• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Calculating IVs and Hidden Power.

redblueyellow

How do you calculate IVs? I went to this but I was really confused. I have some questions about what goes in where:

• What do you put in the "EP" place under the stats?
  • What do you put in the Average for Individual Values? (and where do you find the average for your pokemon on your game?)

Also, where do you find IV's on your game when looking at your pokemon's summary? What would be an easy way to get HP Grass for Zapdos with 70 base attack?

Ridley

Rawr
EP stands for Effort Points, same thing as Effort Values (EVs).

You don't need to fill in the Average category to calculate IVs. That's automatically filled in when you click "Calculate Stats" and "Calculate Individual Values". However, you can edit the Averages to find out what IVs you would need to get a certain Hidden Power combination.

IVs aren't visible anywhere in the game. Nor are your EVs, for that matter.

Getting the exact Hidden Power you want is very difficult on an actual game. You'd need to save right before catching a Zapdos, catch it, put its stats into the IV calculator, and hope that it comes out with the Hidden Power that you want. If not, restart from your saved game, and catch it again. All legends except for the "running" ones (Lati@s, I know for sure, I don't know about Cresselia, Mesprit, or the dog trio in FR/LG) have their IVs generated each time you fight them in the wild.

redblueyellow

Can someone post where everything you need to plug into the calculator is on your pokemon summary? EXAMPLE: Nature area: put nature of pokemon on the top of the second page of a pokemon's summary.