• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2EN-8 - Charizard [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering how Charizard will meet up with Satoshi. I mean, Unova's a faraway region and even though Charizard's trained and all, I don't think flying that distance would happen. Blah, I have no clue. :/

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm still wondering how Charizard will meet up with Satoshi. I mean, Unova's a faraway region and even though Charizard's trained and all, I don't think flying that distance would happen. Blah, I have no clue. :/

Anime physics :p

LizardonX

Banned

This isn't some random pidgey lol. This is CHARIZARD

ludiloco

Do people really not think Pikachu isn't Ash's strongest? When Pikachu is at his best he can defeat almost anything (or at least end it in a draw), but that's besides the point.

Pikachu is Ash's main pokemon, it's like he's allowed to have those kind of victories. Charizard's wins seems more legit (except the one against Golem xD)

Edit: The anime has also mentioned Pikachu as his strongest a few times -_- This is just too unclear to draw a conclusion.

I don't remember the anime stating that, but if it did maybe it was because Charizard wasn't around anymore, but as you said, it's just too unclear.

The writing style has simply changed to where the writers are less inclined to take any risks, especially with ranking pokemon power or out of the blue storylines out of fear of offending some random person.

Yeah but that won't stop it from being official.

Lucas MV

Doesn't the pokedex say that Dragonite can fly over the world in a few hours? I'm pretty sure Charizard could fly from Johto to Unova...

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Did you watch the Charicific Valley episode? Team Rocket mention the twerps are full loaded with many pokemon, and even if TRio used all their pokemon at the same time they wouldn't stand a chance against Charizard.

In the anime it's been officially stated a couple of times that Charizard was Ash's strongest pokemon, while this never happened with his other powerhouses (specially Sceptile and Infernape). It's not hype.

You're kidding right? Yeah, they mentioned it back then, not now.

Things could've changed now even if it was mentioned back then and it doesn't matter whoever mentioned it, because the only way they could find out is if Charizard battled all of Ash's Pokemon and even that wouldn't make it official.

They hype things up a lot, so that's all it is, I'm sure.

Pikachu is Ash's main pokemon, it's like he's allowed to have those kind of victories. Charizard's wins seems more legit (except the one against Golem xD)

I don't remember the anime stating that, but if it did maybe it was because Charizard wasn't around anymore, but as you said, it's just too unclear.

Yeah but that won't stop it from being official.

Oh shut it.

Charizard's wins are more legitimate? Who the heck do you think you are spouting "facts" like that?

And they said that when Charizard wasn't around? That wouldn't matter because all of his Pokemon would still be taken into account.

Says who? It could still stop it.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
Pokedex entries are kind of farfetched, but I do believe a Dragonite can do that. But, I don't want to go back and forth with what Charizard can do.
*Is only here for Kasumi*

*gasp* You traitor! I thought you liked charizard!

I hope the flashbacks don't take upwaste too much time that could be used on a Dragontosterone clash,

ludiloco

You're kidding right? Yeah, they mentioned it back then, not now.

Things could've changed now even if it was mentioned back then and it doesn't matter whoever mentioned it, because the only way they could find out is if Charizard battled all of Ash's Pokemon and even that wouldn't make it official.

They hype things up a lot, so that's all it is, I'm sure.

I'm not kidding, as I said it before, no other pokemon were mentioned as the strongest, only Charizard.

And it is being mentioned now, Charizard was Ash's strongest pokemon in his journey between kanto and Johto, and maybe it's back to retain that recognition (...or promotion... or whatever...)

Ok I'll stop with that, it makes me sound like I'm bias about Charizard, which is not, I'm just using lines stated in the anime, nothing else.

I am Lu

I've been in the fandom since 2003, and over this last decade I've constantly seen people overreact over the most miniscule of Misty news and blow it out of proportion. Something like THIS is absolutely nothing.

Misty got the same flashbacks back in Battle Frontier when Charizard returned to battle Brandon. They showed Misty in those same flashbacks of her running in the rain with Charmander. Why is it back then nobody cared when Misty was in a flashback, yet now people are making a big deal out of it when its going to be a 1 minute scene at most? The flashbacks are for Charizard, they are NOT even about Misty or Brock.

On the same token not sure why you alerted the Pokeshipping thread about this, you're just setting them up for disappointment. Its not Ash remembering Misty, its Ash remembering Charizard and the writers not edited out characters from old clips they're using.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to qualify your apparent "expertise" on the fandom with how many years you've been involved. I suppose to diminish or discount my views on the matter? After all, I can't possibly say anything of worth if I haven't been on the forums for as long. Oh dear me! I should have just kept my mouth shut.

Anyway, I've been a part of Pokemon fandom for just as long, but had I only been a recent fan or a follower since AG or even DP, it would not matter.

I don't think that many people are blowing this out of proportion. If anything, you're blowing fans' reactions to Misty having a speaking role out of proportion. I have yet to see anyone propose that Misty is returning as a full-time companion. Unless you're speaking about people generally being happy to see Misty show up in a flashback, then little has been overexaggerated. It's perfectly justified for people to be excited. These are re-animated scenes, and personally, I'm excited to see Misty and Brock in BW animation style. Just because you aren't excited doesn't mean other people can't be, nor that they are wrong for being excited. Don't rain on other peoples parades. If it's really that bothersome to you, then sign off on the Internet for the next couple of weeks, because there is nothing you can or should do to make others stop being excited. It just seems to me that you're fruitlessly trying to beat down on others who are happy Misty and Brock are receiving acknowledgment. It's not accomplishing anything, unless your goal is to make other people think you're a sourpuss.

And excuse you, I was not the one who sounded the alert on the Pokeshipping thread. Even if I had, why would it matter? It's worth discussion within the shipping forums, and it's not your prerogative to take that space away from other fans. Moreover, why are you even bringing this up here? Shipping discussion and speculation is in a different vein than that of episode discussion and speculation. I also can't see how I set other participants "up for disappointment." I gave the straight facts of the matter: the VA list was released, Mayumi Lizuka tweeted about it, and I conceded that it's very likely these are flashbacks. But, you're actually referring to the fact that I mentioned it's cool she's getting an appearance in what is presumably Ash's flashback - which means, yes, he hasn't forgotten her, even if the focus is on Charizard. This is in reference to the many Pokemon fans (including yourself, I believe) who think BW is a reboot and that Ash's old traveling aren't important to him anymore.

Bluelatios*

I've been in the fandom since 2003, and over this last decade I've constantly seen people overreact over the most miniscule of Misty news and blow it out of proportion. Something like THIS is absolutely nothing.

Misty got the same flashbacks back in Battle Frontier when Charizard returned to battle Brandon. They showed Misty in those same flashbacks of her running in the rain with Charmander. Why is it back then nobody cared when Misty was in a flashback, yet now people are making a big deal out of it when its going to be a 1 minute scene at most? The flashbacks are for Charizard, they are NOT even about Misty or Brock.

On the same token not sure why you alerted the Pokeshipping thread about this, you're just setting them up for disappointment. Its not Ash remembering Misty, its Ash remembering Charizard and the writers not edited out characters from old clips they're using.

Listen, if fans want to "blow things out of proportion" in excitement at the mere sight of one of Pokemon anime's most popular characters, so what? I'm sorry but boasting about your time in the fandom like its some kind of trophy isn't helping any of us understand why you care so much about putting the Misty fans down. And don't worry, Charizard's still getting plenty of well-deserved fan hype in this thread, but today is a different day.

edit; I think I've been effectively ninja'd by the above post.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Listen, if fans want to "blow things out of proportion" in excitement at the mere sight of one of Pokemon anime's most popular characters, so what? I'm sorry but boasting about your time in the fandom like its some kind of trophy isn't helping any of us understand why you care so much about putting the Misty fans down. And don't worry, Charizard's still getting plenty of well-deserved fan hype in this thread, but today is a different day.

