• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cameron's Secret Weapon (768)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Hahaha, to think I was joking when I said Kotetsu would only bring five Pokemon to the match.. yet it's actually true! I've done this a couple of times lately..

Personally, I'd say its time for the writers to retire after Unova. They have clearly lost all interest in making the Pokemon anime an enjoyable experience, so why drag it on? Just give it up already, I'll happily search for and rewatch the pre-BW episodes when I get Pokemon cravings. Certainly not BW though..

LOL, its like the writers really wanted to end Ash's story with DP, but then the, "higher ups" didn't allow them to get rid of him, so they threw out their plans for an E4 arc and brought in Darkrai at the last minute.

And now BW is the result of the writers anger and frustration.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
If this league doesn't prove that Ash's Unova team sucked with the exception of Pignite and the Krok, I don't know what does.

Pikachu carried Ash through this league. The rest of his pokemon have almost no wins. Its actually both funny and sad at the same time.

Shitty writers decisions, the team is good, Pignite wouldn't be able to beat Hydreigon if Boldore and specially Oshawott(that landed more hits) didn't damage Hydreigon for example.

Leavanny and Palpitoad also showed to be pretty strong, Snivy made Rioulo evolve and she didn't use Attract.

Shitty writen figth nothing else.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Shitty writers decisions, the team is good, Pignite wouldn't be able to beat Hydreigon if Boldore and specially Oshawott(that landed more hits) didn't damage Hydreigon for example.

Leavanny and Palpitoad also showed to be pretty strong, Snivy made Rioulo evolve and she didn't use Attract.

Shitty writen figth nothing else.

Even so, they're still mediocre. Pikachu defeated the most powerful pokemon in this league, Krok and Pignite are literally the only two other strong Pokemon on his team right now.

Even Oshawott and Snivy's starter status couldn't save them. The rest of his pokemon either got no wins or just barely scraped a tie.

ludiloco

Do you guys realize that if Kotetsu made the right moves and didn't sent Ferrothorn and Swanna against Pignite and Pikachu respectively, Kotetsu would have sweeped Satoshi?

Also going to a full-battle with only 5 pokemon? What a champ! xD

LizardonX

Banned
Even so, they're still mediocre. Pikachu defeated the most powerful pokemon in this league, Krok and Pignite are literally the only two other strong Pokemon on his team right now.

Even Oshawott and Snivy's starter status couldn't save them. The rest of his pokemon either got no wins or just barely scraped a tie.

Well you didn't know if Serpior was stronger than Hydreigon XD

PAndrews

Do you guys realize that if Kotetsu made the right moves and didn't sent Ferrothorn and Swanna against Pignite and Pikachu respectively, Kotetsu would have sweeped Satoshi?

Also going to a full-battle with only 5 pokemon? What a champ! xD

Same can be said for Ash though, and he could still switch himself

He should have started with Pignite (or at least used it after Boldore went down)
He should have recalled Pignite when Samurott showed up.

These 2 moves would have meant he still had Pignite and Oshawott left to fight Lucario.

Hoping now more then ever that Ash wins this battle and the remainder of the league gets postponed due to Team Plasma. Having Ash lose this league to someone who isn't even capable of understanding the rules is a severe letdown. Though not as bad as team Eevee sweeping him.

Propane

This fight resumes all this BW saga (a ride of merchandising)... seriously what annoys me is not only the battle, it's the fact that the writers think we are idiots enough to think that this is funny. The episode was horrible, kotetsu is funny but also quite frustrating and the dumbest character in the pokemon series there is a limit. The battle was everything it shoudn't have been: not intense, with no stratagy whatsoever and worst of all it's not even a 6 on 6 battle. Ash losing twice like this is just.... stupid stupid stupid. Also virgil is there for?....

RickHoenn

Banned
It was a decent battle, that's all I can say.. 8/10

Hopefully some unexpected thing happens next episode..

I also hope Pignite and other pokemon of his team (Snivy, Palpitoad, Boldore) will evolve during N's chapter.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well... this is crazy. Kotetsu only needs 5 Pokemon? That's gotta say something about Ash's team. And Oshawott had no business coming in on Hydreigon. Other then the quick Ferrothorn KO (which was acceptable given the circumstances) It was a pretty passable episodes

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well... this is crazy. Kotetsu only needs 5 Pokemon? That's gotta say something about Ash's team. And Oshawott had no business coming in on Hydreigon. Other then the quick Ferrothorn KO (which was acceptable given the circumstances) It was a pretty passable episodes

Oshawott actually did well though.

Joltik-Kid

Oshawott actually did well though.
I did notice that... but he still had no business. I would have accepted Pignite coming in after Boldore to trash the dragon (it's not like they haven't done something like that before)... it's bad enough Oshawott only used 3 moves unless Water Gun made an appearance as well.

I now remember the real reason I didn't want Ash to lose to Kotetsu... How the heck does that guy function?

LizardonX

Banned
I did notice that... but he still had no business. I would have accepted Pignite coming in after Boldore to trash the dragon (it's not like they haven't done something like that before)... it's bad enough Oshawott only used 3 moves unless Water Gun made an appearance as well.

I now remember the real reason I didn't want Ash to lose to Kotetsu... How the heck does that guy function?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IdiotSavant

Ima Weiner atually has an IQ of 300 and is in Mensa but he doesn't want to be treated differently so he acts dumb.

Joltik-Kid

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IdiotSavant

Ima Weiner atually has an IQ of 300 and is in Mensa but he doesn't want to be treated differently so he acts dumb.
Kotetsu secretly planned for this... he knew Riolu would evolve in the right circumstances and didn't want something to take the chance away, so he only brought 5 Pokemon to give Ash false hope and to allow his partner to beat Ash's last two Pokemon after evolution... Is that what your trying to tell me?

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
Kotetsu secretly planned for this... he knew Riolu would evolve in the right circumstances and didn't want something to take the chance away, so he only brought 5 Pokemon to give Ash false hope and to allow his part to beat Ash's last two Pokemon after evolution... Is that what your trying to tell me?

Exactly. He also planned on going to the junior cup late and planted the seeds for his dominance there by making everyone underestimate him, but in reality everything was going according to plan.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Kotetsu secretly planned for this... he knew Riolu would evolve in the right circumstances and didn't want something to take the chance away, so he only brought 5 Pokemon to give Ash false hope and to allow his part to beat Ash's last two Pokemon after evolution... Is that what your trying to tell me?

...If that's the truth Which I doubt it is that would be so awesome. O_O

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This battle was a complete mess. It was bad enough when Roxie made the last gym battle be 3 vs 6 but now Kotetsu will likely beat Ash in a 5 vs 6 in the league... Why do they hate Ash so much? With the exception of Leavanny not being here, this is a repeat of the 8th gym with Boldore, Unfezant, (Snivy, and Oshawott), get no wins just to glorify Pikachu and Pignite. Sigh. I don't even want to watch the next episode.