• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2EN-8 - Charizard [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah...its also Serebii forums, where people get away with it too. Can't really blame em' considering the state of the anime, but still it would be nice if there was much more talk about what people do like than what they don't. Like Charizard, Misty, and Brock. :)

I don't know what's giving you this impression. Said characters don't seem to have any more popularity than the others. Which is why you often see negative opinions flying around some of the time.

LizardonX

Banned
Yeah...its also Serebii forums, where people get away with it too. Can't really blame em' considering the state of the anime, but still it would be nice if there was much more talk about what people do like than what they don't. Like Charizard, Misty, and Brock. :)

Uh what? You people get away with bashing piplup all the frigging time. But I suppose since you don't like the penguin you automatically ignore them and zoom in on anything that doesn't show love to misty.

So an outline of the episode I guess IMO

Ash and co walks into city
Ash falls in love with carnival
Everyone enjoys themselves
Ash and co sees oak on stage
They meet and stuff.
Charmander is brought out.
Charmander is messing up.
Ash remembers charizard.
Cue flashback sequence.
Iris says thats just like dragonite.
Then it is revealed that dragonite was missing.
He got hungry and wanted some food and when the cotton candy man demanded payment, he smashed the guy's kart and threatened to knock his lights out.
ATM charizard is flying over Unova. He thinks about Ash
He sees a man about to be killed by a rampaging dragonite.
Charizard touches down and saves the man.
Ash meets up with them.
iris recalls dragonite.
Ash gets burned.
Dragonite busts out and wants more.
They have the burning scene.
TP activates their plan.

Bluelatios*

To be fair, just about everything of every game or anime in existence has some negative opinions attached. But anyways, I'd rather not turn this thread into an entirely different discussion. I'll just say that there's a lot more places out there than just forums and such.

PS; Piplup is indeed a fine example of where bashing gets out of hand. I'm not exactly a fan of it per se, but I've got no disagreement with ya there pokemonsquared.

Last edited:

Ke$ha

Banned
On this forum, maybe. As I said, look through the various twitter, tumblr, deviantart, etc. accounts who are first hearing the news of this now. They're literally sitting there thinking Misty's returning to the show.

Omg but how come that bothers you?? I say let people believe what they want and not worry about it if its not effecting you. I dont know why you or any body else is getting stressed over a flash back sequence and it doesnt make sense to me that some body who hates Misty is spending soooo much energy and time talkin about her :(

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Omg but how come that bothers you?? I say let people believe what they want and not worry about it if its not effecting you. I dont know why you or any body else is getting stressed over a flash back sequence and it doesnt make sense to me that some body who hates Misty is spending soooo much energy and time talkin about her :(

I don't have any problem with the character. I just don't want people setting themselves up for disappointment like they did in early DP during 2007. The same thing happened back then.

Bluelatios*

Unfortunately, there's little anyone can do about that. Quite a few have already been disappointed for a long time. And to the average person, the longer disappointment lingers over something held dear, the more they cling to the tiniest slivers of hope. Its just the natural reaction.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Unfortunately, there's little anyone can do about that. Quite a few have already been disappointed for a long time. And to the average person, the longer disappointment lingers over something held dear, the more they cling to the tiniest slivers of hope. Its just the natural reaction.

It's a cartoon. Anyone who has traumatized in real life over a cartoon character probably should get the help they need. The show is aimed at 5 year olds, the characters are not meant to be cried over.

Bluelatios*

Well, I wouldn't put it in an extreme manner like that, I don't think many are THAT upset. But still, Pokemon's pretty important to a lot of people. Think of it this way; I'm pretty sure Pokemon means a lot to you, considering you keep going and still can't get over the negative impact you had with Johto, am I correct? So I guess the real question is to ask why so many people care about other aspects of the show so much, and its because at some point, Pokemon had a positive impact on them that keeps them going.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well, I wouldn't put it in an extreme manner like that, I don't think many are THAT upset. But still, Pokemon's pretty important to a lot of people. Think of it this way; I'm pretty sure Pokemon means a lot to you, considering you keep going and still can't get over the negative impact you had with Johto, am I correct? So I guess the real question is to ask why so many people care about other aspects of the show so much, and its because at some point, Pokemon had a positive impact on them that keeps them going.

I watch tons of other cartoons and TV shows outside of Pokemon. If the show ended after this series I wouldn't care, it ran over 16 years. This is not something anyone can't give up easily.

I am Lu

You can't monitor other people's emotions. People are going to be excited over Misty's VA returning for the episode. People are going to be disappointed. That's the way it is. Stop making a circus of it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You can'y monitor other people's emotions. People are going to be excited over Misty's VA returning for the episode. People are going to be disappointed. That's the way it is. Stop making a circus of it.

For the record are we sure Kasumi's VA re-recorded the lines? Koga, Damien and I think Blaine's VA's are listed for this episode too, but apparently they're just using the old Kanto clips of their voices instead of creating new ones. Seems really odd to me for her VA to re-record the 3-5 lines of this in flashback form.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I wouldn't have said it so bluntly, but I agree. Nothing but truth tea, especially the part about wasting time and energy on a trivial matter.

Ironically enough though, this episode really is starting to catch my interest. It seemed kind of average when we just knew about Charmander and the Kanto fair, then it got more interesting when we had confirmation about Ash's Charizard, but now it's really shaping up to be one of the most fascinating, polarizing episodes of BW and maybe the entire series in general. I'm still super pressed about the lack of information regarding how Charizard vs. Dragonite will be handled, but the rest is enough to make up for that.

You can't monitor other people's emotions. People are going to be excited over Misty's VA returning for the episode. People are going to be disappointed. That's the way it is. Stop making a circus of it.

All eyes on Misty in the center of the ring just like a circus. ♪

Okay, I'll stop now. :p

Bluelatios*

Depends on your point of view, I guess. Pokemon has varying degrees of importance, to different people and a lot of them have had very memorable experiences. Anyways, my point is that its really not that hard to believe why people make big deals out of things. People just do that because they're human. And darn it, I'm slow and more ninja'd than before XD.

I am Lu

For the record are we sure Kasumi's VA re-recorded the lines? Koga, Damien and I think Blaine's VA's are listed for this episode too, but apparently they're just using the old Kanto clips of their voices instead of creating new ones. Seems really odd to me for her VA to re-record the 3-5 lines of this in flashback form.

No one knows. It's possible they might have re-recorded some and reused others, but we have no way to tell until the actual episode airs. The only thing we do know is that it has been re-animated.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So I'm thinking Oak off-screen asked Liza to send over Charizard to Pallet Town that way when he tells Ash to head to the Kanto Festival he can surprise him by sending out Charizard.

LizardonX

Banned
So I'm thinking Oak off-screen asked Liza to send over Charizard to Pallet Town that way when he tells Ash to head to the Kanto Festival he can surprise him by sending out Charizard.

You know what would be totally awesome? If Charizard suddenly realized he was too good for charcific valley, burned down the entire place and then flew himself to Ash because he wanted some of the action.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't think the studio will re-record the flashback scenes. I just don't think they'd want to pay the seiyuu to re-voice their characters when they can just use the original recordings and save money. Also, I'm now a bit worried about the flashback animation since the scenes will be animated by the same people who made Charizard look chubby. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.