• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cameos/Appearances from Older Characters?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I would like to see Trip again may be he travels to Kalos to participate at the league and gets a second chance to be Ash's main rival in this region? I really want him to return because Ash's story is boring with out a rival around.
I'd rather not see a repeat rival though. Especially since Trip was so underwhelming. If a past rival should appear it should be in a friendly "let's see how much our skills have improved" fashion and I'd rather it be Paul as he brought out the best in Ash.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Misty could be making a semi-permanent appearance in Pokemon X and Y.
Information leaked that she might appear in the Pokemon Black and White after Rival Destinies or in the following series(the Pokemon x and y series).A guy who works for the pokemon company gave us this information but it is not certain how or if she will even appear.

Yeah, no. Stop spreading false info, this is not 2003. Misty was never going to have an appearance in Best Wishes, it was just flashbacks to Kanto episodes.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Information leaked that she might appear in the Pokemon Black and White after Rival Destinies or in the following series(the Pokemon x and y series).A guy who works for the pokemon company gave us this information but it is not certain how or if she will even appear.

Source? Where you found this?

nuzamaki90

Paul isn't mentioned in the games, where did you get that from? He's only ever been an anime character.

Actually, on the TV's when the news casters are interviewing trainers, they interview a Breeder named Paul, and then record him running into a Timburr who's being troublesome to his trainer, and he says "Did you trash everything? Heh heh..I get it, I was a bad guy once, too!"

Link:
http://i.imgur.com/axxryPW.jpg

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Actually, on the TV's when the news casters are interviewing trainers, they interview a Breeder named Paul, and then record him running into a Timburr who's being troublesome to his trainer, and he says "Did you trash everything? Heh heh..I get it, I was a bad guy once, too!"
Coincidence more than likely. Why would any game reference a two-Gen old anime character of all things?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Richie Richie Richie :D

Why would he return when he hasn't shown up since that one special episode during AG if I remember correctly? I never really liked him or hated him, but I don't think he should return regardless unless there's a purpose, and at the moment I can't think of any. I don't really want to see the return of any of Ash's past League rivals, but that's just me.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I doubt Misty will be appearing in person, the best you can wish for is a reference of a flashback.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Still hanging on a prayer for some word of Gary...I wana know how he's doing with his career damnit...I gave up hope that he would troll everyone and announce that he discovered the fairy type. We didn't even get to see him in the Pallet Town episode. I feel a bit empty.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Still hanging on a prayer for some word of Gary...I wana know how he's doing with his career damnit...I gave up hope that he would troll everyone and announce that he discovered the fairy type. We didn't even get to see him in the Pallet Town episode. I feel a bit empty.

This isn't unusual. Gary only ever appears for like 3 episodes a saga, and in some sagas he didn't appear at all.

He hasn't been important to the anime for 10 years now.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
This isn't unusual. Gary only ever appears for like 3 episodes a saga, and in some sagas he didn't appear at all.

He hasn't been important to the anime for 10 years now.

Hey man, I can still want to see my favorite character. He may not be important to the anime but he's important to me /shrug/ I like learning about how past characters are holding up.

It's really not like i'm expecting him to pop up. I just have a little hope he will.

BlueVapor

Hey man, I can still want to see my favorite character. He may not be important to the anime but he's important to me /shrug/ I like learning about how past characters are holding up.

It's really not like i'm expecting him to pop up. I just have a little hope he will.

I would love to see him as well. I know it's been brought up before, but it'd be cool to see if Serena knows Gary, considering she knew Ash as a child, and Ash knew Gary as a child. There could be a potential connection there if the writers wanted.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

My dad's best friend's cousin, john gamefreak, said that he knows a source told him that max will come back on the show and get married to bonnie and they will have kids.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
My dad's best friend's cousin, john gamefreak, said that he knows a source told him that max will come back on the show and get married to bonnie and they will have kids.

Just wanna say this is one of the funniest posts I've ever seen on Serebii. Mind if I put it in my sig, man?

pokemon fan 132

Regarding Misty VA talking in Japanese radio program,thats interesting info to hear.

