• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2EN-1: Return to Juniper's Laboratory [FIRST POST UPDATED IN 01/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Episode N is not a filler saga and neither were the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier so stop saying that. And come on, look at that trailer, you could tell it follows a filler formula.

A filler saga in the Pokemon anime is a saga that fills in the time between two major sagas. It doesn't mean that the events are suddenly irrelevant like those of a filler episode.

gohan5

Irisboy
I don't think anyone expected to see N in the first episode of Episode N, but come on. An episode that focuses on a brand-new trainer who probably won't ever appear again isn't exactly a great start for the arc. What I'm most pressed about is that this is all taking place at Juniper's lab; why couldn't Ash go back to Kanto...

Come on what? What should have happened really? Ash just rushes off to meet N? As already stated, this episode will probably set up where the group goes from here since the league is over. Ash probably went back to her lab because that's the closest way back to kanto obviously, it's where he started his journey after arriving in Unova.

lets not start this...lol

It's true. Sorry.

A filler saga in the Pokemon anime is a saga that fills in the time between two major sagas. It doesn't mean that the events are suddenly irrelevant like those of a filler episode.

The way ConUxie was talking made it sound like he was saying of course we would see fillers in a filler saga meaning the saga is filler in the way we usually use the word.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
No it's true. While the non fillers generally increased in quality, peaking in DP the best filler are all in gen 1. except a few treasures like Piplup up and away!

...I hope you realize that Dp is my favorite season for a reason. :p

...I can like the fillers can I not? :p

...and this is why do not start this crap.
*le sigh*

KKS-Lapras

Honestly the amount of adults on here who act like children is ridiculous. If you don't want to watch filler don't watch a filler arc.

Totally agree. This episode is going to set in motion everything that will likely happen during the rest of the N saga, making it important if for no other reason as a starting point.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
Episode N is not a filler saga and neither were the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier so stop saying that. And come on, look at that trailer, you could tell it follows a filler formula.

I remember when fillers used to be entertaining. Oh how I miss Kanto and Orange Islands.
Erm, uh... um... hmm... what? When I say filler saga I dont mean episodes that have no meaning I mean that they are the bridge between two regions so... when I say that its an oxymoron to call something that is in nature always going to be "filler" thats what I meant. Episode N is the filler saga because it takes place after the league just like the other two filler sagas that were the bridge between Kanto>Johto and AG>DP were :/ Dont get so antsy over terms that can be misconstrued...
Filler-estique episode is what i think people are looking for. In the end, it looks as though the girl is trying to get her new starter...And N appears at the end to set the stage.

Zero problem with that. Of course its like filler. xD

Hikari! We dont know what else this episode could hold D8 It could have Team Plasma being seen for the first time on-screen and tell us what else Ash will be doing in this marketable crap fest! :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Come on what? What should have happened really? Ash just rushes off to meet N? As already stated, this episode will probably set up where the group goes from here since the league is over. Ash probably went back to her lab because that's the closest way back to kanto obviously, it's where he started his journey after arriving in Unova.

What should have happened is that Ash and friends should have continued their journey and then encountered Looker since he's the one who has been following Team Plasma's movements and would therefore be in a better position to explain what Team Plasma is and what their plans could be. I have no idea why Juniper's lab was chosen as the starting point again; it's redundant given that she shouldn't have any real information to share with Ash and even if she did, she could have contacted him via video phone.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Hikari! We dont know what else this episode could hold D8 It could have Team Plasma being seen for the first time on-screen and tell us what else Ash will be doing in this marketable crap fest! :D
...like a said. Its likely filler.

YOu can make the logical assumption that it is mostly filler.

...thats not what I dislike.

I dislike the cynicallness of it. Like they atcually expect there not to be a filler :p

Erm, uh... um... hmm... what? When I say filler saga I dont mean episodes that have no meaning I mean that they are the bridge between two regions so... when I say that its an oxymoron to call something that is in nature always going to be "filler" thats what I meant. Episode N is the filler saga because it takes place after the league just like the other two filler sagas that were the bridge between Kanto>Johto and AG>DP were :/ Dont get so antsy over terms that can be misconstrued...

I am not getting angsty. It just seems like no one can have opinions about episodes here without you bashing them.....

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I am not getting angsty. It just seems like no one can have opinions about episodes here without you bashing them.....

If I may say so...

"Its true. Sorry."

Is a nice way to get backlash...:/
No. The level of enjoyment is basic, therefore if you enjoyed it more, its basically better this way (that type of filler) or that way (This type of filler)...Which is what I kind of keep trying to say.

ALSO.

the cynicallness of the comments are not helping ._....calling it filler is one thing, but immediatly putting it down is another...its like half the people on here. xD

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lol so the professor oak episodes were filler, got it.

LizardonX

Banned
We have every right to put down and insult a rehash of Dawn's special ep, which was a rehaash of yet another rehash of a rehash of a starter picking episode.

gohan5

Irisboy
What should have happened is that Ash and friends should have continued their journey and then encountered Looker since he's the one who has been following Team Plasma's movements and would therefore be in a better position to explain what Team Plasma is and what their plans could be. I have no idea why Juniper's lab was chosen as the starting point again; it's redundant given that she shouldn't have any real information to share with Ash and even if she did, she could have contacted him via video phone.

And again I already said he's going back there so he can plan his next move. Looker or whoever just appearing right at the league when he loses would be even worse. It's what Ash does, he's not gonna keep wandering the region just hoping Looker or someone appears to throw his life in danger like you imply. Sorry but that would be redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.