• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BWSP: Mewtwo Awakens Prologue (July 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I wonder where this special take place? In Kanto, Johto, Unova or the Decolora Islands?

Why is Johto an option? Anyway, probably Unova or the Decolora Islands since Virgil is in it and I don't see him traveling through Kanto. Also, it seems like Mewtwo crash lands the place they are at.

LizardonX

Banned
I wonder where this special take place? In Kanto, Johto, Unova or the Decolora Islands?

The movie verse, places that take place during the same time as a region, but in a parallel universe.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I get the feeling that Mewtwo's new form is created, instead of gained naturally by those scientist or something experimenting on Mewtwo when hurt. It sure looks that way.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
the character in the short is he a good or bad guy?

I'm hoping bad guy because something had to set the forest on fire. Might as well be that guy.

I dunno, I guess I just want a douchebag character in this special. Because from what I've gathered from that... not great quality video of the preview, it looks okay to me. Nothing too exciting, though when it looked like they showed a flashback or something that I think is where Mewtwo got tortured by Giovanni's devices, I went "whaaaaaa" when I saw it looked like a different setting. And then I'm thinking, "Oh hell no, they retconned his backstory?" And then I'm thinking, "Oh hell no, this is a different Mewtwo. Dammit, Mewtwo, you're bad at keeping yourself a secret."

So hard to really say at this point. But at least it'll show us how Mewtwo got this forme, I'm content with that right now.

I get the feeling that Mewtwo's new form is created, instead of gained naturally by those scientist or something experimenting on Mewtwo when hurt. It sure looks that way.

Okay, I like that theory. That makes a whole lot of sense to me. But... how was it created, to add to the question? Did the scientists incorporate that into his genes, or did Mewtwo somehow screw up on his travels that he got himself captured and experimented on? It's got to be one or the other, or something else.

diakyu

Pretty sure the part where mewtwo is restrained is a new scene that's only in the special.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

This confirms 100% it's the same Mewtwo. That is not the "creation" of Mewtwo in those flashbacks - it's someone telling Virgil about the events of Mewtwo Returns.

Look at the footage. The scene of Mewtwo being crucified is there, and the last scene is Mewtwo breaking Giovanni's torture devices. They reanimated the footage like in the Charizard and Butterfree episodes. And you can tell Virgil is there because one of the shadows matches his outlines, plus there are obvious Eeveelution shadows around him.

JD

..Virgil is here? I guess Sylveon might make it's anime debut here evolving from his Eevee.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Let's hope so. After the Butterfree fiasco I don't think I could tolerate another "not old Pokemon returning" and instead a new one appearing.

We already had a second Mewtwo appear in Mastermind anyway (even if it was virtual reality), so having the original return instead of a third Mewtwo showing up in the anime is ideal.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Let's hope so. After the Butterfree fiasco I don't think I could tolerate another "not old Pokemon returning" and instead a new one appearing.

We already had a second Mewtwo appear in Mastermind anyway (even if it was virtual reality), so having the original return instead of a third Mewtwo showing up in the anime is ideal.

The Mirage Mewtwo couldn't have existed without the implicit role of the original Mewtwo, so that case doesn't necessarily prove that two Mewtwo are possible.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

It didn't look nearly as impressive as some people were hyping it to be, but as I said before, the animation is nice. I really wish the main anime could get this type of treatment, but we're stuck with the usual animation there. Sigh. At least the preview showed more of Mewtwo; I was starting to think that he would be treated like a minor character in his own special because of the way the Eevee evolutions are being promoted/thrown at us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.