• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cameron's Secret Weapon (768)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Odd is right. I felt like I was watching an episode of Pokemon online.

Anywho, the battle wasn't too bad in particular, but that Hydriegon got pimped so much before Pignite finally took it out. after that, Ash has been sweeping the rest of Cameron's team. I mean, Ferrothorn against Pignite? Seriously Cameron? Samurott had the advantage and took Pignite out, then lost to Pikachu. Unfortunatelty, I can't buy how she got defeated by Iron Tail instead of Electro Ball. But I digress, afterwards, Swanna was a pure joke. Brief battle, and went down easily like Ferrothorn.

Then there's Riolu... Cameron's last Pokemon on hand. ... I have absoutely no words big enough to explain my disappointment and annoyance of Cameron. thought a full battle was 5 on 5, and didn't bother bringing a sixth Pokemon. Tell me how this gets past the League rules. He already got one break. Now were still spoon feeding hime?

Despite that, Riolu fought hard, but I was cheering for Snivy all the way. I want Ash to win this battle so bad to show how much of a joke Cameron has become. Snivy looked like she had this battle all wrapped up, but then... IT happened. Evolution. Snivy is screwed. So might be Pikachu next episode.

Sigh. Unova League. Built up for 2 years, and this is what we get?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Riolu just got beat up by two measly attacks, and that's all it takes for it to evolve?

Seriously, Cameron's good luck is rubbing me the wrong way. It's like a kid was given a machine gun with multiple forms. It's even worse considering how I like Lucario, yet I feel dishonored and humiliated how this was handled. Well, one more episode to go...

And because I know what the outcome is, this is going to be the worst league ever. Ugh, I hate how Cameron just said that Riolu was going to beat Ash's every single Pokémon. This is sooooo infuriating...

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Does anyone feel that this league is alot shorter than it could have been? I mean one more episode to go and Ash is out. I feel that this league is very rushed. They could have letted Bianca and trip atleast battle one random codt together in the same episode before losing, drop the Axew gets lost episode, give Ash vs Stephan the whole episode along with some rival interactions so that I would have felt better about this.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Even the biased the writers have toward Cameron annoys me in the dub.

Seriously, he's my least favorite of any rival ever. Maybe tied with Kenny but for different reasons.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Does anyone feel that this league is alot shorter than it could have been? I mean one more episode to go and Ash is out. I feel that this league is very rushed. They could have letted Bianca and trip atleast battle one random codt together in the same episode before losing, drop the Axew gets lost episode, give Ash vs Stephan the whole episode along with some rival interactions so that I would have felt better about this.

The episode count before the league is pretty short. It's short-Kanto format. So many bad decisions were made.

Alas, this was bound to happen.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Yeah, I'm not really liking this league at all. Ash's team is a mix of Kanto/Johto. Most of his team consists of Pre-evolved, mid-evolved Pokemon. Krookdile and Unfeazant are the only full evolved ones then you got Bolore and Pignite as mid -evolved and Oshawatt and Pikachu sweeping Cameron's team which by the way were all fully evolved except Riolu which is now not the case anymore being taken down so easily.

I really hate to say this but it seems as though Ash's Sinnoh lineup was the best one so far considering how i hated that saga. If the writers would just make Ash use his reserve Pokemon from Oak and let Ash use common sense instead of his "gut" feelings then maybe we would actually see a win from him

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Everyone says Ash is the Gary-stu character, but I think Cameron turned out being that this saga. They went overboard with how many breaks no other character would get.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Yeah, I'm not really liking this league at all. Ash's team is a mix of Kanto/Johto. Most of his team consists of Pre-evolved, mid-evolved Pokemon. Krookdile and Unfeazant are the only full evolved ones then you got Bolore and Pignite as mid -evolved and Oshawatt and Pikachu sweeping Cameron's team which by the way were all fully evolved except Riolu which is now not the case anymore being taken down so easily.