In 2012 if i recall right Mayumi Iizuka had guest role in Team Rocket radio show which is very popular over there through narration of Misty role expressing desire to see Ash again. Along with asking fans on her twitter few months ago not to forget Misty from pokemon seeming upset and saddened over prospect of Misty ever returning having notable role in this show again, in regards to release of pokemon Origins which happened afterwards.

Not so long ago she and Junichi Masuda were guests at radio show discussing pokemon and its promotion.

Its obvious how Misty VA wants to voice this character again caring to see writers bringing her back which is quality of good and passionate voice actor which can put lot of emotion and effort in expressing out character natuire, energy and passion through voice properly. I heard how Ash and Misty figurines were released last year in Japan too with some people telling me how Misty is still very popular in Japan (at least among older fans).

Interestingly enough Junichi Masuda himself stated how one of main XY game themes is about bonding and friendship, along with directing attention toward previous generations and older pokemon a lot more than it was case before making them interchangeable and connected with new ones.

So logically it would make sense if staff which is in charge of pokemon series take in consideration this gesture having pokemon anime actually live up to game message about bond and friendship this time around more than ever? By bringing all time favorites emphasizing on strong connection and bond which binds Ash and his good friends like Misty, May Brock etc?
Adding for more consistent story referencing and acknowledging past, older gen pokemon, previous events and characters through unexpected surprises playing relevant role again and getting update.

So hopefully writers and pokemon anime directors will recognize benefit and potential behind return of popular previous companions and impact their return could bring to current series storyline making it more exciting and meaningful strengbthening continuity and giving to people chance to see those they like making further steps forward in development enriching on plot through their presence.

Im not ashamed to admit it. I would like to see Misty back for 5 to hell even 8 episodes . Creating some nice, fun arc(its been almost a decade we saw her, still hard to believe).

To see how much she has changed, what new pokemon she may obtained, possibly new outfit and get more development as far as her dreams and interests go. Alomng with experiencing versatile dynamic, rebellious and daring nature along emotional touch her strong characterization brings establishing relationship with Bonnie(knowing Bonie enthusiastic attitude i could see her embarassing her brother and Misty by proposing her to be his wife lol), Clemont and Serena . While remembering good times she spent with Ash reinvigorating on their long time friendship and taking it to new direction.

As i brought up earlier encounter between Serena and Misty definitely has foundation for interesting, full of good characterization dynamic. Judging by high demand out there and unusually huge following Misty has i can only imagine how much hype, excitement and boost to ratings her return could bring after such long absence.

Of course my expectations are highly frugal given constant negative outcomes and no hints of older characters coming back any time soon, but still in moderate doses it never hurts to have some small hope wishing to see your favoriote characters back for appearance. Well im lying i would fully support my favorite return as main having plenty of unexplored plots in story which could get expansion, while increasing chemistry and humor with her presence, but some decent cameo appearance would be more than welcomed. :p

Because as stupid as it may sound i do miss older characters, feel they have potential and material for more development , like their personalities and escapades they can bring and prospect of evolving forward in case of coming back giving us insight in what and how much has changed making them fresh and exciting thx to ndew things and upgrade. In other words i would like to see them return, especially Misty.

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

I'd like it to at the very least be acknowledged that Ash keeps in touch with his old friends. Is it that hard to throw in a video-chat once in a while? (maybe it is, given how he never seems to call even his mother these days!)

One thing that I especially miss is it being shown that Ash's friends remember him. Near the start of the Hoenn League we see that Misty, Tracey, Professor Oak, Delia and May's parents are all watching the television in their respective homes to watch Ash battle. This doesn't happen in later leagues. Delia at least should be given a cameo shot of her watching from home.

As for the likihood of actual appearances, I'm not gonna hold my breath. Based on past trends, Iris is the only one likely to get an appearance.

Of everyone else, the only one that I can think of a solid reason for giving them an appearance would be Misty, the story there being that she has left the Cerulean Gym temporarily in order to do some training with Seibold, the water type member of the Elite Four. However, I think that the chances of this happening are about as likely as the Hubble telescope discovering at the center of every black hole is a little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker.