• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cacturne Craze (UU)

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
teamuucacturnecraze.png

Introduction

Hello Serebii. I'm not a good team builder at all, but I will try my best to present the team that I’m working on. My team is based around one of my favorite pokemon, which is Cacturne. I tried using him in OU, but I felt that he would shine a bit more in UU.

Team at Glance
449.png
332.png
508.png
609.png
237.png
230.png

Importable
Code:
Hippopotas (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic
Cacturne (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute
Stoutland (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Pursuit
Chandelure (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Pain Split
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 156 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic
Kingdra (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 184 HP / 160 Atk / 164 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Rest

Team Building Process
449.png

If I wanted to support Cacturne, I think Hippopotas would be a great fit as it is the only weather present in UU, and it allows Cacturn to use Sand Veil and not receive any damage from sandstorm.
449.png
332.png

So now that I have Cacturne, I want to use a version that is not that very common, so I decided to use a specially based Cacturne.

449.png
332.png
508.png

Furthermore, I wanted another pokemon that would benefit from sand, and Shoutland was the first UU pokemon that came to mind. He gets a nice sand rush boost, and immunity to sandstorm, while being a good late game cleaner after the opponents’ pokemon have been weakened.

449.png
332.png
508.png
609.png

After that, I decided to include Chandelure because he will cover my fighting and fire weakness, while also avoiding my rocks spinned off the field due to rapid spin. He provides a good offensive and defensive core all at once with the set I chose for him.
449.png
332.png
508.png
609.png
237.png

To make sure my Chandelure doesn’t wear down too quick, I added a rapid spinner that will also work as a semi defense wall once Hitmontop switches in and lowers the opponent’s attack. He fares well covering normal pokemon, wearning down bulky pokemon with toxic, and being able to snag a last minute priority that might tilt the score in my favor.

449.png
332.png
508.png
609.png
237.png
230.png

Finally, when I get a chance to get all major threats out of the way, I usually bring in Kingdra to Dragon Dance, and sweep away.
Now I still realize I have some flaws in this team, but I hope that I can soon correct these problems.

The Team
449Hippopotas.png

Hippopotas (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Why this Pokemon was chosen:

Hippopotas gives my team perpetual sandstorm on the field, and being the only permanent weather, he is a major asset to my team. Setting up Stealth Rocks is always important as it will chip away health of any pokemon, and if you couple that with some sandstorm damage, it will eventually add up. Earthquake is a weak option, but at least, it will not leave me as taunt bait. Slack off to heal off damage, and Toxic to wear down counters.

Am I considering any changes to this Pokemon?
• None, at the moment.

Changes made:
• None.

Synergy:

Ice: Chandelure
Water: Chandelure, Kingdra, Cacturne
Grass: Chandelure, Cacturne,

332Cacturne.png

Cacturne (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute

Cacturne is fun looking, so I simply wanted to use him in my team. He is not highly defensive, and very frail, so if I come into a pokemon that is slower, I try to sub, then nasty plot. Sand Veil might even kick in and provide me a slight advantage. I might change it to a spikes version, but I’m not too sure yet as I need special sweepers.

• None, at the moment.
Changes made:
• None.
Synergy:

Fight: Chandelure, Hitmontop (situational)
Ice: Chandelure
Fire: Chandelure, Kindgra
Bug: Chandelure, Hitmontop
Flying: (No one realiable; Hippopotas can try to take some hits.)

508Stoutland.png

Stoutland (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Return
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Pursuit

Shoutland is great sand abuser, and can provide some great coverage. Return is strong, and if you do not resist it, then you might as well be in trouble. Pursuit will make sure to nab a KO on pokemon trying to escape like ghosts, or psychics. Crunch packs a punch on pesky ghosts who resist Return, and fire fang is to handle Steels and Bugs.

• None, at the moment.
Changes made:
• None yet.
Synergy:

Fighting: Chandelure, Hitmontop (Situational)

609Chandelure.png

Chandelure (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Pain Split
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast

I needed to eliminate a lot of pokemon who pose a threat to my other pokemon. Chandelure seems to be a very sticky glue that if I lose, the team might just fall apart. Substitute on pokemon that will obviously switch, and then prepare to wear down the enemy using Shadow Ball and Fire Blast.
• None, at the moment.
Changes made:
• None.
Synergy:

Ghost: Shoutland
Dark: Cacturne
Ground: Cacturne, Hippopotas (situational)
Rock: Hitmontop
Water: Kingdra, Cacturne

237Hitmontop.png

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 156 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic

Hitmontop offers rapid spin support that is very important for Chandelure. He also provides a semi reliable defensive wall as he can lower the opponent’s attack and retaliate with Close Combat. Sucker Punch offers an unreliable priority, but I could help.
• Not sure, I might change him to a more offensive by taking away its bulk and adding more coverage moves. I’m considering changing Sucker Punch for Stone Edge
Changes made:
• None at the moment.
Synergy:

Flying: No one (Hippopotas can be canned)
Psychic: Cacturne

230Kingdra.png

Kingdra (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 184 HP / 160 Atk / 164 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Rest

Kingdra seems to be a reliable sweeper, as there are barely any pokemon that resist Waterfall, and Outrage. It is a simple set, with some bulk that will offer some great results after a couple of Dragon Dances, then I just rest the damage away and proceed to sweep.

• I might change him to a Steel or a more bulkier water pokemon
Changes made:
• None Yet
Synergy:

Dragon: None

Threatlist

I will post this at a later time.

Last Glance To My Team

449-b.png
332-b.png
508-b.png
609-b.png
237-b.png
230-b.png

Conclusion

This team is still very much weak, and it will probably need a lot of feedback. I would like to thank everyone in advance for any help that could be offered!​

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Bronzong might be beneficial to your team. He gives you another Ice resist, so you don't have to rely solely on Chandelure, a Flying resist, and a Dragon resist, to stop Flygon dead in its tracks. He can also bait in Fire attacks for Chandelure. Not sure what kind of set to suggest though.

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend
Change Kingdra to Lum berry. If it gets statused, then it won't matter anyway, as rest null's the status. It might be a bit better then chesto rest. Maybe. Try testing that first.

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
Change Kingdra to Lum berry. If it gets statused, then it won't matter anyway, as rest null's the status. It might be a bit better then chesto rest. Maybe. Try testing that first.

the point of chesto rest is so i can shrug off the status after i take in an additional boost or two
lets say im toxic'ed... i would DD then use rest... chesto wakes me up without lum being wasted on the initial toxic.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
the point of chesto rest is so i can shrug off the status after i take in an additional boost or two
lets say im toxic'ed... i would DD then use rest... chesto wakes me up without lum being wasted on the initial toxic.

true and i agree with you emerald...why use a lum berry on a kingdra when clearly as you listed on your moveset that he has rest...rest would heal the status of any kind...i have a sleep talk, rest milotic so i know how this goes...lum berry would be a waste and no way to wake up kingdra quickly to sweep from using the intial dragon dance...nice thinking ;)

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I don't have a clue, but isn't Encore + Nasty Plot better than Substitute + Nasty Plot on Cacturne? Other than that I can't help because I don't know anything about UU.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
^I wouldn't think so, as Sand Veil may allow a free Sub, giving you time to NP or hit out right away.