• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2EN-7 - The Pokémon Gulf Coast Relief Corps!! [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
I hope the guy in the watchog suit returns.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Title: Hurry Up! The Pokemon Gulf Coast Rescue Squad!!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Title: Hurry Up! The Pokemon Gulf Coast Rescue Squad!!

Ash and friends are coming to the Gulf Coast?! I wonder whether they'll visit Mississippi first, or go straight to New Orleans. :p

I don't like the sound of "rescue squad" though. Wasn't that what Virgil and his family did as a hobby? I don't want him to appear again so soon after the League. :x

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Hmmmm didn't expect that. . .Not happy about the ep. Hoped they continue the rescue misdion around wargle.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I don't like the sound of "rescue squad" though. Wasn't that what Virgil and his family did as a hobby? I don't want him to appear again so soon after the League. :x

Completely different term, which any competent translator would've thus translated differently for the express purpose of avoiding confusion with Virgil's operation.

"Hurry! The Pokémon Gulf Coast Relief Corps!!"

First post updated with title and a "summary".

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
While this episode sounds unique, I still have to ask "Why?" What possible purpose could this episode serve in the series?

I honestly could not see why this would ever be considered non filler.

There is just nothing that would point to this having any relevance. Not even if N was in it.

Eh maybe, but that's not so surprising, not every episode will have "relevance." We'll see what happens when we know more though.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Rescue Team and a Relief Corps. Sounds like there could be a storm or something and Watchog runs off or something.

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No pokemon shall escape our sight.
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware our power...
Relief Corp's Light!"

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Completely different term, which any competent translator would've thus translated differently for the express purpose of avoiding confusion with Virgil's operation.

"Hurry! The Pokémon Gulf Coast Relief Corps!!"

First post updated with title and a "summary".

Why is there such a problem about a perfect translation of the title? Sqaud/Team/Group/Corp? Yes, different things, but they're all pretty similar.

Why would there be a confusion if it was "Rescue Squad"? It's not like the title mentions Eevee or Virgil.

And Dephender, Dogasu is competent, so why do you belittle people's translations when they're basically the same, even if there's only like one or two punctuational errors and act like yours is perfect sometimes? I'm not trying to be mean, but it's not like you're the only competent translator around here?

With the summary? I like it and I'm quite curious as to what this episode will completely be about.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Why is there such a problem about a perfect translation of the title? Sqaud/Team/Group/Corp? Yes, different things, but they're all pretty similar.

Why would there be a confusion if it was "Rescue Squad"? It's not like the title mentions Eevee or Virgil.

And Dephender, Dogasu is competent, so why do you belittle people's translations when they're basically the same, even if there's only like one or two punctuational errors and act like yours is perfect sometimes? I'm not trying to be mean, but it's not like you're the only competent translator around here?

I don't know who translated it, but it IS an unfortunate translation that leads people to think about Virgil, something it's not intended to do. A translation that gets the completely wrong idea across is not a good translation. And of course people are going to think this refers to Virgil's rescue squad when you write "rescue squad", come on. Two of the three posts made before an explanation was posted thought this referred to him.

It's the exact same situation as with the term 保育園 in BWS2 11's title. People can argue up and down that it can technically be translated as "day care", but that translation is going to make people assume it refers to what the game calls Day Cares.. and since it isn't, it shouldn't be translated that way.

A translation that's almost impossible to NOT misunderstand is not a good translation.

(also: Dogasu is definitely competent, and his Japanese is absolutely better than mine. But you made no mention of where this translation came from; could've been Google Translate for all I knew, and this thread is living proof that it was confusing and misleading. Am I supposed to excuse its very real shortcomings now that you told me where it came from?)

Last edited:

IcySealeo

It feels like an episode focusing Watchog should fit in the early days of BW. But I'm okay with Watchog starring in an episode.

The summary states that Watchog is a guard/lookout, right? I wonder if the entire thing is Watchog or if it's made of other Pokemon along with Watchog.

RickHoenn

Banned
The title sounds interesting, it may be a filler and there's nothing wrong with that, this ep comes after an N/Team Plasma episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.