• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2EN-1: Return to Juniper's Laboratory [FIRST POST UPDATED IN 01/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

BlueDragonfangirl

BW Series loves that Pikachu doesn't it? You'd think, since its a region that wasn't supposed to have any Pokemon connected at all to other regions they'd let one of Ash's newer Pokemon take the lead but heyXD Well whatever, unlike some I don't hate the thing.

dman_dustin

BW Series loves that Pikachu doesn't it? You'd think, since its a region that wasn't supposed to have any Pokemon connected at all to other regions they'd let one of Ash's newer Pokemon take the lead but heyXD Well whatever, unlike some I don't hate the thing.

It's hard to like Pikachu for just being a Pikachu when it's shoved down our throat and receives special treatment from the writers.

It's like they always forget that Pikachu is going to be in every episode, while Ash's other Pokémon won't. Even in one of my fanfiction, my character doesn't solely focus on his starter, and his starter eventually gets dumped, to focus on the other Pokémon. And my other fanfiction, keeps his starter but only uses it when he needs its power.

It's a shame because Iris isn't reflected like this in this way. Axew every episode in Best Wishes, but she doesn't rely on it when battling, however on the downside, it's the only thing of hers that actually receives fake development episodes.

Squirtle_007

It's hard to like Pikachu for just being a Pikachu when it's shoved down our throat and receives special treatment from the writers.

It's like they always forget that Pikachu is going to be in every episode, while Ash's other Pokémon won't. Even in one of my fanfiction, my character doesn't solely focus on his starter, and his starter eventually gets dumped, to focus on the other Pokémon. And my other fanfiction, keeps his starter but only uses it when he needs its power.

It's a shame because Iris isn't reflected like this in this way. Axew every episode in Best Wishes, but she doesn't rely on it when battling, however on the downside, it's the only thing of hers that actually receives fake development episodes.

But people still wants Ash in the main spotlight and be the main character of the anime forever, well, there you go, he is just the Pikachu stroller, you want him in the series?, Pikachu getting the spotlight is the price to pay.

Fanfictions =/= A big marketing show to get tons of money.

Iris´s first Pokémon was Drilbur, not Axew.

dman_dustin

But people still wants Ash in the main spotlight and be the main character of the anime forever, well, there you go, he is just the Pikachu stroller, you want him in the series?, Pikachu getting the spotlight is the price to pay.

There's a difference between giving Pikachu what it deserves and shoving it down our throats until we choke on it.

The writers have yet to make that distinction.

Especially when they don't care that another Pokémon gets screwed over in the process.

Fanfictions =/= A big marketing show to get tons of money.
Completely irrelevant.

Iris´s first Pokémon was Drilbur, not Axew.

I didn't say Axew was her first Pokémon, it's a Pikachu for the simple fact it has the most it common with Ash's Pikachu.

The only thing Excadrill has in common with Pikachu is that it's their trainers first Pokémon. But that's it....and it's their trainers most used battling Pokémon.....but that's it, I promise. That's it.

Does it really matter who Ash uses here? I mean Team Rocket is going to interrupt anyway and once they do, Ash will probably use other Pokémon against TR.

dman_dustin

Does it really matter who Ash uses here? I mean Team Rocket is going to interrupt anyway and once they do, Ash will probably use other Pokémon against TR.

If you like Ash's Palpitoad, at all, then I doubt you'd be saying that.

Because I would've loved to see Palpitoad being used EVEN if it was interrupted.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Um yes. Ash has MANY other pokemon who could even use just a damn appearance.

People need to get the whole if the battle isn't finished it's pointless mentality out of their heads.

BlueDragonfangirl

Thats true, I'm dying to know if they are back to comedy now, guess will see.

If you like Ash's Palpitoad, at all, then I doubt you'd be saying that.

Because I would've loved to see Palpitoad being used EVEN if it was interrupted.

I DO like Palpitoad but that's not the point. Palpitoad actually got a draw in the League. I never understood the complaints some people had this season when it comes to Ash's Pokémon not getting proper screen time.

Thats true, I'm dying to know if they are back to comedy now, guess will see.

I doubt it.

Squirtle_007

There's a difference between giving Pikachu what it deserves and shoving it down our throats until we choke on it.

The writers have yet to make that distinction.

Especially when they don't care that another Pokémon gets screwed over in the process.

The thing keeps selling merchandise, that´s why it stills in the show hogging spotlight and screwing the rest of Ash´s team, you said it, it will be here forever ... and they will be sure that you won´t forget about it.

Completely irrelevant.

If your fanfiction has tons of sponsors and a team of marketing executives telling you what the audience preferes, you´ll have to suck it up and screw the least favorites, that´s how marketing works, you keep faith to your vision or you keep eating.

BlueDragonfangirl

I doubt it.

Well I hope so, if they must get in the middle of a battle at least be funny. I can understand when they are doing things like defeating Team Plasma but thisXD

BlueDragonfangirl

We have comedy this season. We no longer need them as comic relief. The show proved that. I think they are on their last legs.

whats this comedy you speak of? Every one has moments yes, I haven't really laughed as hard in this series as I did in the past thats me.

whats this comedy you speak of? Every one has moments yes, I haven't really laughed as hard in this series as I did in the past thats me.

Just because BW's comic relief hasn't worked for you doesn't mean they don't have comic relief. Oshawott, Scraggy, Axew, Iris and Georgia, Burgundy and Cilan, Bianca, Stephan, Alder, Ash, etc. were all used for comic relief. And in my opinion, they were much better comic relief than TRio has been for the last 2 sagas.

dman_dustin

If your fanfiction has tons of sponsors and a team of marketing executives telling you what the audience preferes, you´ll have to suck it up and screw the least favorites, that´s how marketing works, you keep faith to your vision or you keep eating.

Except I would never shove down those popular Pokémon down people's throats.

Why not accept that things are better in moderation?

If you constantly overindulge, and continue to overindulge, and it's somehow not dulling your appreciation for the things that you overindulge on then there is seriously something wrong with this world.

The world is already "fat" I am fat, but we don't need to condone it.

Honestly, people should like Pikachu because it shows up doing something cute, however you honestly can't get the same full effect, if it's done in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE, just about. Makes far more sense to make people hunger for something and then when they show it, it should be the best thing ever. Except when they "do" that method with other Pokémon, it's just not done right and they starve us.

Besides marketing doesn't work. This episodes are made in a year in advance, which is like nearly 52 episodes a year (well more like 48, with breaks and stuff) and that's not even counting all the written stuff they likely have BEFORE it comes into production.

Kind of hard to argue marketing when Pokémon are shoved down our throats on a daily basis, and yet who told me that was okay? Maybe I want Palpitoad shoved down my throat. Maybe I want to buy Palpitoad merchandise, but no somehow this world cares more about over indulging itself, and being okay with it.

BlueDragonfangirl

Just because BW's comic relief hasn't worked for you doesn't mean they don't have comic relief. Oshawott, Scraggy, Axew, Iris and Georgia, Burgundy and Cilan, Bianca, Stephan, Alder, Ash, etc. were all used for comic relief. And in my opinion, they were much better comic relief than TRio has been for the last 2 sagas.

I said they all had comical moments, I just felt didn't feel the comedy as much as I did in the past series.

Status
Not open for further replies.