• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cameos/Appearances from Older Characters?

What's the point of her getting a special though? At least she already got a cameo in DP whereas Iris hasn't gotten a special or a cameo yet. I really think Iris should be the priority at this point.

I'm not saying it's a top priority. I'm saying it because I'm surprised she hasn't gotten one. And to be honest, Iris already has her unaired special.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
And to be honest, Iris already has her unaired special.

Unaired being the key word. It was promoted way back in August and it's now February. The fact that it hasn't aired yet convinces me that it won't air at all in my opinion. As for May; I have nothing against her, I just don't see the need for her to get a special episode in XY. Maybe if R/S remakes are released, but there's nothing that confirms that'll even happen in Gen 6, so I won't hold my breath. :x

koliko123

Banned
I'm not saying it's a top priority. I'm saying it because I'm surprised she hasn't gotten one. And to be honest, Iris already has her unaired special.
Ok ,and im guesing that that will mostlikely be the only episodes thay appear in unles there will be a finaly where all his friends get together or some stuf like that

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The mere fact that Iris special hasn't aired yet, and that Dawn's special was poorly received makes me think the writers put no effort into them.

The only special I really liked was the Brock/Latias one, even the Cilan special wasn't that great.

I think the writers shouldn't even bother if all these character specials feel so lackluster.

Lorde

I really hate getting into this. I really do but Iris was supposed to have one with Claire. Why it wasn't shown is something you are going to take up with the writers.

Complaining to the writers wouldn't solve anything regardless and I don't think anyone would even bother trying. If Iris's special didn't get to air, then I don't see why May or any other female character is deserving of getting one instead. Even Misty who I really like shouldn't suddenly have the honor of getting a special while Iris gets neglected. It's not fair.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm surprised they didn't show it since they also had to pay Claire's VA too because she was in the episode.

Also Iris was holding a Gible in her arms in the preview, I wonder if Iris captures her own Gible or if it belonged to Claire.

I only expect Cilan and Iris back for some one-time cameos, never to be seen again, as is the standard with most older characters' treatment by the writers in this anime.

I wouldn't mind seeing any older characters cameo, though: it'd be nice to see them back, even if only for a short while.

Last edited:

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
Complaining to the writers wouldn't solve anything regardless and I don't think anyone would even bother trying. If Iris's special didn't get to air, then I don't see why May or any other female character is deserving of getting one instead. Even Misty who I really like shouldn't suddenly have the honor of getting a special while Iris gets neglected. It's not fair.

I'm not too sure but I think she has you on her ignore list.
But what Caseydia was trying to say was that even though Iris's didn't air she still was supposed to have one. Dawn already had one including Misty having quite a few in the chronicals. May didn't even have a chance to get one made.

Moving on: I wonder if they'll even do cameos in XY. They might wait until way later to do them or just might not do one at all. It really doesn't matter to me because the more friends Ash makes, the more cameos will be given. And what if there will be another series after XY? Will they have Serena, Clemont and Bonnie do one too? If so, then good luck.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I had always wondered when Kenny was even going to even get special of his own. They could have done that along with Barry in it.

I had always wondered when Kenny was even going to even get special of his own. They could have done that along with Barry in it.

I'd sooner see Barry get his own special than Kenny, personally, but I was never a fan of either (the latter more than the former who did have something there at times)....xD.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I'd sooner see Barry get his own special than Kenny, personally, but I was never a fan of either (the latter more than the former who did have something there at times).

I already know how you work Dwail:). But I was hoping if they were to have Barry's that Kenny or some of the other would be in it too. That way they can kill two birds with one stone.

I already know how you work Dwail:). But I was hoping if they were to have Barry's that Kenny or some of the other would be in it too. That way they can kill two birds with one stone.

ROFL...thanks. :)

Yeah, that would be a good idea, though.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I can honestly see May returning as a way to promote the unmentionable remakes that we aren't supposed to be mentioning, either she returns or they make up some new female trainer from Hoenn kinda like how they did with Lyra.

Lorde

I can honestly see May returning as a way to promote the unmentionable remakes that we aren't supposed to be mentioning, either she returns or they make up some new female trainer from Hoenn kinda like how they did with Lyra.

In the event that remakes of R/S are released then I'm fine with May coming back for a cameo in XY or getting a special to promote said games, but I'm not getting my hopes up for remakes in the first place. I expected to get them in Gen 5 and we didn't. So I'm not convinced that we'll get them in Gen 6, and without them I honestly can't see a valid reason why May would return (other than the 20th anniversary thing, but by then XY might be over anyway).

pokemon fan 132

In event of May deserving to get special i definitely agree with everyone else and if chronicles didn't stopped airing im sure May would get some coverage on her Johto adventures. Her leaving after Wallace Cup left many things open and unanswered about her future growth as coordinator, how far she came in Johto Grand Festival, to what region she headed afterwards etc.

