• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Calling From Beyond the Aura!' (836)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hearts Calling Out to One Another! Go Beyond Aura!

Having been given a trial by Gurkinn in order to help Korrina's Lucario control its aura after Mega Evolving, Ash & Co. set off to the nearby mountains. However, Team Rocket have reached the mountains first and have decided to set up a trap. The trap causes a horde of Noibat to anger and attack Ash & Co., seperating them as they escape. Will tjhey be able to find eachother?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

zhixun

So it is Kojiro's fault to call all the Onbat out here. And they got separated by then. I wonder why Denryu is mentioned in this episode. Quite enjoy this episode since Rocket is more competent and nice to see Corni actually commanding Pikachu here.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
So it is Kojiro's fault to call all the Onbat out here. And they got separated by then. I wonder why Denryu is mentioned in this episode.

probably a sign of limone appearing in the near future since he has a denryu if i'm not mistaken,

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Really ****ing intense episode, the music for it just added to it:

-I find it hilarious that a challenger, Ash, is the one training Korrina and her Lucario. I mean, really, a gym leader so **** she has a challenger train him?
-They referenced Ampharos and its magnificent hair.
-Noibat's introduction is decidedly low-key and is quickly forgotten in the episode.
-The trainers get separated with Ash, Serena, Bonnie, and Lucario in one group and Clemont, Korrina, and Pikachu on the other. Ash tries to go into the cave to find the others but is advised by Serena not to. Now the set-up for this is the exploration of Korrina and Lucario's character and we got it. Korrina, through her interaction with Clemont, divulges her history with Lucario, while Lucario is shown to be guilty over going out of control last episode.
-It is unknown why Korrina didn't use MUH BOND with her MUH SOULMATE like he did in her debut to find Lucario, but I have to find subs for this. Maybe she's just a liar and all her flashbacks never took place at all and her finding Lucario was through its dog smell?

-Intense battle against Team Rocket, demanding Korrina to hand over her Keystone and Pikachu. Really ****ing relentless this episode with their power suits, pretty much rekt everybody even after Ash arrived. They knocked out my *****h Bunnelby, the fiends. We also get to see Fletchling again to allow Ash to find Korrina and the others. Clemont sends out Chespin and Pikachu asks Korrina to command it, though it doesn't do much good, cause damn these guys are bloody tough. Of course, this was to expected to show the bond between Korrina and Lucario, as they are forced to Mega Evolve in this our of need. This also predictably follows Mega Lucario going berserk again and eventually being calmed by Korrina's voice. It easily dispels Team Rocket and their mons, and after being them once again goes berserk but eventually tires itself out and devolves back to normal.

Thus ends the episode. Crazy episode. This reminds me that we as viewers have only seen Ash show Pikachu to Korrina, though Lucario does know that he has a Fletchling now. Moreover, his training with Korrina to have Lucario use Aura/Wave (which it uses briefly) and not use moves unless commanded gives Ash an intimate look on how Lucario would perform on their gym battle. Pikachu was doing fine in their battle, in spite of the fact that it was sparring match, but I say this is still an important match as I said above, Ash knows his opponent so he should know how it can be taken down.

LizardonX

Banned
This episode didn't have anywhere near as many shipping moments between ash and serena as I would have liked.

It's like they're deliberately teasing us by not taking the best subplot in XY and doing more with it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I want this arc to end already. The main group doesn't do much at all,, even less than what they usually do. Overall this whole Korrina and Lucario subplot will be forgotten after the gym match so in a way its a bit unneeded, especially when we have Serena and Clemont to advance.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
probably a sign of limone appearing in the near future since he has a denryu if i'm not mistaken,

I think that's a possibility, since Korrina mentioned that she meet a Trainer who had a Mega Ampharos while she was training under her grandfather.

On another note, did Ash identify a new Pokemon (i.e., Noibat) before he Dex'ed it.

zhixun

I want this arc to end already. The main group doesn't do much at all,, even less than what they usually do. Overall this whole Korrina and Lucario subplot will be forgotten after the gym match so in a way its a bit unneeded, especially when we have Serena and Clemont to advance.

I think this arc will end at most three weeks from now. After that Corni will be barely mentioned so we get back on the main group I guess.

Seviper009

ii kanji
I think this arc will end at most three weeks from now. After that Corni will be barely mentioned so we get back on the main group I guess.

I doubt it, I think next week Korinna will leave the group to train with the old lady, then the Sky Battle and the mirror episode will come, most likely the summer camp will be taking place and then the Gym Battle will take place. So I guess Korinna will make a return soon enough.

Rohanator

I doubt it, I think next week Korinna will leave the group to train with the old lady, then the Sky Battle and the mirror episode will come, most likely the summer camp will be taking place and then the Gym Battle will take place. So I guess Korinna will make a return soon enough.

She'll make a return as a Gym Leader for Ash to beat though, I doubt there's going to much more major focus on her.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I'm surprised of various things here.

First, What is this!? Ash is training. The surprise in that he is training with... The Gym Leader it should meant to defeat! Outside Gym companions, I don't remember the last time it happen.

Second, how treatening is Team Rocket today! We have just gotten not only one, but two episodes where they are funny, but they're a serious threat and won't be defeated easily. They even get a win against Bunnelby!

Third, we have gotten a lot of flashbacks about Korrina that the preview nor the summary never hinted that they will be.

And fourth, in this episode Mega Lucario learned to control his power for the first time. Which is important for Korrina.

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
One more episode before this arc ends, it's been decent but I'd rather see development go back to Ash and his Pokemon.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
ugh too many lucario focused -_- albeit the episode was entertaining i guess

especially that noibat scene - lol at serena ( noibat loves her?)

team rocket looks like they powerup again.

episode is a 8 of 10 for me

Last edited:

thor94

average episode.
Lucario finally mastered his incredible power.
Ash ever dense as a hard-rock.
So, corri commanded pikachu, the writers could be a scene with ash command lucario too. And ash aura power has been forgotten again (too much awesome skill for dumb trainer).
Ask myself how ash could defeat M-lucario during the gym battle without inconsistence. Maybe the deus ex machina of friendship power (or corrina won't use lucario or mega-evolution)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think that's a possibility, since Korrina mentioned that she meet a Trainer who had a Mega Ampharos while she was training under her grandfather.

On another note, did Ash identify a new Pokemon (i.e., Noibat) before he Dex'ed it.

I thought that was Clemont who identified Noibat.

Anyways, this episode was cool. I liked that TR was an actual threat for once.