• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phailsafe

Like a Boss!
All my friend says is "NIGHT VISION GOGGLES. Do you know how ballin that will be?" :D

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
If I were you, I'd be worried about my bike getting stolen if it is going to be as popular as I think. Then again, I guess not everywhere is as bad as it is in the states.

my good man i live in the netherlands, we have the best bikes in the world:D
and besides that i am a tall person, the size of my bike is rare few people would be able to use it.

anyway i heard there is a special collectors edition available of MW2 that includes a nightvision and some other thingies, the collectors edition is almost unafordable and a nightvision is very fragile so be warned, i have a nightvision myself and too much light can destroy it (also referred as nightvision blindness) and can hurt your eyes real good.

nightvisions are cool things but if it's not treated carefully enough i'm not sure if it's a good idea to buy it. these things can't be returned to the store see.

Slick

Banned
Holy.
F-cking.
Sh-t.

I just watched the Launch Trailer.

Holy.
F-cking.
Sh-t.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
just received a phone call from someone i know in the gameshop i'll be getting my game, 120 customers will arrive for the Xbox version only.

>_<

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
Awesome game.. Love it... Snowmobiles are awesome, and the graphics are amazing...

Anyone on PS3 can add me. Chaot1c_Tho3ory just send a message saying that you are from serebii.

Chris

Old Coot
Yeah, but I've yet to hear a console player complain about all that. You may have taken a step down, but it's hardly ****.
Console players don't complain because those are ordinary features for a console port. Other FPS PC titles offer dedicated servers and console command support, while not acting like they're idiots by saying text chat and mouse options are "features."

The first one is $20 everywhere now.
Like hell it is. It's still $50 on consoles and $40 on PC. Unless you mean the very first CoD, which is then indeed $20.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Like hell it is. It's still $50 on consoles and $40 on PC. Unless you mean the very first CoD, which is then indeed $20.
God dammed "Game of the Year Edition"... it's the only thing keeping me from getting the first one.

I'll wait till after it comes out before I go and buy the first one. By then, the price should have dropped. If not... I'll find a way

Still waiting for Fallout 3 to go down price too...

Yes, I'm cheap, I don't care.

<C_L>

squlicky4

i think the first level is terrible

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
I FREAKING LOVE THE GAME
and I suck at FPS games, so I'm not an FPS fan but my God this is one of the best games I've played in a while...(not counting WoW =P)

Slick

Banned
Please, for the love of God, Spoiler tags for here on in. I cannot stress that enough.

EDIT: In spoiler.

Anyway, just finished the Burger Town mission, and I'm thinking everythings going pretty awesome. Playing on Regular btw, but will start on Vet eventually.

EDIT: well... I think the game has truly upped the anti (?) now. From the mission where you run like hell to Nikolai's helicopter the game skyrockets in awesomeness. It's just...undescribable...

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i finished the game campaign and i must say it was pretty good.

by any chanse did anyone here saw the movie called the rock?
it's a movie about alcatraz with sean connery. anyway there is a mission in modern warfare 2 called the gulag that has a reference to a scene from that movie: http://www.gamerzines.com/system.st...l-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-04a93c08f90aca.jpg

world at war also had that but in their case it was the fountain scene from enemy at the gates.

it's pretty cool imo.

Chris

Old Coot
God dammed "Game of the Year Edition"... it's the only thing keeping me from getting the first one.
You'd figure they'd be cheaper and not the original freakin' retail price.

Yes, I'm cheap, I don't care.
Nothing wrong with that. Paying retail price for games is pretty idiotic.

I FREAKING LOVE THE GAME
and I suck at FPS games, so I'm not an FPS fan but my God this is one of the best games I've played in a while...(not counting WoW =P)
WoW, one of the best games ever?

NO

Cobalt_Latios

You'd figure they'd be cheaper and not the original freakin' retail price.
Checked today, you can easily buy a used copy of CoD4MW for about $50. It's $10 cheaper than it would usually be, plus it's used so you also get the discount.

Nothing wrong with that. Paying retail price for games is pretty idiotic.
Glad I'm not the only one.

Holy ****! Did anybody read the sales for launch day? My god...
No, what were they? Regardless I probably won't be surprised.

Is anyone else besides me a bit confused at why they decided to create a port of the first Modern Warfare for Wii on the launch day of the sequel to it? I'm going to rent it, see how it fares. Hopefully they only decided to make a port after deciding to implement a decent FPS control scheme (doesn't have to be as intricate as the Conduit's, but, I'd at least like it to be around where MP3:C's was).

<C_L>

Cobalt_Latios

See for yourself.

Click
"4.7 million units sold/$310 million dollars from sales"

Considering how anticipated this sucker was, not surprised.

"sold more in one day than Halo 3 sold in one week"
:eek:. Okay, that's impressive.

Also, I believe there was gameplay footage of this game being shown on the TV screens at my local HMV. Wow... didn't know you could have that kind of stuff in a video game (yeah, I'm that easily impressed). My timing for getting an HD console couldn't have been better.

<C_L>

fhqwhgads

Yeah, the launch was so massive(something like 14 million preorders alone, meaning if they were all bought, it'd become the biggest-selling standalone game), they shipped 3 million copies to the UK alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.