• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWS2EN11 - Genesect, Team Rocket & Team Plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Man up Pignite. Everybody loses a battle.

Do we really need a subplot for the episode to be about a Pokemon depressed after losing 1 battle recently?

I'm glad I'll miss this episode.

Pft, if this was Mijumaru you would be eating it up.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Seriously... one of the strongest members of the Unova team and it still can't take a lost. You don't see Oshawott or Snivy getting all upset that they more or less suck in battle now

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Seriously... one of the strongest members of the Unova team and it still can't take a lost. You don't see Oshawott or Snivy getting all upset that they more or less suck in battle now

Ah come on, he just got raped by ****ing Charizard lol. Who wouldn't be upset.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Joltik, we know by now that Pignite hates to disapoint Satoshi and he usually takes loss bad, thats part of his personality, why can't he be upset if he loses? Oshawott should be upset all the time actually...

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Joltik, we know by now that Pignite hates to disapoint Satoshi and he usually takes loss bad, thats part of his personality, why can't he be upset if he loses? Oshawott should be upset all the time actually...

Some Pokemon just handle defeat differently well anyway I just it's a good thing that Pignite still has that part of his personality of getting depress after losing a battle more development that way.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Pft, if this was Mijumaru you would be eating it up.

Pfft, no I wouldn't.

Hatred of the Pig...thing aside. Why would they make a subplot of an episode where a Pokemon gets depressed after losing 1 battle from the episode before?

Sure Pignite has had depression problems after losing in the past, but it's been a while. Why bring that part of its personality back.

Wasn't this settled in the episode it, you know, evolved and defeated it's former trainer's new Pokemon.

If that sort of episode didn't happen where it faced its former trainer and seemingly got over it's depression, then I would actually like this subplot. Though since that other episode was or (in my opinion) should've been the point where it's depression, I couldn't care less for this plot.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Pfft, no I wouldn't.

Hatred of the Pig...thing aside. Why would they make a subplot of an episode where a Pokemon gets depressed after losing 1 battle from the episode before?

Sure Pignite has had depression problems after losing in the past, but it's been a while. Why bring that part of its personality back.

Wasn't this settled in the episode it, you know, evolved and defeated it's former trainer's new Pokemon.

If that sort of episode didn't happen where it faced its former trainer and seemingly got over it's depression, then I would actually like this subplot. Though since that other episode was or (in my opinion) should've been the point where it's depression, I couldn't care less for this plot.

Again, he lost to his trainers strongest pokemon who happens to also be a fire type. It kind of hurts the pride a little.

playerking

Again, he lost to his trainers strongest pokemon who happens to also be a fire type. It kind of hurts the pride a little.

Strongest, I don't think that has ever been officially stated though, at least not recently I think.

And I think the depression came from losing to Magnezone. Sure losing 2 battles in a row would make more sense, but I thought Charizard battling with Pignite was just training, so that Pignite won't lose again and get depressed.

I don't really see how training would help a mental issue that Pignite has, especially since training has never helped him out of it before, for good at least.

Also, I thought the issue was already solved in the episode where he evolved.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Strongest, I don't think that has ever been officially stated though, at least not recently I think.

And I think the depression came from losing to Magnezone. Sure losing 2 battles in a row would make more sense, but I thought Charizard battling with Pignite was just training, so that Pignite won't lose again and get depressed.

I don't really see how training would help a mental issue that Pignite has, especially since training has never helped him out of it before, for good at least.

Also, I thought the issue was already solved in the episode where he evolved.

No, he just got over his old trainer, that was never about his confidence.

Did you not see when Charizard Seismic Tosses him lol?? The look in his face should explain it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

And yet Oshawott still has a better win percentage than Pignite and doesn't get all emotional when he does lose. I'm not saying Oshawott is better than Pignite (even though I secretly do believe that), but it's interesting to note that a small, un-evolved Pokemon like Oshawott takes his losses in stride and doesn't obsess over them like our evolved friend Pignite does; Oshawott just moves on with his life. I think Pignite should learn to do the same because no Pokemon is invincible; he's bound to disappoint his trainer sometimes. That's just how it works, and it's nobody's fault to be honest.

playerking

No, he just got over his old trainer, that was never about his confidence.

