• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i'm going to a midnight sale to get it, however i heard that a few local stores will try to sell it on the 9th instead to beat the rest to it.

apparently this game is worth risking big bills for some of the bigger stores.

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
I would believe the (s.i.e) and I want to go to the midnight launch, but that the thing about being 15... Can't get a lift...

Me and my mate at school are doing a countdown, and trying to get the day it comes out, off. ^_^

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
I would believe the (s.i.e) and I want to go to the midnight launch, but that the thing about being 15... Can't get a lift...

neither can i, i just grab the bike and take off around 15 minutes before 11PM, the guys at the shop said they would prepare coffy & something to bite while everyone waites.
i even heard they have a nightvision for their customers to try out after it's dark but i think i won't be using that since i got my own:p

no usualy i would have bought it the next day like anyone else because i got it pre-ordered anyway but if it's fun then it might be something to do more often in the future right?

Last edited:

Surfing_Pikachu

no usualy i would have bought it the next day like anyone else because i got it pre-ordered anyway but if it's fun then it might be something to do more often in the future right?
If I were you, I'd be worried about my bike getting stolen if it is going to be as popular as I think. Then again, I guess not everywhere is as bad as it is in the states.

As for me, I might not pick it up just because I'm not that much a fan of CoD.

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε
I'm absolutely gonna get it.
I liked all the previous versions.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I was on the fence about buying this game, but after hearing about no dedicated servers and no mod support, there's no way in hell I'm buying it. :\
I know, right? I loved the first MW seeing how it was one of the only fps' out there to be in present time and I still play it. The no dedicated server bull is just one big slap in the face to us PC players. Also I just saw that airport level. Holy hell is this game nice. But dedicated serves a-no-go makes this Modern Warfare a-no-buy.

fhqwhgads

I know, right? I loved the first MW seeing how it was one of the only fps' out there to be in present time and I still play it. The no dedicated server bull is just one big slap in the face to us PC players. Also I just saw that airport level. Holy hell is this game nice. But dedicated serves a-no-go makes this Modern Warfare a-no-buy.
Yeah, who's the real loser there?

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Well, what is the problem with the server thing?

I mean, that makes you level with consoles.

Well, that's the problem.

Dedicated servers ensure that, when IW's gets yanked offline for maintenance or goes down because they can't handle the player load they've been given, people can still play the game online. That's why some of the most hyped exclusives for the 360 and PS3 were unplayable online for days (or even weeks) after they were launched.

Plus, where you have dedicated servers, you will have an established community. People will save their favorite servers on their lists and play in the ones that best fit with their preferences for player limits, rule types, map lists, etc. You will often get people that play exclusively on one or two servers and, for the most part, everyone gets to know everyone else. You no longer just join a random game with random players, but one where you know the majority of the other people. That sets up an interesting dynamic where you can gain both friends and nemeses, and overall just gives a great sense of community that you don't get with a matchmaking system. You can see why some clans/communities might get upset about this, especially those who pay for rented private servers.

Think about how school would be if everyday you were randomly assigned a school to go to. You might recognize someone here or there but, for the most part, you wouldn't know anyone else. That's the difference between dedicated servers and non-dedicated servers/matchmaking systems.

Then there's the whole no mod support thing...

Last edited:

fhqwhgads

Last edited:

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Well, that's the problem.

Dedicated servers ensure that, when IW's gets yanked offline for maintenance or goes down because they can't handle the player load they've been given, people can still play the game online. That's why some of the most hyped exclusives for the 360 and PS3 were unplayable online for days (or even weeks) after they were launched.

Plus, where you have dedicated servers, you will have an established community. People will save their favorite servers on their lists and play in the ones that best fit with their preferences for player limits, rule types, map lists, etc. You will often get people that play exclusively on one or two servers and, for the most part, everyone gets to know everyone else. You no longer just join a random game with random players but one where you know the majority of the other people. That sets up an interesting dynamic where you can gain both friends and nemesis and overall just gives a great sense of community that you don't get with a matchmaking system. You can see why some clans/communities might et upset about this, especially those who pay for rented private servers.

Think about how school would be if everyday you were randomly assigned a school to go to. You might recognize a person here or there but, for the most part, you wouldn't know anyone else. That's the difference between dedicated servers and non-dedicated servers/matchmaking systems.

If that is what a dedicated server is, then online games abandoned that system eons ago. The most recent game I know to stick to dedicated servers is Wolfenstein 2009; and before that, Gears of War 1.

Then there's the whole no mod support thing...

Well that just makes the whole game a bit more fair. I mean, if you're good at tapping, you can be what I call "triggerfingers", which is pretty much someone who can shoot like a modder without actually having a mod.

Unless, by mods, you mean things like G-Mod or Halo: Custom Edition.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
If that is what a dedicated server is, then online games abandoned that system eons ago. The most recent game I know to stick to dedicated servers is Wolfenstein 2009; and before that, Gears of War 1.
A dedicated server is a machine set up specifically to host multiplayer games, and it uses up all it's resources to support the server. Meanwhile, a non-dedicated server is a machine that supports a server AND has someone playing on it. The benefit of a dedicated server is that it only has to handle the actual game for all of the players, rather than handle the game while at the same time handling the interface (input, rendering, etc) for a player.

Unless, by mods, you mean things like G-Mod or Halo: Custom Edition.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Cobalt_Latios

I would be excited for this game... if it weren't for the fact that I don't have a lot of money, am in College (which is now starting to tax a bit of work now), and have yet to even play the first one (doesn't help that I can't find one at a decent price :p).

I may get it later, after I buy the first one. But for now, I'll just be content to wait until Christmas time before I consider anything.

I am in the considering mindset, not in the "purchasing" mindset.

<C_L>

Status
Not open for further replies.