• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWSP: Mewtwo Awakens Prologue (July 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altruis0.3

Kotetsu-Fan
Today it was announced a further image of CoroCoro that in Japan from 1 to 31 July, a Jirachi to be distributed for Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 - the details of this will follow on Saturday at the official website. Moreover Bulbanews learned from CoroCoro that on 11 July at an anime television special entitled ミュウツー - 覚醒 へ の 序章 - Mewtwo-e no Kakusei Josho ("Mewtwo - Prologue to the Awakening") will be shown, probably on the 13th Starting July 16 Movie advertises and will be seen in the obviously the new Mewtu Form.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Wait, so is this in Best wishes, or just a non-canonical thing?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well here is the post and scan regarding from the movie thread.
Some thing is coming out on the 11th.

Could this "Mewtwo - The Prologue to its Awakening" end the dispute on whether or not it's the same?

Yes? No?
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMpABtyCEAEinx3.png:large[/img139]

Torpoleon

Good to know that Thursday wont be a wasted week, like it usually is during a movie week. Usually, that Thursday airs a rerun of the previous movie, if I'm not mistaken. Those movies would have long since already gotten their DVD releases, so it's good we are getting a prologue here instead and that should help going into the 16th movie.

nuzamaki90

I expected this to be skip in the dub like Mewtwo's origin!!

I thought Mewtwo's Origins did eventually get dubbed?

Since I'm expecting this movie to be released in theaters in the US too since well, everyone remembers the first Pokemon movie; Why wouldn't they air this prologue? It not only serves as advertising for the movie, but it also has to do with the story

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hopefully we'll get some answers here, like whether or not this Mewtwo is the same one from before and if so, why it sounds like a woman this time around. I'm not expecting much though. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but this looks like another opportunity for the network to hype Movie 16 and this so-called special might feature more clips and previews from the movie than brand-new material.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I thought Mewtwo's Origins did eventually get dubbed?

Yes, it was released as a bonus feature with Mewtwo Returns.

Since I'm expecting this movie to be released in theaters in the US too since well, everyone remembers the first Pokemon movie; Why wouldn't they air this prologue? It not only serves as advertising for the movie, but it also has to do with the story

I expect it to get a theatrical release around October 12 to supplement the XY hype. Perhaps the Sylveon short will be omitted from the movie and released elsewhere to make room for the Mewtwo special.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Since I'm expecting this movie to be released in theaters in the US too since well, everyone remembers the first Pokemon movie;

Are they actually showing Pokémon movies in select theaters? The last Pokémon movie I remember being in theaters was the fourth movie. I'm pretty sure the movies have been shown on Cartoon Network since the ninth movie onward--I could be wrong, though, as I don't have cable, but I've seen footage with the logo in the corner, so...

And even then, I don't think that's reason enough to release this movie into American theaters after so long. It has been over ten years since the first movie came out in theaters. But even if it does get theatrically released out here, I expect it to be for a limited time and in only few theaters, most likely at the dollar theater.

So anyhoo, I find it a bit funny how now it looks like Mewtwo will have a second special episode revolving around him (technically third if you count Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon). But I suppose this is a good call on their part, especially since once the movie's released on Blu-Ray and DVD, it'll be included in the Bonus Features much like how Birth of Mewtwo was for Mewtwo Returns DVD copies. I don't know if I should get my hopes up on it being at least a bit dark. The forest catching on fire according to the picture we have may be as intense at it may get... maybe. Of course, something bigger would have to happen for Mewtwo to unlock his forme, so I imagine he'll get very pissed at something or someone. It's been a long time since the last time he was angry.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Virgil and the Eevees... I won't be surprised if Sylveon debuts here. It would make sense. Maybe we'll get to see how Eevee evolves into Sylveon.

diakyu

wow. Virgil being in this got me really interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.