• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bye Bye, Psyduck! (093)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was really disappointed when the Golduck turned out to actually be a wild Pokemon, since it'd have been cool to see Misty with one. I like Golduck'd design much better than Psyduck's, and it doesn't need a bad headache to be powerful, either.
4/10

Golduck definitely proved itself much more useful than Koduck, which is why this episode seemed like a cruel joke to many viewers. At the very least, Koduck should've still evolved at the end of the episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
gentwoer said:
I liked Misty's Psyduck :( not sure what evolving it into Golduck would have accomplished.

It should have been a Golduck by the Sun and Moon reunion episode at least

In my view, Kasumi deserved a strong Water-type at this stage since she didn't have Starmie with her anymore. Golduck might've been a good replacement for it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
Golduck trolling Misty still makes my blood boil. It was sad seeing how happy Misty was when she thought Psyduck evolved, only for reality to kick in.

In some ways, she needed the reality check since even if her Koduck had evolved, it would've been unwarranted from my viewpoint since Kasumi didn't even train her Koduck much.

Wow this episode reminded me of how much I wanted to see Dratini in the English anime when we saw Misty talk about the legendary Pokemon of the sea and Dratini's line was shown in shadows. I thought that Psyduck not evolving was a bummer since Misty's team was weak at this point and Golduck might've changed that. I liked how Marina or whatever her name was lied about the tail glow thing.

So Misty was lied to and told that Psyduck's glowing tail meant that it was going to evolve which I now realize was just a sign that Psyduck had gotten hurt probably when Tentacruel fished him out of the water earlier in the episode. I liked that Misty was almost about to win fair and square before she relied on using the wild Golduck and my favorite scene was when Misty compared Golduck to Brock's womanizing ways. 8/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
I now realize was just a sign that Psyduck had gotten hurt probably when Tentacruel fished him out of the water earlier in the episode.

I didn't even consider that, but it would actually make a lot of sense since there was no other explanation given for how Koduck's tail received that presumable injury.

MockingJ

Banned
Also I think this was the only episode where Misty expressed any interest in a Golduck and while Psyduck was probably her most stand out Pokemon (other than Togepi) I really wish they would have let it evolved. The show seemed very aversed to evolution though. As a kid I was always miffed how many of the trio's Pokemon remained unevolved.

Yeah what was up with Misty suddenly wanting a Golduck, but never showing an interest in them again after this episode? It came out of nowhere.

Lmao the beginning sequence with Psyduck drowning and then cutting to the title card.
If Psyduck had evolved then he would have kept his derpy personality as a Golduck which would be funny to watch.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Bye bye Butterfree but is Psyduck and no release happens"

Episode: 5/10