Did you not see when Charizard Seismic Tosses him lol?? The look in his face should explain it.

Yes it was.

His old trainer abandoned him because he thought Tepig was too weak. That's why Tepig/Pignite has gotten depressed when he losses most of the time.

I thought you got that? Plus, remember in that episode where Tepig was depressed at night time on the day before the battle, before Snivy snapped it out of him. Then during the battle Tepig was depressed again, even more than usual and he was never depressed DURING a battle previously, but instead afterwards.

I thought defeating an Emboar, a Heatmor and overall his former trainer would've been the kick he needed to get out of his depression. Now, he's getting depressed again after 1 or 2 battles that don't seem like there even that important(to me).

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yes it was.

His old trainer abandoned him because he thought Tepig was too weak. That's why Tepig/Pignite has gotten depressed when he losses most of the time.

I thought you got that? Plus, remember in that episode where Tepig was depressed at night time on the day before the battle, before Snivy snapped it out of him. Then during the battle Tepig was depressed again, even more than usual and he was never depressed DURING a battle previously, but instead afterwards.

I thought defeating an Emboar, a Heatmor and overall his former trainer would've been the kick he needed to get out of his depression. Now, he's getting depressed again after 1 or 2 battles that don't seem like there even that important(to me).

Um....Tepig didn't know the reason till in the middle of the actual battle remember?? He was just scarred by his old trainer and was sad that he was abandoned and had to relive it.

You never get over your hate of losing lol.

playerking

Um....Tepig didn't know the reason till in the middle of the actual battle remember?? He was just scarred by his old trainer and was sad that he was abandoned and had to relive it.

You never get over your hate of losing lol.

Whether or not he realised it or not, his depression during the battle with Shamus would've been the same depression after his losses from before when he was depressed after losing. Yes, he was sad during the battle probably because he was scared to face his old trainer and you said that he was scared to relive the feeling of abandonment and that's ties in with Tepig/Pignite being depressed after losing, because he wants to be good enough for Ash and he doesn't want to lose.

It's simple, he was sad at the thought of losing and I think it should've been settled over 30-40 episodes ago.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Whether or not he realised it or not, his depression during the battle with Shamus would've been the same depression after his losses from before when he was depressed after losing. Yes, he was sad during the battle probably because he was scared to face his old trainer and you said that he was scared to relive the feeling of abandonment and that's ties in with Tepig/Pignite being depressed after losing, because he wants to be good enough for Ash and he doesn't want to lose.

It's simple, he was sad at the thought of losing and I think it should've been settled over 30-40 episodes ago.

Lol no ones all happy about losing jeez. Let the poor guy be cute for once.

PAndrews

Yes it was.

Thats not how a depression works though, you don't just "snap out of it" and its gone like it never happened. In Tepigs case its a scar thats rooted very deep inside him. He got betrayed and abandoned for being weak and nearly starved to death in the process. That doesn't just go away because he beat the trainer that caused it. If anything the fear should always linger in his mind that Ash will do the same to him (thats how fear and depression work) no matter how many times Ash says he'd never do that. The level of trauma Tepig suffered would take years to vanish completely, at most it will be suppressed and gone as long as nothing triggers it.

Tepig overcame his fear for his old trainer in that battle and won, but that doesn't mean all the scars are instantly healed and he can suddenly laugh at a loss. Especially if you consider his previous trainer dumped him for being weak and used his other fully evolved firestarter instead. So why wouldn't he worry about Ash doing the same here with another firetype joining the team (and being vastly superior).

Lets also add that he he isn't losing a battle to Charizard, he's getting tossed around like a ragdoll by a laughing Charizard. Meaning one of Ash's other firetype starters (who he would measure himself up to since they are similar Pokemon under the same trainer) is owning him as though he were nothing. That should be more then enough for him to start doubting himself, his progress and overal ability and feel weak and insignificant again, in other words trigger all his feelings of being useless and Ash dumping him like Shamus did.

Status
Not open for further replies.