• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cameos during the M8 Tournament *Spoilers*

bmw9413

So in the Ash vs Steven battle,

Ritchie, Jimmy Marina and Vincent (from Pokemon Chronicles) and all the Kalos rivals are shown watching the battle. Wonder who's next?

TheNewGuy

I imagine they'll cover most significant trainers. Paul will likely appear during Ash/Cynthia. The big hitters - Brock, Misty, May, Max, Serena, Dawn - might well be saved for the final vs. Leon.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Speculations (only including those who have yet to appear in flesh in JN):
Iris vs. Cynthia: Cilan, Alder, Trip, Virgil, Prof. Juniper
Ash vs. Steven: May, Max, Norman, Caroline, Morrison, Prof. Birch, Brandon
Leon vs. Diantha: None
Ash vs. Cynthia: Barry, Palmer, Tobias, Conway
Ash vs. Leon: This would be a cameo fiesta

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
All the companions, Paul and Gary better cameo in the finals.
Georgia, Drayden, Alder; Flint and the other Elite Four, Barry/Palmer and Conway should appear in Ash vs Iris
Brandon, Scott, Morrison, Drew/Harley and Tyson in Ash vs Steven

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Speculations (only including those who have yet to appear in flesh in JN):
Iris vs. Cynthia: Cilan, Alder, Trip, Virgil, Prof. Juniper
Ash vs. Steven: May, Max, Norman, Caroline, Morrison, Prof. Birch, Brandon
Leon vs. Diantha: None
Ash vs. Cynthia: Barry, Palmer, Tobias, Conway
Ash vs. Leon: This would be a cameo fiesta
For Leon and Disntha I think we might get Gym Leaders/Elite from the two regions
Maybe even the ones who didn't appear like Nessa and Milo

Wouldn't count Serena out of the Steven fight as she is at hoenn

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Am I the only one who finds it strange that GL, E4, Professor and guys like Alder or Wallace are not sitting at the stadium?

They like Pokemon Celebrities and people taking part in this sport or supporting.

Who are the guys at the stadium? How important are they?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
For Iris vs Cynthia
I expect Drayden, Alder, Cilan and Georgia for sure!! This week's episode featuring Ritchie and the Legends of Thunder protags along with XY rivals really makes me confident they'll go full with the fanservice.
Something I'd like as well is the village elder being shown, let's see. Maybe even Trip lol
For Cynthia, I see Paul, Flint and Volkner watching. But i really REALLY hope that Tobias makes an appearance as well

For Ash vs Steven
I hope we see Harrison, Morrison and Tyson for Steven since they are Hoenn trainers and it's be nice to see all of Ash's rivals and dream crushers feature somewhat in the tournament
For Ash, I'm predicting alola gang as he's the alola champion, Tracey Delia and his mons and May/Max
Dawn, Brock, Misty, Cilan, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie etc. I can see appearing later for Cynthia and Leon's battles

STICKTOPIA

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Tracey may be the only companion not to get a cameo of any type. He hasn’t been seen in years and seems to be forgotten about at this point. He hasn’t even been seen at Oak’s lab and he’s an assistant there!

So happy that Ritchie appeared! I never expected him!

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
A bit frustrating that we didn't get Lance's actual cousin watching the fight, but everyone in the M8 needs to have some people from their region watching, and Ritchie and the Johtrio were easy fits to make for single stills. In fact that may be why we didn't see Clair - she's not as important as Mairin, so we don't need to see her twice, for the initial showing and the reaction shot to Lance losing.

The first rounds sounds like a good spot to get all the lesser rivals and affiliates out of the way in general. Though, since Iris is going to lose, Cilan may need to be a necessary addition to the first round roundup alongside potentially Tracey when it's Ash's turn. If Lisia is still palling around with her, Serena may be here for a first round too. And sadly May and Max may have to make silent cameos here too to clear that up and avoid voicework complications.

Iris - Cilan, Georgia, Drayden and the Dragon Elder.
Cynthia - Conway, Barry, Flint, Nando, her grandmother, maybe Tobias, maybe Angie?
Steven - Wallace, Lisia
Ash - May, Max, Tracey, his three remaining league busters that have yet to show, maybe Serena, maybe Virgil?

nuzamaki90

A bit frustrating that we didn't get Lance's actual cousin watching the fight, but everyone in the M8 needs to have some people from their region watching, and Ritchie and the Johtrio were easy fits to make for single stills. In fact that may be why we didn't see Clair - she's not as important as Mairin, so we don't need to see her twice, for the initial showing and the reaction shot to Lance losing.

The first rounds sounds like a good spot to get all the lesser rivals and affiliates out of the way in general. Though, since Iris is going to lose, Cilan may need to be a necessary addition to the first round roundup alongside potentially Tracey when it's Ash's turn. If Lisia is still palling around with her, Serena may be here for a first round too. And sadly May and Max may have to make silent cameos here too to clear that up and avoid voicework complications.

Iris - Cilan, Georgia, Drayden and the Dragon Elder.
Cynthia - Conway, Barry, Flint, Nando, her grandmother, maybe Tobias, maybe Angie?
Steven - Wallace, Lisia
Ash - May, Max, Tracey, his three remaining league busters that have yet to show, maybe Serena, maybe Virgil?
I think it has more to do with Clair not being related to Lance in the anime, she was just trained by him. Strange omission regardless since they literally both come from the same town.