• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Calling From Beyond the Aura!' (836)

nameman

I thought that was Clemont who identified Noibat.

Anyways, this episode was cool. I liked that TR was an actual threat for once.

They were an actual threat in XY29 too; they almost succeeded in catching Pikachu.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They were an actual threat in XY29 too; they almost succeeded in catching Pikachu.

I meant in battle. I seem to remember Bunnelby defeating them almost single handedly until Pikachu came in with his *insert electric move of the week*.

nameman

I meant in battle. I seem to remember Bunnelby defeating them almost single handedly until Pikachu came in with his *insert electric move of the week*.

If you're talking about the first battle, TR deliberately took the fall there. Remember the happy faces they were giving when they blasted off.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It's crazy, I actually find myself liking this Lucario.. I don't know if it's because I like Korrina's character, or if it's because the jackal looks absolutely demented when it goes beserk, but I've discovered a likeable Lucario either way!

It's a shame they don't handle gym leaders like this more often, I've loved the whole Korrina/Mega arc so far!

thor94

So, i forget, the writers also completely wiped out game plot too with previous ash travels:
-Ash has normally a strong aura
-in the game, the main character receive a lucario from corinna family because main character strong aura.

All things show ash should have finally receive the lucario that most of fan base expected, but no, for an once, the writers finally decided to waste a main event of the game plot, because ash must stay an idiot and pathetic noob.
It's like mega-evolution, in previous sagas ash performed few of game addings (bug contest in johto, contest in hoenn and sinnoh, poke-movie in unova, poke-tv in kallos) but the mega stuff, no, it's too much good for ash the noob use it, evolution and type doesn't matter, only friendship power count (with the friendship power a just caught caterpie can beat a ferhal big pokemon bird)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If you're talking about the first battle, TR deliberately took the fall there. Remember the happy faces they were giving when they blasted off.

I'm talking about the last battle where there plan went to ****.

nameman

I'm talking about the last battle where there plan went to ****.

Their plan went to **** for two reasons:

1) They took too long admiring Pikachu
2) Clemont's invention was just as effective in this battle as it was in the beginning of the episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode was predictable in my opinion with all the Lucario and Korrina drama; it was like watching a soap opera. And while I liked that Team Rocket actually put up a good fight this time, I felt that the battle took way too long and it made the episode lose momentum until Mega Lucario was unleashed. :x

Janovy

Banned
Yet another episode where the main characters do absolutely nothing. *yawn*

But good job on developing Korrina, dear writers. Who cares if the main characters do nothing at all?

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Meh, I'm already getting bored of Lucario and its Mega shenanigans, so this episode was pretty boring. And although Ash helped Korrina train (Why?) and Clemont helped fend off TRio, the main cast still felt unimportant.

However, I did like the part where Korrina commanded Pikachu to battle. That was pretty sweet.

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
Well, this was also a straightforward episode in the Korrina and Lucario arc, showing the two of them, and the separation of the characters due to the Noibat disaster; Team Rocket causes too much chaos. Korrina gets a lot of focus around this arc, although the episode was straightforward.

Also this was the second time ever that Team Rocket made their Pokemon wear power-up mechanisms that made them tough to beat, The TRio is clearly a trio of cowards who desperately want Pikachu and access to Mega Evolution (no offense to them but still).

Other than that this was a straightfoward episode, although the main cast is kinda off at this point in lieu of Korrin and Lucario.

While I'm glad Clemont battled, I'm perplexed as to why Korrina didn't help at all until Pikachu told her to command him. As a gym leader, she's certainly got other Pokemon; consequently, I can't help but be puzzled that she stood in the background and didn't help. She would have taken a direct attack if Lucario wouldn't have showed up to save her (plot device). Even if her Pokemon would have lost quickly like Bunnelby, I'd still be pleased since it would have debuted another one of her Pokemon and showed her help in the cause. Just a nitpick, I guess...

