• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWSP: Mewtwo Awakens Prologue (July 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This episode features Virgil and his Pokémon Rescue Squad

That is pretty cool. Maybe we'll see Eevee evolve into Sylveon here foreshadowing to them meeting up with Ash in a later Da episode. Will this be airing as the same time as typical pokemon episodes?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Well then, I can't say I expected Virgil.

What I do think is that this increases the chances of it being the same Mewtwo as before. If the special is actually telling a story like an episode, having an entire plot going on with Virgil on top of the necessary origin story for a new Mewtwo would be too much, plus Virgil is a pretty good character to use to help Mewtwo continue to learn how well humans and Pokemon can work together.

Are they actually showing Pokémon movies in select theaters? The last Pokémon movie I remember being in theaters was the fourth movie. I'm pretty sure the movies have been shown on Cartoon Network since the ninth movie onward--I could be wrong, though, as I don't have cable, but I've seen footage with the logo in the corner, so...

And even then, I don't think that's reason enough to release this movie into American theaters after so long. It has been over ten years since the first movie came out in theaters. But even if it does get theatrically released out here, I expect it to be for a limited time and in only few theaters, most likely at the dollar theater.

The Victini movie was commercially released for one weekend in December 2011.

What is of particular interest to this discussion, though, is that back in early 2011 during the mall tour to promote BW's release (in other words, the last major cycle of a new generation's release), Zoroark: Master of Illusions was shown at theaters tied to each stop of the tour. The same thing could be done now.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Some not terribly-small pics.

[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/542cfe8359733e3995bc7d5475a37ac5/tumblr_moexr3OZse1r2en1ko2_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/188d3c16d225ebd959b06933bd4a9c32/tumblr_moexr3OZse1r2en1ko5_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/0c50e9d3557f2d41c2f01f64a1e302cd/tumblr_moexr3OZse1r2en1ko3_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/b9a3a0a0e29e198d8a124c73e3c90247/tumblr_moexr3OZse1r2en1ko4_1280.jpg[/img139]

Looks like a fire under mewtwo where I guess he'll save the pokemon rescue squad? It's either that or a bunch of eevee's put up a fight with the pokemon who could one shot a gyarados with zero effort.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
Looks like TR is involved!!
Plot:

It involves Virgil and the Rescue Squad making an emergency landing on a mountain somewhere, and they start hearing tales from a girl named Anna and an elder named Oscar about how they were saved by a Pokemon they’d never seen the likes of before… and that it was a Mewtwo! Another guy, Danku, says he too saw the Mewtwo when he was saved by it, but at that time it was gravely injured. Virgil leads a search for it, though it’s unlikely to accept help because of its distrust in humans. However, there seems to be some suspicious cameras following the search party…. Is Danku behind it? What’s his motivation? And Mewtwo’s past? All will be revealed!

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I swear this almost looks like one of those "POKEMON ANIME FOR OLDER FANS" idea post come to life people keep whining about.

The animation looks beautiful, I see more bad guy next to Virgil as well. Eevee likely evolves into Nifia. I noticed Thunders and Boosters are in reserve. Didn't expect Virgil to appear here though he's a good character so it's nice to see him again. The exposition on Mewtwo's backstory is going to be excellent.

Plot:

It involves Virgil and the Rescue Squad making an emergency landing on a mountain somewhere, and they start hearing tales from a girl named Anna and an elder named Oscar about how they were saved by a Pokemon they’d never seen the likes of before… and that it was a Mewtwo! Another guy, Danku, says he too saw the Mewtwo when he was saved by it, but at that time it was gravely injured. Virgil leads a search for it, though it’s unlikely to accept help because of its distrust in humans. However, there seems to be some suspicious cameras following the search party…. Is Danku behind it? What’s his motivation? And Mewtwo’s past? All will be revealed!
There's absolutely no sign of Team Rocket, though we might get a flashback to Sakaki.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Like a Virgil...appearing canonically for the very last tiiiiiime...

Like a Virrrrrrgill...Sylveon and Mewtwo...on our minds!

This could turn out to be awesome if the following things happen: 1. Leafeon uses an actual move, Eevee evolves into Sylveon, Mewtwo curbstomps Virgil, and/or we get conformation that this is either the same or another Mewtwo, and if the latter, explain who cloned it and why.

Plus, I hope Psystrike debuts here rather than in the movie...

Last edited:

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
I swear this almost looks like one of those "POKEMON ANIME FOR OLDER FANS" idea post come to life people keep whining about.

The animation looks beautiful, I see more bad guy next to Virgil as well. Eevee likely evolves into Nifia. I noticed Thunders and Boosters are in reserve. Didn't expect Virgil to appear here though he's a good character so it's nice to see him again. The exposition on Mewtwo's backstory is going to be excellent.

There's absolutely no sign of Team Rocket, though we might get a flashback to Sakaki.

who do you think this Daku person is? and why interest in mewtwo?

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Oh wow, I am so pumped up for this special now! A prologue to Mewtwo's new awakening form is a cool idea to begin with, give it a background story and all but now this is just pain awesome!!

Hm, really? So Virgil and Team Eevee are going to be appearing in this too, I cannot hold it in.. Dx

Virgil134

PMD Writer
This episode features Virgil and his Pokémon Rescue Squad

Well ain't this some fantastic news to wake up to :D Hopefully this should stop most of the whining about Virgil being "bland" or a "marketing tool" just because he won the league and didn't get to fight Ash.

Plot:

I am not entirely sure if it's TR, Danku could just be a Pokemon Hunter for all we know. (I hope it's TR though) But the plot sounds great. I am really looking forward to this, especially with such beautiful animation.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
So, Eren Jaeger / Hentai Ouji Virgil comes back? I am excited about it, I wonder what he will do :D

Virgil being "bland" or a "marketing tool"

I think its obvious that that's all he is. Even now he's just here to show off his Eeveelutions. So much development for his character. Not.

Glad about Mewtwo tho and I hope he does more than just change formes to excite the kiddies. He has a legacy to live up to and I hope he accomplishes that here :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think its obvious that that's all he is. Even now he's just here to show off his Eeveelutions. So much development for his character. Not.

Glad about Mewtwo tho and I hope he does more than just change formes to excite the kiddies. He has a legacy to live up to and I hope he accomplishes that here :D

Virgil isn't the problem imo. I could tolerate and even like him if he appeared without his Eevee evolutions. They're the problem because we've been bombarded with them for the past year almost; it just seems like the Eevee hype has been around for that long. But apparently I'm the only one who feels as if they're drowning in Eevee stuff haha.

I don't really see what the problem is if Virgil just encounters Mewtwo though. I mean he won a Pokemon League, so it's not impossible for him to met a Legendary Pokemon.

Nightstar1994

Darn awesome, a Mewtwo special? Why doesn't this topic have more posts than this? I would get excited. Virgil appearing...im indifferent to it. He was a meh character to me, should have appeared more times in the Anime to be likeable. I would have preferred if it was Tobias who ended up catching that Mewt-*shot*

Status
Not open for further replies.