• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2DA!E9 - Ash and Iris Break It Off!? Highway to Separation!! [FIRST POST 05/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
Didn't Jigglypuff stay in Hoenn with a little girl and her dad? I do want to see a diferent Jigglypuff(episode doesn't have to be about it) when was the last time we saw one?

it put those 2 to sleep and then abandoned them for Unova. It's not like more strange things haven't happened. Ether way I don't think just because ash finally decided he wants a dunsparce that it actually means anything besides throwing iris into a hissy fit.

Last edited:

jh941

I could see Ash and Iris making up at the end of this episode, then they bump into Dunsparce again and Ash catches it. But I could just as easily see it either showing an interest in Ash or the group and following them before being caught later, I would say Ash would be the most likely to catch it, and it is oaked and not seen again until he returns to Kanto, where it joins him and the others to Kalos where it may have a new evolution.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Based on the Preview: (This is what i could see happening)

Maybe...Ash went to look for food and then:

-Walking and encounters a Dunsprace sliding/walking/bouncing by
-Ash tries to catch it, but it runs away
-Found some apples, shares them with everyone
-Iris takes the first bite=turns out bitter and gets mad
-Ash comments how he didn't know and steps on a flower Iris found?
-Iris comment on how Ash wasn't able to tell which apple is right and calls Ash a kid
-Ash gets angry
-Break apart temporarily
-Solo time for Ash
-Solo time for Iris
-Iris finds out all the apples in the area are bitter
-Comes back to apologize, Ash apologizes too=Dunsprace appears again (Catch Round 2)
-Iris helps corner Dunsprace
-About to try and catch....Team Rocket Shows Up and Traps Dunsprace
-Ash and Iris Double attack=TR Blasts Off and Saves Dunsprace
-Ash Continues to try and catch Dunsprace or Dunsprace runs away and appears at the end of the episode and tails Ash and co. like Sandile did?

I hope Ash catches Dunsprace in this episode. If not then at least by the end of this Arc; before the Kalos Region. I can imagine it flapping its little wings across the ocean. If Iris does try to catch Dunsprace, then maybe it'll evolve into a Fairy/Dragon type pokemon.

Last edited:

pokechamp95

kanto champion
After re-watching the preview it sounds like Ash is calling out Pikachu and Dunspacre(Nokocchi) when team rocket is getting away not sure if anyone else noticed that but oh well either Ash catch's Dunspacre when Iris is gone or he befriends and catch's it when everything is said and done im leaning towards the latter though.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Still thinking Dunsparce disappear at the start and is never seen again but I do hope this is a game hint at an evolution anyway.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
If this Dunsparce has an interesting moveset I think it could be caught later on. Animators don't usually like spending money making unique move animations for pokemon if they can't reuse them later.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
If this Dunsparce has an interesting moveset I think it could be caught later on. Animators don't usually like spending money making unique move animations for pokemon if they can't reuse them later.

Just seeng Screech being used, accident happens, Dunsparce runs /end of Dunsparce, its not like the thing will go after Satoshi if it runs scared of him.

WaterShuriken

Just seeng Screech being used, accident happens, Dunsparce runs /end of Dunsparce, its not like the thing will go after Satoshi if it runs scared of him.

Catepie did run away but then Ash saved it. Dunaprce could run away but watch everything from far away until he sees Ash do something interesting.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Animators don't usually like spending money making unique move animations for pokemon if they can't reuse them later.

There's absolutely no proof for that claim, most likely just a piece information that came from the grapevine.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Explain the annoying abundance of Hidden Power.

Saying things like the animators are cheap about spending money making innovative designs and animation for moves because of your annoyance with some moves be overused doesn't make making false claims okay. It only spreads more misinformation around.

WaterShuriken

Saying things like the animators are cheap about spending money making innovative designs and animation for moves because of your annoyance with some moves be overused doesn't make making false claims okay. It only spreads more misinformation around.

