• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2EN-8 - Charizard [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
What crisis? I feel like most everyone realized that it is likely just flashbacks, save a few who initially misunderstood the context of the episode. The excitement stems out of seeing Misty and Brock again, even if it is "old material."

Over here things were settled, but you should see those twitter and tumblr accounts or even devianart art accounts where people are throwing celebrations because they think Misty and Brock are joining Ash's group.

The same thing happened back in 2007 when the Misty lure appeared in Buizel's capture episode. Kasumi's VA made a comment and people sat there for all 4 years of DP expecting to see Misty but she never actually showed up.

I can tell this won't stop anytime soon. (>.>)

Flashbacks will be nice. I think it'll probably show Charizard's capture as a Charmander, the emotional moments in the cave and probably its disobedient streak.

UnovaCastaway

I would love a Charizard vs Articuno flashback :D

Seconded!

Other than the flashbacks, I really hope they show or make references to other Kanto Pokemon, specifically the legendaries. (they could even add a bit of movie foreshadowing)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Hopefully they'll be a bunch of flashbacks and a bunch of talking from Misty & Brock.

The flashbacks focus on Charizard. The only reason Misty and Brock are even in the flashbacks because they were obviously in the same episodes Charizard was in.

This is a Charizard focused episode, not a Kanto trio episode.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I honestly don't see a bunch of flashbacks like spread out, like some stereotypical flash back episode of a ton of shows. I think there will just be a few brief flashes of pictures of charizard moments and then maybe one or two really shorts clips, maybe during the two evolution scenes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well at least the crisis of the voice actors and the flashbacks was finally settled. I see everyone is calmed down again now that we know what is going on. The mere fact that we already have scans of the episode should have said enough in itself.

But again, what does it matter if they're just flashback scenes? What, are Brock and Misty still irrelevant because they're not appearing in the flesh? And if other people are excited about them, then maybe you should just let them be. I mean I've never seen anyone so pressed over mere flashbacks. I thought you of all people would at least be a little relieved to know that these characters weren't forgotten about by the writers since you're one of the few people who still seems to think that BW is a "reboot" as evidenced by the numerous threads you've created on the subject. P.S. I don't expect you to respond to my whole post or even pieces of it, but I thought I might as well spill some tea while I was here.

But enough truth tea on my part. I just want to know what happened to the whole Charizard vs. Dragonite thing. Like, wasn't that one of the main points of this episode? Yet all we've really learned recently is that we're getting tons of flashbacks. Is the battle just going to last a couple of seconds or something?

ludiloco

Yeah, this is it, I can't wait for this episode's preview tomorrow, so far the pics and info we've got makes it a "must-watch" episode.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
But again, what does it matter if they're just flashback scenes? What, are Brock and Misty still irrelevant because they're not appearing in the flesh? And if other people are excited about them, then maybe you should just let them be. I mean I've never seen anyone so pressed over mere flashbacks. I thought you of all people would at least be a little relieved to know that these characters weren't forgotten about by the writers since you're one of the few people who still seems to think that BW is a "reboot" as evidenced by the numerous threads you've created on the subject. P.S. I don't expect you to respond to my whole post or even pieces of it, but I thought I might as well spill some tea while I was here.

But enough truth tea on my part. I just want to know what happened to the whole Charizard vs. Dragonite thing. Like, wasn't that one of the main points of this episode? Yet all we've really learned recently is that we're getting tons of flashbacks. Is the battle just going to last a couple of seconds or something?

I think that the end of the episode will be dragonite and charizars on that shot we saw of them staring down, and then they might start battling for just like a few minutes, before plasma comes in. Then it cliffhangs to the next episode for dragonite to be taken over.

Bluelatios*

But again, what does it matter if they're just flashback scenes? What, are Brock and Misty still irrelevant because they're not appearing in the flesh? And if other people are excited about them, then maybe you should just let them be. I mean I've never seen anyone so pressed over mere flashbacks. I thought you of all people would at least be a little relieved to know that these characters weren't forgotten about by the writers since you're one of the few people who still seems to think that BW is a "reboot" as evidenced by the numerous threads you've created on the subject.

^That really is the damn truth! (and excuse my language) If a character's fanbase is still strong, so is the character's relevancy. Heck, it doesn't even matter who Pokemon's targeted at, and I know sooner or later someone will throw that out there. Excitement leads to hope which leads to high spirits in the community; something that's been generally long overdue. Even if all these nods to older fans can be considered "gimmicks", its still one small step forward so I'll take that any day.

I am Lu

Over here things were settled, but you should see those twitter and tumblr accounts or even devianart art accounts where people are throwing celebrations because they think Misty and Brock are joining Ash's group.

The same thing happened back in 2007 when the Misty lure appeared in Buizel's capture episode. Kasumi's VA made a comment and people sat there for all 4 years of DP expecting to see Misty but she never actually showed up.

I'm not sure why you're so concerned about this? If people want to be excited about it, then let them be excited about it. It's not our job to police the happiness of other people.

