• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

C - Is for Cookie! (Gen 3 - Adv OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, it's me again!!!
so, in my adventures playing online (over on PO), i have been beat down, beat up, and thrown a fair number of punches back and even gotten a few victories along the way. with that said, i may have found what appears to be a more interesting team than what i am personally used to or comfortable with, and have had rather good results. i even got a few people to forfeit the match due to the sheer tenacity and staying power of my team.

without further adieu, here is my latest creation! tell me what you think, and be honest (rate it too if you'd care to, it'd mean lots to me!)

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- Toxic

Aerodactyl (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Double-Edge

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Toxic

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 220 HP / 192 Atk / 96 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Milk Drink
- Heal Bell
- Body Slam

Salamence (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Toxic

Team Mechanics Thus Far:
i always open with forretress to drop down some spikes to get the ball rolling unless i suspect passers or perish trappers, then i switch out pre-battle and rotate with gengar to taunt that junk away. so far, very few things can stop this oversized ball of metal, nothing short of fire-blast from a special sweeper, or an overly swords-danced brick-break seems to crack it (i'm quite pleased). if i can get the timing right, i turn the spiker into a hand-grenade with Explosion!!! BOOM! if the numbers work in my favour (through sheer endurance) i have enough power to OHKO damned near everything, which is quite nice.
so this guy fits the opener slot nicely.

for my anti-suicune and anti-bulkies, i run vaporeon, literally to just counter the hell out of it into a stalemate. to take a bit of wind out of their sails, vapo sports Toxic (they will run out of those damned rests eventually right?). but wait, there's more!

straight out of the depths of hell is my dear pal Gengar. i use this one to counter a few major inconveniences, i find it fun to disrupt the flow of combat and occasional perish trapper with taunt and Tbolt (pisses my brother off severely). also does well to eliminate other bulkies or walls with toxic as well!

my rather evil moo-cow of a support has proven herself too :D
i run a curse-cow with miltalk to up her survival and use her as a glorified version of blissey by running heal-bell and milk-drink for survival. the cursed up, stabbed up body-slam does wonders after a while in eliminating even the bulkiest of non-ghosts

lastly, there are my sweepers! MuUhUhhuhuahahahaha!!!
i use a choice-banded aerodactyl that doubles as a sweeper and a revenge-killer due to it's overwhelming speed and attack power, and i run a mixed-sweeper salamence with HP-Grass in the event of things like swampert daring to show their ugly muddy faces.

so far, the team has proven quite aggressive and fairly durable. i digress, i will continue to refuse to actually use LEGENDARY pokemon, regardless of what tier they are, and regardless of "how much they can help the team". with that simple fact in mind, i ask you guys and girls of Pokecommunity. can you make any recommendations on my team, or have any general opinion of how it is or might be?

thanks again!
dresden_88 OUT!

cheers! :D

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Actually to be completely honest the team looks quite durable and I don't think it needs much changes. As long as the team is working for you and you have no problems I don't think I could recommend anything and it seems like a very durable team.

Midknight

Not Banned
Actually to be completely honest the team looks quite durable and I don't think it needs much changes. As long as the team is working for you and you have no problems I don't think I could recommend anything and it seems like a very durable team.

This. ^

Great team!

Status
Not open for further replies.