• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cameron's Secret Weapon (768)

STICKTOPIA

I lol'd so hard when Kotetsu actually thought the battle was a 5 on 5, but hey I don't blame him, how does it go "Round 3 - 3 on 3, Round 4 - 6 on 6" I'd be like wtf too lol

I thought this battle was actually pretty awesome, Kotetsu being a complete retard was hilarious but I think the writers overused it a bit when they made him send out Swanna against Pikachu, that was just too idiotic, no trainer can be that stupid, not even Morri-I mean Kotetsu, so I don't know why they treat him that way.
Why wouldn't you have 6 pokemon on you regardless if it's not a 6 on 6? It's not like you can't have 6 pokemon on you. But sending ferrothorn against pignite and swanna against pikachu was stupid

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hated this battle to be honest; it was too one-sided and although that changed in the end, it was too sudden and it left a bitter taste in my mouth. For starters, why on earth did Ash use Oshawott against Hydreigon? I mean hello, he isn't strong enough to beat him. What was the point? Then Pignite gets sent out and he beats Hydreigon - who was hyped to be Kotetsu's strongest Pokemon - like it was nothing. Talk about pandering to the Pignite fanbase. Anyway, I'm glad Pignite lost to Samurott, but it managed to take out Ferrothorn before losing, so that's two wins in a row. And of course Pikachu had to match him by beating Samurott and Swanna. I mean where's the love for the other Pokemon? And ffs, Kotetsu should have been disqualified for only bringing five Pokemon. The referee was obviously bribed beforehand 'cause this is some straight-up BS.

Lorde

because im a huge kotetsu fan and riolu/lucario is my favorite pokemon ;D. i just love how well kotetsu can battle even tho he is really stupid haha

You mean how well he can use deus ex machina to his advantage, right? Because he went from losing really badly against Ash to suddenly turning the tables with his haxxed-up Riolu. If that's not deus ex machina at work, I don't know what is. And yeah, Ash has done that before but at least he has the excuse of being the protagonist.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
A person can't be disaqualified if they gave themselves a handicap, i mean if you were required to have six pokemon they would check that at registration.

Just because Kotetsu happens to be good during battles, and doesn't seem to know what he's doing otherwise isn't good enough ground to DQ him just because he does something that makes you angry.

LizardonX

Banned
So I have just seen the episode in full and I have to say this was an AMAZING EPISODE!, so much action crammed into one episode! While some of the complaints are legit most are pure unfounded BS.

Some thoughts

Hydreigon was a beast and deserved the first 2 wins, however it was absolutely APPALLING than Mijumaru lived longer and dealt more damage than Boldore. What shameless advertising and glorification of the otter like it doesn't already have enough in the first place.

Really? Pignite gets Glorified for beating the dragon? What I saw was Boldore and Moneymaru wearing down most of the dragon's health with Pignite only being the finisher, if people refuse to call Krookodile's battle with Sawk legit calling it stealing a win from Leavanny then they have no business giving credit to only pignite.

Ferrothorn went by well, only thing is iron barbs never activated.

Samurott's Hydro cannon has got to be one of the weakest and most pathetic moves I have ever had the displeasure of seeing. Ash was an idiot for keeping in Pignite when he had Snivy.

The complaints about Pikachu getting glorified are 100% legit, it got 2 ridiculously easy wins just to make it look better when Lucario finally cleans its money making clock.

It's trolling to the max to have Unfezant get pwned hard by a fighting type but Snivy to last as long as she did. Absolutely no reason other than to Glorify Snivy when she already has a good large role in episode N. What the hell writers.

And what was that about Riolu pwning women and liking it? That vine whip scene more than made up for it. I mean serisouly that was far worse than being grabbed by the tail.

Lucario is DEM as always. Karma is a ***** Ash.

To summarize, yes there was BS battles, and yes there was misplaced glorification but they were for the most part directed at the wrong pokemon. The BS battles were Snivy's for somehow lasting longer than Unfezant which should not make any sense. Boldore for going down faster than a stage 1 water starter, and samurott's hydro cannons. A 150 power water attack should not be doing less damage than bubblebeam/Aqua jet. And the glorification labels should go to Moneymaru and Smugleaf and Especially $Pika$ for outshining their more deserving counterparts so thoroughly. Pignite only won because he was lucky enough to be picked third. Anyone of the team who got the lucky 3 would have beaten Hydreigon. So don't blame the innocent bystander in all of this.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
Uhhhhh. Poor Oshawott. Beaten before he showed his true strengths......not even Ice Beam they gave him. Boldore well all of Ash's tanks lose faster than his "frail but fast" Pokemon.

The sad part is even if Ash wins this battle the sheer fact is that it was horribly uneven with 6 vs 5. I mean what if his last Pokemon was a Golurk?

Heck I'd prefer Ash to go down swinging and just being close to winning.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
A person can't be disaqualified if they gave themselves a handicap, i mean if you were required to have six pokemon they would check that at registration.

Just because Kotetsu happens to be good during battles, and doesn't seem to know what he's doing otherwise isn't good enough ground to DQ him just because he does something that makes you angry.
This...
Pignite only won because he was lucky enough to be picked third. Anyone of the team who got the lucky 3 would have beaten Hydreigon. So don't blame the innocent bystander in all of this.
And this. pignite was just choosen honestly for the "more believable crowd." The ***** would done the most damage anyway, even if he had gone 2nd, just because of that type advantage. xD

I really liked this battle. I really liked Oshawott vs Hydreigon. Even if Oshawott was at a type advantage, he still did good. His moves seemed like they did some decent damage on Hydreigon. Sucks that Unfezant didn't get a new move, but oh well. Now, Tsutarja vs Riolu was amazing to me. Now it's going to evolve and hell will come. xD But, she did her best. I still have hope for Ash.

Rohanator

Ok...plot wise, this is a pretty annoying battle, I mean having Ash lose to Kotetsu in a 6 vs 5 match? Goddayumn. Also Ferrothorn vs Pignite, hello? At least Swanna was slightly reasonable being fast and able to combat Pikachu from the air, it actually did fairly well. BUT despite all that I still enjoyed how action packed the episode was. Boldore and Oshawott did very well too considering what they were facing. My boy Boldore is BULKY. <3
So, plot: PFFFT Please don't make me laugh writers. But I still liked it. :] The N saga should kinda liven up things plot wise even though I don't largely care about that in Pokemon.

Next episode has Iwane so the battle should at least look very nice.

Lorde

1) We're talking about the guy who almost missed the League registration deadline; he probably forgot to register his Pokemon for the League battles as well.

2) Kotetsu isn't even a good battler. I mean he sent out a Ferrothorn against Pignite and a Swanna against Pikachu; the guy is obviously clueless and only wins by deus ex machina. His Riolu did more damage than even his Hydreigon from the look of things. The guy is relying too heavily on hax to win, which isn't a fair representation of his battle prowess.

thunderblade12

LOL. So the pokemon that actually need wins ALL lose in favor of Pignite getting two more wins and Pikachu getting three wins? We all know Pikachu will end with three wins. A one-hit KO fest that was shoved mostly into a single episode. And this is our only full battle in the entire saga?

Okay... This saga is officially beyond saving.

Pros
+ A new attack for Pignite

Cons
- "Meh" animation
- Who really cares about Kotetsu? He's basically Barry and Ritchie all rolled into one awkward package. He's no better than any other "rival" that was tossed in at the end to beat Ash at the League.
- As usual with this saga: **** Boldore, Unfezant, Oshawott, and Snivy, MOAR PIKACHOO AND PIGNITE
- Short as hell matches.

2/10. And that's being generous

Last edited: