• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2EN-8 - Charizard [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

team rocket4ever

misty and brock !!. is the opening can be updated

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It looks like something is upset because May & Max are the only ones that won´t have even a mention in BW :D

Yay for Misty being in a flashback, hopefully, they will be better than AG BF flashbacks that had things that never happened

They're probably going to show Charizard Vs. Articuno from AG. And as I said, I couldn't care less about flashbacks.

Bluelatios*

The actual length and focus of the flashback, or even the fact its a mere flashback isn't even the point here. Even if ultimately, it won't be enough for many of them, people make a big deal because they need to quench their thirst to see their favorite character. That's the bottom line. Its simply an assertion to how much incredible impact this character had on the fans. There's nothing abnormal about it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The actual length and focus of the flashback, or even the fact its a mere flashback isn't even the point here. Even if ultimately, it won't be enough for many of them, people make a big deal because they need to quench their thirst to see their favorite character. That's the bottom line. Its simply an assertion to how much incredible impact this character had on the fans. There's nothing abnormal about it.

You do realize the people overhyped about a flashback scene are the minority, right? Most people don't seem to care because its just that...a flashback. They have these all the time in Pokemon.

I am Lu

I just don't see flashbacks as a big deal. Its not, "new material" so to speak. Its like watching reruns, you can't go back to an old Johto ep and watch it now and say, "Oh Misty is back," as if its a new episode. Its an old episode you're watching as a rerun. That's what flashbacks are.

Two words: New. Animation.

It may be old material, but it's still new animation. That's something worth getting excited over. Moreover, there's always the possibility of Ash saying something about it. Maybe it will happen. Maybe it won't. We won't know until it airs.

Again, maybe it's not a big deal to you, but it is to others. Stop trying to make others feel bad for being excited. Excitement is not a bad emotion. However, resentment, especially resentment for something a petty as fans being excited over a couple of popular characters getting a brief cameo, is.

Squirtle_007

They're probably going to show Charizard Vs. Articuno from AG. And as I said, I couldn't care less about flashbacks.

Who said I was talking about you :confused: ?

Let´s see if they show Misty in her crappy Judy Jetson outfit she used in AG along with Charizard, yeah, that didn´t happen, but AG BF´s flashbacks were a mess.

And about Brock ... the less, the merrier.

Maybe this should be in the unpopular opinions thread but I don´t give a crap about Charizard, yeah, he´s way more cooler than Emo Infernape but ... meh, makes me wonder why people tend to rank as "Ash´s powerhouses" to Pokémon that had previous trainers.

Bluelatios*

Like I said, for most Misty fans, the flashbacks won't be enough. But frankly, only a minority even know about this whole thing, and yet the majority of comments about it on various websites are highly positive. That seems pretty significant. Now is really no time to talk about minorities, especially if that assumption is based only on speculation. On the topic of animation, I'm kind of on the fence myself. But its still better to get something reanimated in a nod to past events than nothing at all.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Like I said, for most Misty fans, the flashbacks won't be enough. But frankly, only a minority even know about this whole thing, and yet the majority of comments about it on various websites are highly positive. That seems pretty significant. Now is really no time to talk about minorities, especially if that assumption is based only on speculation. On the topic of animation, I'm kind of on the fence myself. But its still better to get something reanimated in a nod to past events than nothing at all.

Misty appeared in a picture on Brock's wall in his special, people made the same big deal out of a little detail.

We have summaries for this episode, they do not mention Misty or Brock at all. We have scans of scenes from these episodes, no old characters are there other than Charizard. We know from the titles of future episodes right after this one that no old characters are in it as they're Team Plasma episodes.

Once the episode airs and you see the flashback sequence goes for a minute or so long focusing on CHARIZARD and not Ash's friends, you'll see why this isn't a big deal.

I am Lu

I think the new animation makes it worse, actually. People like to remember Kanto with the old hand-drawn animation. Seeing those classic scenes re-animated in BW style removes the nostalgia...IMO.

I like BW style. So... yeah. Different opinions. That doesn't make me wrong for being excited. That doesn't make you wrong for not being excited, either.

Once the episode airs and you see the flashback sequence goes for a minute or so long focusing on CHARIZARD and not Ash's friends, you'll see why this isn't a big deal.

Again, not a big deal to you. I appreciate Misty appearing on Brock's wall. I will appreciate her showing up briefly for a flashback, too.

LizardonX

Banned
I think we all forgot something here. Charizard is the most important part of this episode. They probably in the flashback montage included a development scene that happened to have misty in it. I just hope the forums aren't filled with broken dreams and crushed souls shouting their anger for all the world to see if she literally got one line while not even in proper focus.

Graham Aker

Pikachu is Satoshi's strongest Pokemon. I don't seriously see how anyone thinks Lizardon takes that award.

Probably because Pikachu is so inconsistent. The fully evolved Pokemon generally have better track records than the former does, whose only really strong at the very end of a saga.

I am Lu

I think we all forgot something here. Charizard is the most important part of this episode. They probably in the flashback montage included a development scene that happened to have misty in it. I just hope the forums aren't filled with broken dreams and crushed souls shouting their anger for all the world to see if she literally got one line while not even in proper focus.

Most everyone acknowledges these are likely brief flashbacks in which Misty and Brock appear. I mean, it's significant enough for Misty's VA to tweet about, so that's something.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Most everyone acknowledges these are likely brief flashbacks in which Misty and Brock appear. I mean, it's significant enough for Misty's VA to tweet about, so that's something.

On this forum, maybe. As I said, look through the various twitter, tumblr, deviantart, etc. accounts who are first hearing the news of this now. They're literally sitting there thinking Misty's returning to the show.

LizardonX

Banned
Probably because Pikachu is so inconsistent. The fully evolved Pokemon generally have better track records than the former does, whose only really strong at the very end of a saga.

I know, if Pikachu was his strongest does that make every pokemon who defeated pikachu without getting defeated back stronger than everything ash has?

What someone ate for breakfast can be significant enough to be twitter worthy.

I am Lu

On this forum, maybe. As I said, look through the various twitter, tumblr, deviantart, etc. accounts who are first hearing the news of this now. They're literally sitting there thinking Misty's returning to the show.

Where are these people? I am a part of these communities. If they exist, they are a very small minority.

Again, as I've said time and time again, it's not our job to police the speculation and excitement of others.

IWhat someone ate for breakfast can be significant enough to be twitter worthy.

Fair point, but I doubt she would have mentioned it if it was totally worthless.

I am Lu

That is not a reaction to the recent news of Misty and Brock's VAs returning for BW116. That is a reaction to B2W2 and the news of the world cup. These are two different things.

Moreover, Miya did not say they are permanently returning to show, as you suggested. She said (admittedly, probably too boldly) that they will have a guest role. Guess what? Brock and Misty VAs returning is a guest role, even if it is very small.

Last edited:

Squirtle_007

This is the Pokémon anime, and this is the Bash and Whine season, broken dreams and crushed souls shouting their anger for all the world will most likely happen, it´s a circle:
- Magazine summary/preview video airs
- Fandoms starts to speculate
- Episode airs
- Fandom gets dissapointed because Oshawott didn´t evolved things didn´t happened exactly the same way they wanted it

Yeah, Brock´s Steelix will de-evolve or he just went crazy with his unseen breeding abilities

Bluelatios*

Yeah...its also Serebii forums, where people get away with it too. Can't really blame em' considering the state of the anime, but still it would be nice if there was much more talk about what people do like than what they don't. Like Charizard, Misty, and Brock. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.