The Ampharos mention was nice as well. Hopefully Clemont will have something to do with the debut of M-Ampharos with his dad and all...

nameman

While I'm glad Clemont battled, I'm perplexed as to why Korrina didn't help at all until Pikachu told her to command him. As a gym leader, she's certainly got other Pokemon; consequently, I can't help but be puzzled that she stood in the background and didn't help. She would have taken a direct attack if Lucario wouldn't have showed up to save her (plot device). Even if her Pokemon would have lost quickly like Bunnelby, I'd still be pleased since it would have debuted another one of her Pokemon and showed her help in the cause. Just a nitpick, I guess...

The Ampharos mention was nice as well. Hopefully Clemont will have something to do with the debut of M-Ampharos with his dad and all...

She doesn't have them on her just like in the games.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Their plan went to **** for two reasons:

1) They took too long admiring Pikachu
2) Clemont's invention was just as effective in this battle as it was in the beginning of the episode.

Your not understanding me. I meant TR were actually strong in battle for once, even enough to defeat one of the gangs pokemon. That's hardly happened in XY.

I could care less about any of their schemes as not one of them will ever actually work.

Ya, me too. I know that this is Lucario's arc, but I don't think she would actually leave all of her pokemon at the gym...

nameman

Your not understanding me. I meant TR were actually strong in battle for once, even enough to defeat one of the gangs pokemon. That's hardly happened in XY.

I could care less about any of their schemes as not one of them will ever actually work.

In the games, Korrina actually has a second Lucario. The rest of the Pokemon are at the Gym.

Ya, me too. I know that this is Lucario's arc, but I don't think she would actually leave all of her pokemon at the gym...

In the games, Korrina actually has a second Lucario. The rest of the Pokemon are at the Gym. As for the scheme, whether it worked or not is irrelevant. The fact is the scheme shows that they can be competent and threatening, whether they win or not. As long as they are shown as able to threaten Ash, then they remain viable no matter how many times they fail.

LizardonX

Banned
In the games, Korrina actually has a second Lucario. The rest of the Pokemon are at the Gym. As for the scheme, whether it worked or not is irrelevant. The fact is the scheme shows that they can be competent and threatening, whether they win or not. As long as they are shown as able to threaten Ash, then they remain viable no matter how many times they fail.

Every time TR get away with something they screw it up for themselves.

So no they are not and never will be viable villains.

nameman

Every time TR get away with something they screw it up for themselves.

So no they are not and never will be viable villains.

For the younger and newer audience this is the case. If they had actually been able to go through with TRio actually catching Pikachu in BW, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Um no. The battle at the tower is a one on one which is why only Lucario is used as he is the only Mega she has. The first battle was two Lucario because they couldn't use the gym pokemon before the gym.

In the anime world, it makes no sense to leave all your pokemon at home and only take one unless you are starting a new journey which Korrina was not. For instance, most of Ash's gym battles are three on three...does that mean he leaves his other pokemon at the pokemon center?? Or with the gang?? No, he still has them on him.

nameman

Um no. The battle at the tower is a one on one which is why only Lucario is used as he is the only Mega she has. The first battle was two Lucario because they couldn't use the gym pokemon before the gym.

In the anime world, it makes no sense to leave all your pokemon at home and only take one unless you are starting a new journey which Korrina was not. For instance, most of Ash's gym battles are three on three...does that mean he leaves his other pokemon at the pokemon center?? Or with the gang?? No, he still has them on him.

And yet she didn't pull out a second Pokeball. More than likely, she did only take Lucario alone with her because of how important and personal to their bond the journey to get the Mega Stone was. It's not everyday in the Anime that you get a Mega Stone.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And yet she didn't pull out a second Pokeball. More than likely, she did only take Lucario alone with her because of how important and personal to their bond the journey to get the Mega Stone was. It's not everyday in the Anime that you get a Mega Stone.

What the hell does having another pokemon have to do with that?? The only time a trainer should only have one pokemon on them is if they legit only have one pokemon. It makes no sense to not have her other pokemon with her given she has no idea what could of happened.