I really hate to say this but it seems as though Ash's Sinnoh lineup was the best one so far considering how i hated that saga. If the writers would just make Ash use his reserve Pokemon from Oak and let Ash use common sense instead of his "gut" feelings then maybe we would actually see a win from him

Pretty sure Ash can't use reserves due to the whole "Junipr holding his pokemon. Idk maybe later on that issue gets fixed. (I'm guessing it is like the games but you would think the issue in the anime would of been fixed ever since Gen 1-4 pokes began showing up after his 8th gym)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
thought a full battle was 5 on 5, and didn't bother bringing a sixth Pokemon. Tell me how this gets past the League rules. He already got one break. Now were still spoon feeding hime?

That was my biggest complaint about this episode and maybe the whole League in general. I mean there are rules that state how many Pokemon you have to bring to a full battle (6), yet Cameron broke that rule and still got to keep battling? And I don't use the "he had a disadvantage" excuse because it still doesn't remedy the situation; he broke the rules pure and simple and it's not fair that he got to stay in the battle. Had this been Ash instead, you know that he would have been disqualified on the spot. Cameron only got to stick around because it was convenient for the writers. I really dislike their inconsistency at this point.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That was my biggest complaint about this episode and maybe the whole League in general. I mean there are rules that state how many Pokemon you have to bring to a full battle (6), yet Cameron broke that rule and still got to keep battling? And I don't use the "he had a disadvantage" excuse because it still doesn't remedy the situation; he broke the rules pure and simple and it's not fair that he got to stay in the battle. Had this been Ash instead, you know that he would have been disqualified on the spot. Cameron only got to stick around because it was convenient for the writers. I really dislike their inconsistency at this point.

Unfortunately, it really has never been stated that it was a rule to...

Oh wait, even in the games you can't fight a triple battle without three Pokémon at Drayden's gym. But that only concerns triple battles...

So in short, the Unova region has some illogical rules.

dman_dustin

Way to ignore my big post revolving around this point when it aired in Japan.

Point: If Cameron can beat Ash without losing his 5 Pokemon why disqualify him.

Cameron would've only been disqualified had it come to the point where Ash beat Lucario, Cameron had no more, thus it would lose.

Just because it was a full battle doesn't mean a person has to have all 6 Pokemon.

Or should Tobias have been disqualified because he only used 2 Pokemon against Ash?

And there is no difference between the two situations, it's the same basic principle, which can only be divergent or problematic should the problem arise. It never does end up being a problem, so why disqualify Cameron for that.

He would've only been disqualified IF he had no more Pokemon to use, not because he blurted out that he only brought 5 Pokemon. It was Cameron that put himself at a disadvantage and would've been his own fault if he lost.

But you can't disqualify someone like that in the middle of the battle, when even if the odds are slim, Cameron didn't even need all 6 of his Pokemon to win.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's slightly better than being DQd or losing to a meowth and depending on who losing to a legend.

So basically a battle between two pokemon of equal power and one barely scraping the win is the only "true" way for Ash to lose?

I wonder how this will effect international fans since there's bound to be whiplash cause of this league compared to previous ones.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved the battle between Cameron and Ash. It was cool seeing Hydriegon get his debut.

Vipsoccermaster

Not exactly a good episode. This battle feels very rushed, it's like as if the writers just want to move on already. This episode was sort of boring, too. My only highlight would be Snivy getting to battle, even though she doesn't get any wins.

LizardonX

Banned
So basically a battle between two pokemon of equal power and one barely scraping the win is the only "true" way for Ash to lose?

I wonder how this will effect international fans since there's bound to be whiplash cause of this league compared to previous ones.

He can also be demolished by legendaries but YMMV on that particular way to lose.

dman_dustin

I don't know about you but the only way I want Ash to lose, is if it's a legitmately tough battle. Not an easy battle because of poor choice selection (on both sides).

I don't want a sudden evolution in the 2nd to last Pokemon and beat two more Pokemon for the win. At least when Ash evolved to win, it was always the last match up. Not some horrible match up.