It definitely had potential to make interesting storyline out of it, and seeing some of her rivals again in action like Drew and Harley would be highly appreciated too. Judging by huge improvement she made as coordinator when returning in DP having already 3 ribbons and bunch of evolved pokemon like Venusaur, Wartortle and Glaceon i wouldn't be surprised if she even went all the way winning GF without us even knowing. And we will probably be left in dark on that regard unfortunately, unless she appears again.

Which may or may not happen in case Ruby and Sapphire remakes ever happen, though it would be stupid to leave May out of it. Since she is female heroine of third generation and best representative of this games. Due to popularity and prominent status she secured for herself during her reign in anime.
Nevertheless having pokemon that have access to mega upgrade making her perfect cadidate for third gen remake and XY games promotion.

But honestly, character which in my opinion should get priority in coming back before anyone else in Kalos(after Iris and Cilan get their follow up of course) should be Misty.

Its been way too long since she was showed in person (last one was in 2005 in regular anime episodes, passing over 410 episodes which is well unfair). Its at least to me saddening to see how one of most realistic and fun characters, original girl which helped form pokemon and spread its popularity in first place being treated with such disrespect this days.
Leaving her dreams of becoming water pokemon master, learn as much as she can making name for herself among other water experts reaching E4 strength, overcome her unresolved flaws and fears(im certain bugphbia would get in way of accepting Surskit, or having lot to learn in extracting pokemon true potential on surface) unfinished and left hanging in air with no signs or direction of in what way her story will continue ever being provided. Rotting at gym like she never existed or her plots mattered.

I mean since XY region is based on France would be ideal region for Misty to travel being fond of romance and love opening ground to want to go and explore new pokemon and culture there.

I would appreciate to see how much she changed in meantime as person and trainer, what new pokemon she may have, did she improved in her dreams of becoming best water trainer and whatever changes might have affected her on physical and psychological base. I know i sound like broken record but presence of E4 Siebald, having Gyarados which could open gates toward mega evolution, flexibility of her role not depending on game assets to come back and advance her story of becoming water master but main plot too through anime only events(like water based tournaments or entering Battle Chateau if there is more in future to prove her woirth and advance forward) are all interesting and feasible ways to have her back.
Making it easier to return and advance story than May and Dawn(for them to truly shine they kinda do need contests).

And her defiant, tough nature mixed with feminine aspect having interest for girly things and fashion too could click well with Serena helping in becoming more assertive, how to stand up for herself and find purpose, something she wants to do and accomplish(goal). Helping best in serving as push for Serena to become more independent and resolute in her future actions.

Shame it most likely wont happen though, because i would be interested in her forming relationship with blonde trio and restore on friendship with Ash lifting up group dynamic being refreshing for change to see more experienced, mature girl growing forward building up on story and new plots.
Oh well, maybe in unknown future that day will come. Hope dies last, right?

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I've said it before and I'll stick with it until proven otherwise. Cilan and Iris are the only characters I see getting cameos. The other girls already had their turn so if you were to bring someone like Misty back, then you need to bring May and Dawn back again as well...separately of course. Why can't we just have Chronicles? Then we can have all the reject/retired characters we want there.

As for Iris and Cilan, it is they're turn. Now I know they won't do this, but I would personally love to see Georgia and Burgundy again. Those bratty girls never did get their justice. I know these characters are probably never going to be seen or spoken of again, but I liked them. If we had Chronicles I'd love to have seen Georgia, Burgundy and Bianca all travel around, causing chaos everywhere. Ah well XD

I've said it before and I'll stick with it until proven otherwise. Cilan and Iris are the only characters I see getting cameos. The other girls already had their turn so if you were to bring someone like Misty back, then you need to bring May and Dawn back again as well...separately of course. Why can't we just have Chronicles? Then we can have all the reject/retired characters we want there.

As for Iris and Cilan, it is they're turn. Now I know they won't do this, but I would personally love to see Georgia and Burgundy again. Those bratty girls never did get their justice. I know these characters are probably never going to be seen or spoken of again, but I liked them. If we had Chronicles I'd love to have seen Georgia, Burgundy and Bianca all travel around, causing chaos everywhere. Ah well XD

Agreed. Chronicles would do justice, showing off the new and old characters when not around Ash and co would be amazing. I don't know why they stopped showing it, but I do wish it could start again because the B/W rivals got a bad sendoff in my opinion and that was quite distasteful if you ask me.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Agreed. Chronicles would do justice, showing off the new and old characters when not around Ash and co would be amazing. I don't know why they stopped showing it, but I do wish it could start again because the B/W rivals got a bad sendoff in my opinion and that was quite distasteful if you ask me.

Technically the Dawn, Brock, Virgil, Iris and Cilan specials are the same thing as the old hoso Chronicles. It's just nowadays they only make a single special for a character after they leave, and not any more after that.

Technically the Dawn, Brock, Virgil, Iris and Cilan specials are the same thing as the old hoso Chronicles. It's just nowadays they only make a single special for a character after they leave, and not any more after that.
I know, that didn't leave my mind. But, to elaborate more, I wanted a few episodes, not just one. :/