• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2EN-1: Return to Juniper's Laboratory [FIRST POST UPDATED IN 01/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragonfangirl

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?

Squirtle_007

Except I would never shove down those popular Pokémon down people's throats.

Why not accept that things are better in moderation?

If you constantly overindulge, and continue to overindulge, and it's somehow not dulling your appreciation for the things that you overindulge on then there is seriously something wrong with this world.

The world is already "fat" I am fat, but we don't need to condone it.

Honestly, people should like Pikachu because it shows up doing something cute, however you honestly can't get the same full effect, if it's done in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE, just about. Makes far more sense to make people hunger for something and then when they show it, it should be the best thing ever. Except when they "do" that method with other Pokémon, it's just not done right and they starve us.

Besides marketing doesn't work. This episodes are made in a year in advance, which is like nearly 52 episodes a year (well more like 48, with breaks and stuff) and that's not even counting all the written stuff they likely have BEFORE it comes into production.

Kind of hard to argue marketing when Pokémon are shoved down our throats on a daily basis, and yet who told me that was okay? Maybe I want Palpitoad shoved down my throat. Maybe I want to buy Palpitoad merchandise, but no somehow this world cares more about over indulging itself, and being okay with it.

And when I´d said that I was OK with this?, I´m the first person that is sick of Ash and Pikachu and I´ve always said they should be in Mt. Silver not talking to each other so we can now watch Hilbert/Hilda/Nate/Rosa traveling or even on the League.

I´m just surprised that, after almost 16 years, people still act "surprised" that Ash spams Pikachu, that´s Ash´s only meaning: Spam Pikachu and screw over the rest of his team, he just captures them to give Prof. Oak something to be occupied at home.

Yes, balance is good, but costs is another thing that marketing has, what´s cheaper: Make Pikachu plushies that will surely sell out or make 649 (and counting) different plushies with less of the half selling out?, they don´t want "moderate" profits, they want BIG profits.

So, without comedy TR and interactions with comedy TR, humor does seem forced in this serie honestly to me. I always loved the interactions Ash and his friends had with Team Rocket when they were "funny". Yah, we do have comical moments every once in a while in this one.

Fix´d.

Seriously, nothing is more forced than a stupid giant machine emerging out of nowhere and awesome Pokémon like Arbok and Weezing getting pwned with ONE Quick Attack (-_-), getting serious was the best thing it could happen to them.

BlueDragonfangirl

Brock and Conway, yes.

But Conways more of a creepy Dawn stalkerXD But yes, he was funny that I agree with you on.

The ironic part of this is, you say Team Rocket's humor was horrible in the D/P series yet the only people you found funny was D/P Brock??? A lot of the people say he was the worst part of the series and that he was even better in AG.

But Conways more of a creepy Dawn stalkerXD But yes, he was funny that I agree with you on.

The ironic part of this is, you say Team Rocket's humor was horrible in the D/P series yet the only people you found funny was D/P Brock??? A lot of the people say he was the worst part of the series and that he was even better in AG.

Conway was hilarious XD

I never care what other people have to say on here. I form my own opinions. Brock to me was the funniest character in DP.

BlueDragonfangirl

Conway was hilarious XD

I never care what other people have to say on here. I form my own opinions. Brock to me was the funniest character in DP.

Why do you get so angry when people say older Team Rocket was better than BW Team Rocket than? I do admit, I miss that side to them but they are missing so much more than just humor in BW, will see how things turn out though.

Why do you get so angry when people say older Team Rocket was better than BW Team Rocket than? I do admit, I miss that side to them but they are missing so much more than just humor in BW, will see how things turn out though.

Because people's reasoning for hating BW TR are usually comprised of lies, hypocrisy and contradiction. Sorry but it's true. Not talking about you though.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I hope the Tepig will have different moves, compared to Ash's.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
More "glorification" and screentime for Pikachu could be a good thing. Maybe its a sign that Pikachu wont get too much attention later on

I guess, but that seems a bit unlikely given Pikachu's status as mascot. But Kiiiiii @ Pikachu fighting alongside Tepig; a Tepig with recycled attack scenes if I may add. If Pikachu gets knocked out but Tepig stays in the battle, I'm going to scream and holler all night long. It would be too hilarious, not to mention more evidence for my theory about Pikachu's level being reset again.

dman_dustin

I guess, but that seems a bit unlikely given Pikachu's status as mascot. But Kiiiiii @ Pikachu fighting alongside Tepig; a Tepig with recycled attack scenes if I may add. If Pikachu gets knocked out but Tepig stays in the battle, I'm going to scream and holler all night long. It would be too hilarious, not to mention more evidence for my theory about Pikachu's level being reset again.

Pikachu has legitimate reason for losing, it could be going up against Excadrill and Stunfisk.

I know Stunfisk doesn't seem like the best Pokémon but's immune to two of Pikachu's attack and resists and another. Only quick attack will do any real damage.

However if it's Axew and Crustle, then I can see people complaining.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Holy why does everyone think Pikachu was over-glorified? It beat serperior, a legit win, then it beat two pokemon, both of which it had a type advantage against, even a 4x advantage. Of anything it's embarrassing Pikachu didn't do more! I know this sounds crazy, but admit it, the only reason (some of you) hate on Pikachu this saga is because the other Pokémon didn't get enough screentime

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Holy why does everyone think Pikachu was over-glorified? It beat serperior, a legit win, then it beat two pokemon, both of which it had a type advantage against, even a 4x advantage. Of anything it's embarrassing Pikachu didn't do more! I know this sounds crazy, but admit it, the only reason (some of you) hate on Pikachu this saga is because the other Pokémon didn't get enough screentime

Um there is nothing legit about Pikachu 1 hit KOing a pokemon that nobody but the champion himself could touch. Are we supposed to believe that Pikachu is at the same level as a champions pokemon?? I call bull. And there were pokemon in that battle with Kotetsu that needed those wins much more then Pikachu that stared in 3 gyms and got more battles and wins then any other pokemon in Unova. Tell me what more you wanted to see him do?? What star in 7 gyms and be the only pokemon in the league to get wins -_-??

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Keep making a big deal out of a "teaching" battle and then whine about it when it happens.

It doesn't matter what pokemon are in the battle at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.