• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bye Bye, Butterfree (021)

Aikou Bupiggu

Ultimate Mewtwo said:
This was a sad episode, I hate Ash when he releases one of his Pokémon. Butterfree can't be death, he is young.

Nothing ever proved that Butterfree was young...

Also, I don't really think there is much chance of him battling, as stated earlier, the japanese made it so in the monologue that it die or whatever, and it would have been six years or what not.

Edit-Just realised, that was wrong about them saying that he died in the japanese version >.>

Meh, 6 or what years still.

Last edited:

Watergod

Master of mositure
I loved bits and hated bits of this episode. It was sooooo sad when Butterfree went I nearly cried. Butterfree should have stayed because he was the absolute best Pokemon Ash has ever owned or will ever own. But I don't think they should bring Butterfree back, it would just spark a load of arguments and everyone would forget this beautiful episode.

Rudoku

Your mom
Hyper Chibi Absol said:
I hope so! They just can't forget about him!
Tell that to Pidgeot and Primeape...

Aldrius

Orange Champion
You know, when I first watched this episode. I hadn't seen the Viridian Forest bits. So I thought the flashbacks at the end were Ash catching and evolving another one. I was so like "Wow, that kinda removes the whole sentimentality associated with this."

Heh, I was a silly child.

-Aldrius
;230;

C

Cara

Oh i loved this episode too... I cried all the way through the flashbacks, yet at the same time I laughed and smiled at it. I especially liked the part were it evolved into butterfree (in the flash backs) and the theme song started, a true landmark in pokemon history.

Magus

Fog Trainer
Mini Apocalypse said:
he does seem to 'ditch' quite a few of his pokemon doesnt he....do you think the writers just forget about them?
Ash ditches a few in Kanto, but afterward the only Pokémon he releases are ones that weren't really his.

my favorite episode.

Adam_stm

This is one of the only times I had tears in my eyes while watching.
;012; ;012; ;012;
Is it proven Butterfree die after they mate?

JONNO.FRESH

The First Episode i cried in. When i was little i adored Butterfree so when he released it i was crying. The Pink Butterfree was kool and TR would've gotten away with it if Ash hadnt stopped them