Because it doesn't make sense. Nobody made a big deal when Dawn mentioned Brock TWICE during her cameo. Everyone was like, "Oh, Brock got a mention" and we left it at that.

Misty's flashback scene will be nothing more than her commenting on Charizard from various Kanto or Johto clips. That's it. The flashbacks aren't focusing on Misty/Brock, they're about Charizard and will just show whoever was in the original scenes of those episodes. Same reason Koga, Blaine, etc. are being shown.

People make a big deal out of nothing.

ludiloco

Oh shut it.

Charizard's wins are more legitimate? Who the heck do you think you are spouting "facts" like that?

And they said that when Charizard wasn't around? That wouldn't matter because all of his Pokemon would still be taken into account.

Says who? It could still stop it.

Oh I won't xD

What I see in the anime is what I'm posting right here, if Charizard's wins were bs to you then you're free to say that, and I'm free to disagree.

Like I said int the previous post, I don't even remember when it was stated that Pikachu was Ash's strongest.

Since when something stops being official in any anime? For Pete's sake, has there even been any gender switch or something like that for it to stop being official?

Kopyii

You should really take this advice to heart and take a step back from this thread, the positive reaction to her appearance is being completely dwarfed by your obnoxious need to cause conflict with others over things that don't matter.

I am Lu

Because it doesn't make sense. Nobody made a big deal when Dawn mentioned Brock TWICE during her cameo. Everyone was like, "Oh, Brock got a mention" and we left it at that.

Misty's flashback scene will be nothing more than her commenting on Charizard from various Kanto or Johto clips. That's it. The flashbacks aren't focusing on Misty/Brock, they're about Charizard and will just show whoever was in the original scenes of those episodes. Same reason Koga, Blaine, etc. are being shown.

You're forgetting that Brock was Ash's traveling companion for AG and DP. His character, while still loved, has been exhausted. People were happy when he got a mention, but for someone like Misty who hasn't had a speaking role since AG, it's kind of cool. Moreover, as I explained in my previous post, there are other reasons for fans to be excited, such as seeing her in BW animation style.

You also speak like you've already seen the episode. None of us have. We don't know for sure what's happening. It's pretty clear these are likely going to be flashbacks, but we don't know what she or Brock will be saying. Just give it a rest and let people speculate until the actual airing of the episode. A little speculation never hurt anyone.

Maybe it's nothing to you, but it's something to me, and it's something to many other fans. Stop trying to take that away from us. It's not accomplishing anything.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You're forgetting that Brock was Ash's traveling companion for AG and DP. His character, while still loved, has been exhausted. People were happy when he got a mention, but for someone like Misty who hasn't had a speaking role since AG, it's kind of cool. Moreover, as I explained in my previous post, there are other reasons for fans to be excited, such as seeing her in BW animation style.

You also speak like you've already seen the episode. None of us have. We don't know for sure what's happening. It's pretty clear these are likely going to be flashbacks, but we don't know what she or Brock will be saying. Just give it a rest and let people speculate until the actual airing of the episode. A little speculation never hurt anyone.

Maybe it's nothing to you, but it's something to me, and it's something to many other fans. Stop trying to take that away from us. It's not accomplishing anything.

I just don't see flashbacks as a big deal. Its not, "new material" so to speak. Its like watching reruns, you can't go back to an old Johto ep and watch it now and say, "Oh Misty is back," as if its a new episode. Its an old episode you're watching as a rerun. That's what flashbacks are.

Squirtle_007

It looks like someone is upset because May & Max are the only ones that won´t have even a mention in BW :D

Yay for Misty being in a flashback, hopefully, they will be better than AG BF flashbacks that had things that never happened

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.