• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bye Bye, Butterfree (021)

STICKTOPIA

butterfree will come back some day i know it!

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Yay for raising a thread from the dead. It would be ironic if ash catches the offspring of those 2 butterfrees. lol's all around

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
This was my first sad moment in the Anime...
Although I thought the Pink Butterfree was so pretty <3, it was sad to see Butterfree go; especially since it was Ash's first caught Pokemon. But, the way Butterfree saved that Pink Butterfree was so cute & sweet; I'm glad it found happiness & wasn't lonely :p
The end of this episode was definitely a tear jerker, especially when it showed flashbacks about Butterfree & how Ash cried. It definitely made me cry the first time I saw it.

I give this episode a:
9.3/10

Bling King

Doesn't post often
This is the one moment in the series where Ash let go of a Pokemon for a good reason. Butterfree wanted to cross the ocean with his mate and Ash was kind and respectful enough to let him do so. I find this to be far more of a touching episode than a tragic one.

goldgolem

tell me when to go
that episode was so sad...butterfree was the first pokemon ash let go, wasn't it?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It was a sad episode, maybe because Butterfree leaved.
but i loved Butterfree's courage, especially when it saved the pink Butterfree.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Not very often when a Pokemon episode almost makes you cry ;_;

I think it was prefect, a perfect blend of action and drama. Glad Butterfree found a lover though I wish it would appear again for one episode.

Sad but at least it was cool, 10/10

DarthVader

To be honest, I remember disliking how Ash would often release his old Pokemon. But it was still a heartwarming episode.

Champion Shirona

ButterFree must leave Ash or else it won have babies.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Very, very sad episode. I had high hopes for Butterfree and thought he would be with Ash forever and battle at the pokemon league, but I was wrong. I sure hope Ash and Butterfree re-unite someday, that would be great.

JohnLee

Not very often when a Pokemon episode almost makes you cry ;_;

I think it was prefect, a perfect blend of action and drama. Glad Butterfree found a lover though I wish it would appear again for one episode.

Sad but at least it was cool, 10/10

Haha almost? We all know that everyone cried during this episode. I know that I did and I was a little 8 year old boy.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Haha almost? We all know that everyone cried during this episode. I know that I did and I was a little 8 year old boy.

I didn't, maybe it's because I found it to be more annoying than sad. Why have Ash release a Pokemon and then not replace it? Note that I saw this after most of the Kanto episodes.

JohnLee

I didn't, maybe it's because I found it to be more annoying than sad. Why have Ash release a Pokemon and then not replace it? Note that I saw this after most of the Kanto episodes.

Oh! Well eventually it did get replaced. Butterfree's leaving meant that Ash could have all three starters, pigdeotto/pideot, pikachu, and an opening for all of the wild cards that he caught like Muk, Tauros, and Kingler.

The Blue Taillow

I agree with you on that. Pikachu, Pidgeotto, and 3 Starters did become annoying. He did have Primeape, but he ditched it, and then he got Muk, but apparently he couldn't stand the smell of it so he sent em' to Oak's. It was almost like, "Wait, maybe they're leaving that sixth spot open because Butterfree will retu-*shot*"

Regardless, it was a very sad episode, and I think I got teary-eyed the first time I watched it way back when.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I just watched this episode for the first time in years. Holy crap this is sad. The writers GOT to bring Butterfree back.