Speculation is just that: Speculation. I am confident you will get by if there are fans out there who are hoping Misty will have a fuller cameo or even a return to the series. Yes, it might be improbable, but they're certainly not asking you for your opinion. When they do, then you can say, "It's probably not going to happen."

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Well the only reason why it could be fair to I guess differ other peoples opinion About these things is mostly just because some of those said people could start bashing the anime because things that were likely to happen end up being different from what they expect/hope/want to happen.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Well at least the crisis of the voice actors and the flashbacks was finally settled. I see everyone is calmed down again now that we know what is going on. The mere fact that we already have scans of the episode should have said enough in itself.

You aren't the excitement cops, let people be happy if they choose to. Why do you care so much in the first place? Ugh.

Anyway, I hope we get a flashback to Hanako and her Barriered, I always thought it was a cool Pokemon and wish we saw more of it.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Well, there is where you get it wrong. Charizard is officially stronger than Pikachu and Snorlax. The summary says: "When the two travelled together, Charizard was his strongest pokemon, and help him out a lot".

At that time, Ash already had Pikachu and Snorlax with him. So none of them can be stronger then Charizard. Infernape has to rely on his ability to perhaps be stronger, and that itself makes him weaker. So Sceptile is the only one that could compare to Charizard, but I personally thinks he is on the same level of Snorlax and Pikachu, but no Charizard.
It isn't that important anyway, just to say Charizard will beat Dragonite. If there's going to be a winner in that battle.

It'd be great if they show Charmander with Damien. I doubt it anyway. But I'm happy enough with them showing all the epic battles Charizard had.

It seems like the summary is just trying to hype Charizard up? I don't think it's official.

Really, why can't this episode air tomorrow instead of that filler xD. This is taking so long.

We don't know if it is a filler or not.

Anyway, flashback or not, I'm kind of happy to see 2 3rds of the original trio.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
It seems like the summary is just trying to hype Charizard up? I don't think it's official.
It certainly isn't official, summaries do that all the time. It even said Iris's battle against Shaga would be a "revenge" battle and that was false since nothing about revenge was mentioned in that episode.

I am Lu

Well the only reason why it could be fair to I guess differ other peoples opinion About these things is mostly just because some of those said people could start bashing the anime because things that were likely to happen end up being different from what they expect/hope/want to happen.

On the flip side, you can't police disappointment, either.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm not sure why you're so concerned about this? If people want to be excited about it, then let them be excited about it. It's not our job to police the happiness of other people.

Speculation is just that: Speculation. I am confident you will get by if there are fans out there who are hoping Misty will have a fuller cameo or even a return to the series. Yes, it might be improbable, but they're certainly not asking you for your opinion. When they do, then you can say, "It's probably not going to happen."

I've been in the fandom since 2003, and over this last decade I've constantly seen people overreact over the most miniscule of Misty news and blow it out of proportion. Something like THIS is absolutely nothing.

Misty got the same flashbacks back in Battle Frontier when Charizard returned to battle Brandon. They showed Misty in those same flashbacks of her running in the rain with Charmander. Why is it back then nobody cared when Misty was in a flashback, yet now people are making a big deal out of it when its going to be a 1 minute scene at most? The flashbacks are for Charizard, they are NOT even about Misty or Brock.

On the same token not sure why you alerted the Pokeshipping thread about this, you're just setting them up for disappointment. Its not Ash remembering Misty, its Ash remembering Charizard and the writers not edited out characters from old clips they're using.

ludiloco

Did you watch the Charicific Valley episode? Team Rocket mention the twerps are full loaded with many pokemon, and even if TRio used all their pokemon at the same time they wouldn't stand a chance against Charizard.

In the anime it's been officially stated a couple of times that Charizard was Ash's strongest pokemon, while this never happened with his other powerhouses (specially Sceptile and Infernape). It's not hype.

diakyu

Do people really not think Pikachu isn't Ash's strongest? When Pikachu is at his best he can defeat almost anything (or at least end it in a draw), but that's besides the point.

Anyways, I guess with how much stuff is in this episode Charizard vs Dragonite will be won with a victor who won quickly and easily.

Edit: The anime has also mentioned Pikachu as his strongest a few times -_- This is just too unclear to draw a conclusion.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
Did you watch the Charicific Valley episode? Team Rocket mention the twerps are full loaded with many pokemon, and even if TRio used all their pokemon at the same time they wouldn't stand a chance against Charizard.

In the anime it's been officially stated a couple of times that Charizard was Ash's strongest pokemon, while this never happened with his other powerhouses (specially Sceptile and Infernape). It's not hype.

The writing style has simply changed to where the writers are less inclined to take any risks, especially with ranking pokemon power or out of the blue storylines out of fear of offending some random person.

Do people really not think Pikachu isn't Ash's strongest? When Pikachu is at his best he can defeat almost anything (or at least end it in a draw), but that's besides the point.

Anyways, I guess with how much stuff is in this episode Charizard vs Dragonite will be won with a victor who won quickly and easily.

Edit: The anime has also mentioned Pikachu as his strongest a few time -_- This is just too unclear to draw a conclusion.

Actions speak louder than words.

Status
Not open for further replies.