hoenn Pokemon like Whismur who is also a normal type, and it would give Ash more 3rd gen Pokemon if he were to catch it which he wouldn't have (but Ash doesn't know that).

Dunsparce is too random, especially just used for fodder for Ash and Iris to fight. Ash training one of his Pokemon like Palpitoad and then something weird happens resulting in the two fight would've been a better alternative, than Ash trying to capture a Dunsparce.

But let's say the episode ends with Ash finding Dunsparce and does catch it, or maybe while trying to make up with Iris, Dunsparce attacks and he catches it then because he had no choice? What would the point be in Dunsparce? When would we see it again, two or three times in DA after capture, MAYBE if we are lucky. And then maybe he takes it with him to 6th generation because it might be relevant.

I just think if this was all a waste, and Ash had to fail at trying to catch something, I would've gone with a Pokemon who likely wouldn't be relevant to the Kalos region (new evolution wise).

Dunsparce is just an odd Pokemon for Ash to want to catch, since I can't see the point. Where is the sudden "I want to catch everything that might even slightly interest me" amongst "Oh a strong wild Pokemon, causing problems, yeah no interest in catching it, whatsoever.

That said at least Dunsparce makes more sense than Ash wanting to catch an Onix.

You are making a fuss out of something they have thought for like--five seconds? You have answered your question yourself: It's Random.

It's just convenient to the plot that Ash wanted to capture something and Axew/Iris disrupted it. The trigger isn't important duh...triggers are always convenient to the plot. What you should worry about is what will happen after that. Will it be a cliched episode like Bicker the Better or will Iris save Ash from something or will Ash save Iris...or will Cilan play a role.

Heck there are so many other things to discuss about the episode at hand...and you worry about a Dunsparce

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Satoshi needs to learn the internet, he could come to Serebii or Smogon to ask advice from you guys for what he should catch, or better check the website dex to check the stats.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Satoshi needs to learn the internet, he could come to Serebii or Smogon to ask advice from you guys for what he should caugth, or better check the website dex to check the stats.

I wonder his username Would be if he got in here. Probably like "#Born2BeAMa$t3r97".

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
And just like Snorlax and Tauros, Dunsparce would probably spend the rest of its life at Oak's lab doing nothing important if it was captured by Ash imo. :x

Yeah Snorlax and Tauros haven't done anything important at all. Clair, Drake, Gary, Greta, and Anabel were total pushovers. They had no point in being there and only weighed everyone down with their fails. They couldn't even win in their respective tournaments in Johto. What wasted Pokémon that haven't done ANYTHING

Last time he used a computer to check on Gary's team, it blocked him off. He'll put his first and last names toge-

ANYWAY! Even if Dunsparce are rare, they suck...unless they have Glare.

Dunsparce have an insane moveset though, which is good for anime battles

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I hope Ash doesn't catch that Dunsparce.Why is he trying to get weak pokemons?I really don't want to see another 3 vs 6 match in XY.
Ash already has decent normal type pokemons like Snorlax, Tauros even Dunsparce evolves in Gen 6.I hope Axew helps Dunsparce escaping!

It doesn't really matter. He likes to catch pokemon, so who cares what type they are. The point is that something needs to be done about Axew. Ash could be trying to catch a Kankashan and it will be just as the same.

Well this scheme did happen once (not including the Pokémon following the group), no ? Bianca attempt multiple times to catch Emolga while Iris was just looking for her to give her apple back and, at the end, it's Iris who caught Emolga. Isn't it a 'bit similar ? Of course I'm not expecting it happening but it's still a possibility to think of, right ?

Theres a difference between a recurring rival (who is used for comic relief) and a main character. Ash trying to catch Dunsparce is what leads to the falling out. There not gonna go through all that just to give it to someone else. Its Ash or no one

jh941

I could see Ash capturing it and it gets oaked immediately, and when he returns to Kanto he picks it up and takes it to Kalos.

If that doesn't happen I don't think it will he caught, he doesn't seem to be rotating his team anymore so it wouldn't be in any upcoming episodes for a while.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Theres a difference between a recurring rival (who is used for comic relief) and a main character. Ash trying to catch Dunsparce is what leads to the falling out. There not gonna go through all that just to give it to someone else. Its Ash or no one

I, personally, see no differences between it. Why Cilan couldn't catch Dunsparce ? Just because Ash attempts to catch it doesn't mean is name is write on it. If Dunsparce discovers some potential in Cilan, or find Cilan more special (seeing how he tries to reunite Ash and Iris, for example), of course he could join him. It's just like how Iris wanted to catch Tepig but Tepig prefered Ash over her.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The latest summaries suggest that he wants it because it's an extremely rare Pokemon. And the floral garland was probably around Iris's neck.

Dunsparce are literally a dime a dozen, so I don't know what Ash is playing at. Like I said, his sudden desire to catch one is out of character and just feels forced. I wish someone (maybe Iris) would point out that Ash has several neglected Pokemon to look after, and that he should work with his current Pokemon before attempting to catch others.

Yeah Snorlax and Tauros haven't done anything important at all. Clair, Drake, Gary, Greta, and Anabel were total pushovers. They had no point in being there and only weighed everyone down with their fails. They couldn't even win in their respective tournaments in Johto. What wasted Pokémon that haven't done ANYTHING

Pretty much, although I personally wouldn't have said it so harshly. :p

I think this episode has the potential to take up the character dynamic between Ash, Iris and Cilan. I am very eager to see what Cilan would do after Iris runs away. Will he try Ash to calm down and think, or will he side with Iris...or a bit of both? Then I would finally like to see Ash have a new emotion other than anger, obvious apology, jumpy shonen.

Hope some of my expectations are met.

Status
Not open for further replies.