• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josiah

is your favorite
Seeing as it's never actually said, this isn't a spoiler. Anyone else think Ghost is Gaz, and that he wears that stuff to hide the scars from getting shot in the face in the last game?

Slick

Banned
Let's just not go down that path.

Also, I REALLY need a Spec Ops Partner. My brother is just...pff. Preferable someone who's been around here for a while.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Seeing as it's never actually said, this isn't a spoiler. Anyone else think Ghost is Gaz, and that he wears that stuff to hide the scars from getting shot in the face in the last game?
Very, very unlikely. Nobody would've survived being shot in the face with a .50 AE round.

My guess is that since they had Craig Fairbrass voicing Ghost and Gaz, they're gonna make him voice another character in Modern Warfare 3 (seeing as the game ended in a cliffhanger, I think it's safe to say it will happen).

And fanboy rants will happen on how Ghost survived being shot by a .44 magnum and being burned.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Let's just not go down that path.

Also, I REALLY need a Spec Ops Partner. My brother is just...pff. Preferable someone who's been around here for a while.

if you have a PS3 i'm the right person for that, i got veteran experience in both campaign (completed) and spec ops mode (97% 3 stars) who is stuck at the last two missions of echo that are just impossible to do, without a co-op buddy.
i need somebody who is willing to play as bait for me in order to lure and ambush 15 freaking juggernauts.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
You failed to see my signature?

-sigh-

i fail to see everybody's sig unless asked to do so, it's because every new person that comes here has to fill their sig up with god knows what.
talk about failing hm? anyway too bad, it would have been fun.

Cobalt_Latios

i fail to see everybody's sig unless asked to do so, it's because every new person that comes here has to fill their sig up with god knows what.
talk about failing hm? anyway too bad, it would have been fun.
It's kind of hard not to see someone's sig. Unless you have them disabled.

<C_L>

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Down to 5 remaining Stars in Spec Ops, which will finish my Achievements.

2 in Terminal and 3 in Wetwork.

terminal on vet mode is one of the more easy missions since you have acces to riot shields in it, those things are good and i wish i could fight those juggernauts in echo with it.

anyway, once you cleared the lower level grab a riot shield and bash your way through, try to lure and kill as many enemies on the stairs, that's the most easy place to line them up in order to get rid of them, however don't hesitate to take a step back if they all start to rush.

that's how i did it.

and, talking about juggernauts, i have a rotten time killing them in the two last missions on echo, i found a decent strategy for the 15 on the oilplatform but fighting 10 juggernauts on vet mode with merely explosives and a knife remains a mystery for me. any tips are highly appreciated here.

loraindeniso3

Call of duty

Modern Warfare 2 is very realistic first person shooter. Personally I will choose Modern Warfare 2, you get to do different things. When you will keep playing uncharted 2 for a while it will start to get boring and repetitive.

Bossk

Like a champ.
The game is the best game I've ever owned. Honestly it's the best thing I've played in years...well my whole life, honestly

The campaign was great. On Veteran it posed a nice challenge with a great story to boot. I found all the intel and beat it on Veteran :D

Online play is amazing. I love everything. The graphics, playlists, 3rd person, ect...

Spec Ops is amazingly hard and fun. It's a pain in the *** and gives me something to actually try at for once. It's quite fun, but I wish a few more would be a bit more creative than taking levels from the campaign.

The only true fault is this: Party chat disabled during pretty much every single playlist

I understand what it's for, but seriously?! Not one person like and it's incredibly bull as no one cares for cheating on the game with friends on the other team.

The one thing is this: out of all the playlists, you can use party chat for cage match (the hub for all people boosting and getting headshots with friends) and not for team death match, the funnest one in the game. This has honestly made me and my friends stop playing Team Deathmatch.

fhqwhgads

i found this while doing a random click on youtube, i consider this useful info.
No, that way sucks. Both people jump in the window in the house, one person hides behind the chair/desk and the other person camps the door. Door person Thumpers the Juggernaut as much as possible, then when downed, does nothing until the Juggernaut is close enough to knife. If you pistol it, it will do minimal damage and cause the Juggernaut to stop you from doing anything. Best to wait for the knife.

Person behind the chair pops up with a Thumper, then goes back down to reload.
The campaign was great. On Veteran it posed a nice challenge with a great story to boot. I found all the intel and beat it on Veteran :D
Far too easy on Veteran. MW was a challenge, this wasn't.
Spec Ops is amazingly hard and fun. It's a pain in the *** and gives me something to actually try at for once. It's quite fun, but I wish a few more would be a bit more creative than taking levels from the campaign.
Even though it basically started as a way to give you highlight moments you could actually do in co-op and then expanded to other stuff?
I understand what it's for, but seriously?! Not one person like and it's incredibly bull as no one cares for cheating on the game with friends on the other team.

The one thing is this: out of all the playlists, you can use party chat for cage match (the hub for all people boosting and getting headshots with friends) and not for team death match, the funnest one in the game. This has honestly made me and my friends stop playing Team Deathmatch.
If you understand what it's for, stop whining.

Cobalt_Latios

Far too easy on Veteran. MW was a challenge, this wasn't.
Reminds me of how the Halo games got easier with each iteration.

Not that I mind...

If you understand what it's for, stop whining.
Maybe he just doesn't like it like that. It happens. 'Course, accepting it and moving on works too.
edit: upon re-reading it properly, isn't the whole point of deathmatch a "free for all"? Wouldn't having chat kind of ruin it? Just a thought.

I'm going to have to play this game at somepoint when I get back home in December. A good rental is what I need.

Meh, I need to get back to playing REFLEX soon.

<C_L>

Last edited:

Surfing_Pikachu

the campaign was great. On veteran it posed a nice challenge with a great story to boot. I found all the intel and beat it on veteran :d

online play is amazing. I love everything. The graphics, playlists, 3rd person, ect...

Spec ops is amazingly hard and fun. It's a pain in the *** and gives me something to actually try at for once. It's quite fun, but i wish a few more would be a bit more creative than taking levels from the campaign.

The only true fault is this: Party chat disabled during pretty much every single playlist

i understand what it's for, but seriously?! Not one person like and it's incredibly bull as no one cares for cheating on the game with friends on the other team.

The one thing is this: Out of all the playlists, you can use party chat for cage match (the hub for all people boosting and getting headshots with friends) and not for team death match, the funnest one in the game. This has honestly made me and my friends stop playing team deathmatch.
let's get 'em guys

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
No, that way sucks. Both people jump in the window in the house, one person hides behind the chair/desk and the other person camps the door. Door person Thumpers the Juggernaut as much as possible, then when downed, does nothing until the Juggernaut is close enough to knife. If you pistol it, it will do minimal damage and cause the Juggernaut to stop you from doing anything. Best to wait for the knife.

Person behind the chair pops up with a Thumper, then goes back down to reload.

it has tactics of which the hard work can easely be wasted if one screwes up.

though i managed to beat it on my own a few days ago, it was cheap but it worked in one try. i simply repeated to run, shoot, cover & restock with the thumper in high explosive. if you do that it's very easy compared to other known tactics.

juggernauts tend to follow the quickest route towards you so run and ambush them at strategic locations and keep going to the next spot (preferrably around the edges of the map to decrease the chanse of being attacked from multiple directions by another possible juggernaut that spawned) and repeat it again and again with sometimes restocking ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.