Either way there is some truth to that as everything costs money. If a company can save a bit of money, they will. Especially since they don't do 20 episodes a series. They go close to 200 episodes a series so cutbacks in animation are logical in that sense. To completely dismiss it altogether just because there's no official confirmation either is closed minded.

There is also a difference in being cheap and being financially responsible.

LizardonX

Banned
Dunsparce
Serene Grace

Screech
Headbutt
Glare
Ancient Power

ALL OF THE FLINCHING.

He should just flinch hax pikachu until he can't battle anymore.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Either way there is some truth to that as everything costs money. If a company can save a bit of money, they will. Especially since they don't do 20 episodes a series. They go close to 200 episodes a series so cutbacks in animation are logical in that sense. To completely dismiss it altogether just because there's no official confirmation either is closed minded.

There is also a difference in being cheap and being financially responsible.
So in other words, you're taking someone's excuses and speculations as face value without caring if it's accurate or not.

Going by your logic in your original post that means the writers didn't like spending money on Emonga's Volt Change, Kibago's Outrage and Giga Impact, Eevee's Trump Card et cetera. In reality there's absolutely no hint of proof or confirmation that's the writers' motives behind move choices and you're just speculating at the end of the day and trying to reason it into fact. Which simply leads to more rumors and untrue information around the anime in the Pokemon fandom. The amount of money doesn't define how the moves look so much as it defines how it looks, Hidden Power is CGi. Thus is cheap to make, that doesn't mean that's why it's used so much.

.....Sometimes I wonder why I even reply in the first place, you guys don't listen anyway.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I think it's fair to mention here that about 90% of all footage of Jessie's Woobat is recycled or stock footage. Some of its appearances are completely comprised of recycled footage, from Jessie sending it out to it using a move (usually Air Slash, which uses the same animation 95% or more of the time) to the last time it's seen.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I don't know where you got that idea. I mean yeah, sometimes the writers do use stock animation instead of spending money on fancy move animations, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the Dunsparce would have to be caught by a main character. I think there's a chance that Dunsparce could have an interesting moveset simply because it's the featured Pokemon.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
After re-watching the preview it sounds like Ash is calling out Pikachu and Dunspacre(Nokocchi) when team rocket is getting away not sure if anyone else noticed that but oh well either Ash catch's Dunspacre when Iris is gone or he befriends and catch's it when everything is said and done im leaning towards the latter though.

He called out "Zuruggu", which is Scraggy, would be nice if he did capture it, although I am not getting my hopes up.

pokechamp95

kanto champion
He called out "Zuruggu", which is Scraggy, would be nice if he did capture it, although I am not getting my hopes up.

Oh well thats what I get for watching it with the TV on in the back ground >.< and yeah I hope he catches it as well

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I never said it did. However, at least in Marill's case, it was already part of the Fairy egg group, so it wasn't completely random for it to become a Fairy-type also. I'm not sure what Dunsparce being a Fairy-type would accomplish to begin with though.
You do realize Dunsparce is based on a mythological creature, right. If we assume Fairy is just a weird way of saying "Magic" then it would make sense, besides, again it has wings. It seriously looks like a reptilian fairy. Or some creature that would co-exist with actual fairy like creatures.

I don't understand the reason behind the thirst for Dunsparce to join Ash's team when nobody seemed to care about the species before now. Or is this sudden desire all part of the "Ash's team hasn't changed in over a year" thing that people have been complaining about recently? I'm sincerely curious because at the moment I'm just completely flabbergasted.

That's not entirely true. Dunsparce has been unusually popular, among certain fans, whether it's a love to hate popularity or genuine appreciation for Dunsparce, it is also probably one of the very few Pokemon that a lot of people genuinely believe should get an evolution.

Ash getting Dunsparce would just be a way to give an under appreciated Pokemon more popularity. Especially if it has an awesome evolution.

I honestly think Ash should get a 3rd generation Pokemon, over another 2nd generation, since he only has 5 Hoenn Pokemon (excluding evolutions).

Buechs44

Aipom Master
I'm crossing my fingers for a capture here, but I'm gonna be realistic and comprehend that we likely aren't getting anything

Status
Not open for further replies.